1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: Just The Numbers...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2009.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

One only exaggerates when the actual facts aren't convincing enough. So my advice to you is to either stick to the facts or change your argument.

Actually, when you talk about McGrady's performances despite his lack of quality teammates and exaggerate on Luther Head's ineptitude, that exaggeration favors McGrady.

If a team is good enough to go up 2-0 or 3-1 in the playoffs, then they have the talent to win the round.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

THERE IT IS . .. IN A NUTSHELL!

Rocket River

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Maybe he does. But you are known as a big time TMac hater and YOF.

So please go away. Discussion ended. Thank you very much.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yup, I dislike McGrady and have been very critical of him since I joined clutchfans. I don't deny that. But I've also been right about him.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather be a "TMac hater" and knowledgeable about the Rockets as opposed to a "TMac fan" and ignorant.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am a Rockets fan I believe we can be a championship caliber team with him coming back healthy or as using him as trade bait.

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

yeh but you also tend not to come out when his being successful, like during the latter half of last season.

Im all for criticising McGrady but alot of you who criticise him have nothing good to say about him when his doing well

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Criticizing McGrady is like criticizing AI or Marbury. If people come out when he has a good game, then people will just say "You just hate T-mac, and this proves it. He had a great game." Like AI and Marbury, he'll have just as many bad games and ruin team chemistry.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

really? tmac has been ruining team chemistry for years now?

9. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I wonder how many threads there would be without tmac or yao bashing threads.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have a great idea....let's trade Tmac and find out !!!

:D

DD

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Where are these so call articles?? I never saw that.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's good man?

T-Mac will never be traded from this team.. they'll just let him expire. :)

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    This is a stupid argument brahh.
    I LYKE H8 TMACZ AND IM RIGHT SO IM LYKE MORE KNOWLEDG4BLE!!1!one!

Not everyone who likes McGrady is ignorant. Nice try though dudeeer

1 person likes this.
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeahhh okkk. Allen Iverson took his team to the finals with role players less skilled than my high school team. Stephon Marbury was a very good player for a very long time until he got stuck in the abyss known as the New York Knicks. I can honestly understand him being sick of KG. I would be sick of him too....

15. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

DD, who do you have in mind trading him for? Who could we pick up this year with his expiring contract that would be more useful to us than letting his contract expire and entering the chase for 2010 FA's? I haven't seen too many players suggested that I really want more than say LeBron or DWade. What do you think? TMac is worth the best 2 guard that we can attract for $23M in 2010 and probably have money left over to afford another piece.

BTW: Are you working on Dragon Age right now?

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In an argument, if one person is right and another person is wrong, then it stands to reason that the person who was right was more knowledgeable.

17. Chitose123

Chitose123 Member

I am Chinese, I don't like T-Mac.He is so lazy.He cannot be the leader.Soon trade him,or Yao will go to Cleveland.

18. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

This is ridiculous, these numbers don't mean anything since he wasn't healthy, lets take another look: prior to entering this season the Rockets had a 60% winning percentage win games WITH Tmac.. I think a healthy one would be huge, an unhealthy tmac that is trying to play is a bad thing, but a healthy one makes a big difference, his play-making would be a pretty big asset, plus his ability to consistently score buckets.

19. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

I don't think Rockets can afford 23M at 2010, even with Tmac's salary gone that will still be over the salary cap

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

For who? Corey Magette?

bahahaha

:D