1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox- Is Ming the Real Thing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Jun 9, 2002.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really a discussion thread-

There was just a commercial for the Fox Sports Extra Sunday teasing "Is Yao Ming the Real Thing?". Just letting everyone know they'll probably be talking a lot of Ming tonight.

For those in the Houston area, it's on at 9:30 CST tonight. I'll try to watch it, and post the details (if any) here.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The "Real Thing"? Maybe he's signing an endorsement deal with Coca Cola.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Nothing really new...

Michael Goldberg already met with the Sharks GM. They still have to meet with other members of the Sharks and the CBA. Rudy says they are going in with an open mind trying to do things the right way. He calls it an adventure and he and CD both think things are going to be worked out.

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, nothing really new.

They got an interview with Eric Zhang (the title called him Yao's agent), and he called the meeting "necessary" and "a step in the right direction". Both Rudy and CD were very optimistic. I think they said Monday will be when they go to Beijing to talk to the CBA, and have been there since Saturday. I get the feeling we'll know one way or another by the time they get back.

As Jeff said, Goldberg met with the Shanghai GM, which I assume means Li Yaomin?

On another note, they showed the clip of Lebron James getting injured...the guy can elevate. He got injured trying to dunk on someone, but was undercut. He was UP THERE...like Vince Carter over Frederic Weis up there, and came crashing down.