1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(HOTTVSHOW) Vince Young message to Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bigbodymoe, May 24, 2009.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Something interesting I just watched on this HotTV music show on channel 55, so some of you may not find it legit, but here goes regardless.

Vince is asked for his thoughts on the Texans not drafting him, to which he asks for the mic, looks into the camera and says...

"Houston Texans, i was very disappointed...very disappointed, but its ok. If things dont work out where Im right now, pleeaaase bring me home, I'd love to come back home"

Just a tid bit for you Vince Young lovers ;)

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

I doesn't seem like Vince is maturing all that much with a comment like that.

3. conquistador#11

V. Y is still living in the past. He reminds me of myself in 2010.

Are you sure this is not a live show from like 2 years ago? What person in their right mind would ask him such question. :confused:

4. PointForward

PointForward Member

the reporter should've replied: "I'm pretty sure the Texas would love to bring your sorry a$$ home if you did a couple of things: beating out 70-year-old Kerry Collins for the starting QB job would be an excellent place for you to start!"

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seems like he wants to kind of push a trade no? Like Pippen did when he called Houston ugly and Barkley a fat ass. The difference is Vince Young's "star" status has him demanding his trades on 55 the tube rather than ESPN. Poor guy... gonna wind up keeled over off 290 with his head in a bucket of hot wings with slit wrists and a gig em pie for desert.

6. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

He could always play the old "guard, end, tackle" position.

7. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

We have enough tight ends already on the roster.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Vince Young doesn't put it together this season and prove he can actually be a decent passer, he won't have much of a future. His career is on the line this season. I don't think he has what it takes to be a starting NFL QB.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

How old is Collins? 38? And he is signed for 2 more years IIRC.

Vince won't want to wait that long to start.

I can't see this ending with Vince in TN. Whether he is dealt or he walks.

His contract is not exactly great trade bait, either, since it is so heavily back-end loaded.

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

This.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess what I'm saying is VY better be good enough to take the starting job away from Collins. Kerry Collins is mostly a caretaker who makes very few plays. I expect his performance to decline this year. To my knowledge, there was zero free agent market for the guy. This is a good scenario for VY to step out of the shadows and prove himself.

12. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Haha I don't think they'd ever do it

Sorry Vince

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He has the skills but it seems he is in the club and throwing parties more than he is in the film room. Atleast he will be a Big 12 Hall of Famer :D

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think Vince deepdown would love to come back to Houston and play for the Texans, but it is difficult to see it happening.

I think Vince just needs out of TN...The mental part would improve just on that.

15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No thanks the Texans have seen enough crappy qb play in their brief history.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Well he was in Houston recently for a concert and started pulling these antics -

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/25/vince-young-makin-it-rain/

Seriously, this kid is not all there.

17. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

With the Wild Cat offence making a reemergence thanks to Bill Parcells, Vince Young would be one of the best back up QB's you could get and could possibly strive in the right system.

Unless of course, you wanted to take a chance on a Michael Vick who still speaks in the 3rd person. :confused:

I could only see upside as he couldn't ask for much as a back up QB.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'll give my take...

But I rather wait for other people's responses... If they have it in them to post.

19. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Actually Vince is versatile he can be a backup and play another position on the field. Really he has all the tools he needs an offense and a coach to teach him how to use it. Vince when drafted was a project player for Tennessee but they rushed him out on the field and stun his growth from the sideline by throwing him in the games too early. He should have been a back up for 2 years coming in starting only in games that really didn't matter kind of like they did with Mcnair. I knew the Texans were not the team for that then because the fans had no patience to allow him to grow.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The guy is a complete bust and the only people who still care about him (including fans of his current team) are the UT fans who live in Houston.