1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darryl Dawkins: 'I wouldn't use a 5th round pick on Yao Ming'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Jun 8, 2002.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that I have your attention.

Ming has a history of not playing for teams that draft him.

The ABA Tampa Thunderdawgs, coached by Darryl Dawkins drafted Ming in the SIXTH round of the 2000 professional draft...and he had the nerve to stand up Chocolate Thunder!

Betta keep that funk alive.

:cool:

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Wasnt this the same league that had players like Tyus Edney, the O'Bannon brothers, and a few washed up players that were takin in the first round? :rolleyes:

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Gee... another lie. Typical of Yao Ming's detractors. hmmpphhh. :)

What potential acquisition are you going to pose next NIKE? Something like:
    Gee should we really draft Ming if we could otherwise bring Bobby and Jack back from the dead?

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad people aren't so enthralled with Ming that they can't take a joke.

:rolleyes:

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I don't think it's so much people being enthralled in that it was hard to tell it was a joke, especially since the link lead to something completely different.

6. mfclark

mfclark Member

The ABA always makes stupid picks like that, on the extremely off chance that one of those players would actually want to go to their league and play. Does it ever happen? Nope.

But next time you hear..."And at center for your Tampa Bay Thunderdogs....7'5" from China....Yao Ming!" just think what could've been here in Houston. :cool: ;)

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That was pretty funny Nike. :D :D :D

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Maybe some people just aren't as witty as you NIKE.

;)

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I dont think they would use their 1st round pick on J Will either. Actually, I am more curious why they would waste a pick on someone who's definitely not going to play in ABA...

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:) I was a fourth round pick!

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wow NIKE...you are so witty. I laugh...hahahahahahahahha! Not really, but you are very imature in your posts! I'm so happy to be part of a forum that includes you.

p.s. stop wasting your time so i can stop wasting mine

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Come on guys, this was obviously a joke. Maybe not a hilarious one, but there was hardly any reason to take NIKE's post seriously. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

13. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

this is extremely serious guys, I mean were so worried about the chinese government, the sharks, even frickin Mark Cuban trying to screw with are number one and then chocalate thunder comes in and snatches him up right from underneath are noses, ****, we didnt even get a chance to draft him and hes already off the board......I want off this crazy rollercoaster called life guys, I just cant handle how all these things play out....
    might as well draft jay and trade his sorry ass
    :mad: