1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron Hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NafeesLACC, May 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

How does he not have arrogance? All that flexing and posing after big dunks during big games is not arrogant? We've all seen him do that a bunch of times, why flex now? All the dancing, jumping around and over-laughing on dumb things, all the pre-game antics? That is not arrogant? "I want to be a billionaire" <<< That's not arrogant? What... being a hundred millionaire is not enough? And the road he takes to being a billionaire is being in every freaking commercial possible. It gets annoying, his game is great... he as a person is nothing special. Overrated, overexposed, overhyped. He's got a tattoo on his back that says "Chosen 1"

Yeah... sure he's not arrogant.

And Kobe is dirty and arrogant, LeBron is just arrogant. And I'm not jealous he's not a Rocket, I loved the team this year, the year before, I love the team we have every year. I haven't had a complaint on the team we had on the court since the time we used to start Hayes, Sura, and David Wesley. Other than that, I don't wish for superstar players.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I agree with what most have been saying in that I don't hate the guy but I don't buy into his hype. Just like Kobe, the NBA has hyped this Cavs/Lakers Finals ever since the allstar break and I'm frankly just sick of it. I don't need a superstar on my team to enjoy watching a nice game of basketball. Its a ball game not a rock concert. Let the Lakers and Cavs fans throw their panties at Kobe and Lebron all they want.

4. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

LBJ is their post boy, I'm not gonna hate him just because refs giving him superstar calls, just like I didn't hate MJ for that.
    The dude is a bull, hardworking guy, decent defender, and unlike Kobe he doesn't slap his teammates around. So what's to hate?

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I don't pay enough attention to his quotes but it seems like he's raking in the dough from all the sponsorship. I can't fault him for embracing the whole Chosen One thing, and as long as I see him more as a businessman than a guy who is really delusional then I think its ok with all the hype he's received. Didn't he come out and say he wanted to be the first billionaire basketball player?

I reserve judgment on whether he'll be the next MJ, and I really dislike when any player is compared to another one. As much of a compliment as it is, I'm sure Dirk didn't like being called the next Bird, or Kobe being called the next MJ. It sets unrealistic expectations that often fall short, and even if they're met, I'm sure a star player would rather enjoy their own legacy instead of having it compared to another's. I really hate the media in general.

The only player I see that likes the comparison is Shaq endorsing himself as the current Wilt.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I love Lebron. Haters just don't appreciate good basketball..

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like Babe Ruth and Ali, there will never be another MJ.

People just don't get that.

8. echu888

echu888 Member

This is exactly it. Cavs games are unwatchable with any kind of commentary, as the commentators spend, oh, roughly 85% of their time talking about LeBron, what he ate for breakfast, etc. It's nauseating. And, he himself is completely along for the hype-ride as well. I think he loves the idea of being the savior of [strikeout]manki[/strikeout]basketball. Oh well, whatever. With the Rockets' season over, my interest in basketball is over as well. The NBA as a whole is just kind of absurd.

9. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

OP just because not all of us are as deeply in love with Lebron as you seem to be doesn't mean its all hate... I know in the game thread today you were getting upset every time someone said anything negative against the Cavs or James even when it was deserved.

No one doubts he is a great player but some people don't like how he comes across as arrogant and how the media and refs treat him like a god. While its not his fault the media love him and the refs give him the benefit on any call he certainly doesn't try and reject it... he does as much media stuff as can and does all the showboating before a game, he still complains to refs even though he gets a better deal than any other player in the NBA. I dislike the Cavs as a team more than I dislike Lebron himself, they are arrogant and floppers, I can't stand the coach who has to be the worst COY ever, Mo Williams thinking hes awesome because he lives off the MVP and then has the audacity to be promising victories when he does jack **** to try and achieve them. I feel the same way about Wade as I do Lebron but I don't mind him because at least his team doesn't give me the ****s.

10. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

11. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I liked LeBron at first. But all of the hype eventually got to his head. The chalk throwing, the screaming/flexing after just about any good play...it just wears on me.

Give me a Derrick Rose type, who works hard and plays hard and 'acts like he's been there before.' I know it's a tired cliche, but I like the players who go to work and let their game explain how incredible they are.

Granted, I realize that Rose gets killed by LeBron in terms of basketball talent & physical gifts, but he's a lot easier for me to stomach. He's just one example.

12. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Since when traveling and phantom fouls become good basketball?
    It's so funny LBJ even travels in his commercials.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think there's irony in people who are reacting to the hype negatively. People that say they hate him because of the hype. It's just the same as people who like him because of the hype.

Who cares? If you don't care what ESPN says, or what Nike or the NBA advertises, then why are you letting that affect your judgment adversely? Why are you letting them dictate what you like or don't like?

Those companies are going to promote the best and flashiest product out there. Believe it or not, the NBA did not make Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc as good as they are. They made those incredible shots, not Nike or Gatorade. Combine that with an entertaining style of play and now you have your marketing campaigns.

Does everyone here hate American Idol, Sham Wow, and Angelina Jolie?

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

That chalk thing is annoying.

The double hop step on the way to the basket that doesn't get called is annoying.

But I don't hate him. He's one hell of a player.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Hell Yes, Hell Yes, HELL NO.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

an accidental trip is still a foul, you know.

17. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Love him or hate him, LBJ is a great player that MIGHT match the status of the greatest player ever ( Jordan )

18. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

He is one of the best players in the game. That alone will bring out haters, even if their reasons for hating don't make sense.

My guess is that there were just as many MJ haters out there (I knew quite a few), but there weren't a billion message boards out there (pre-Wizards MJ)for fans to express their hate as there are now.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think most of the hate is regards to the hype machine...I don't hate but it's funny to see him fail given all the ESPN hype, IMHO...

He is a great player and one of the best and has many years to win...

20. Duffy Pratt

Duffy Pratt Member

Yeah, but that wasn't a trip. James was putting his forward shoulder to draw contact and the defender had backed off, so James lunged forward even further to draw the contact and lost his balance. He did, however, manage to initiate the contact and draw the foul. It should have been a no-call, and if any player on the Magic had done the same, or any other player on Cleveland, it would have been a no-call. If Artest did it, he'd get a flagrant 1.

I don't hate James. But I am rooting against both LA and Cleveland. I wanna see all those puppet commercials airing while the NBA struggles to hype a Dwight Howard v. Melo match-up. At least Melo has a stupid nickname they can latch onto.