1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If We Traded Yao.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joliver325, May 18, 2009.

1. lawwang

lawwang Member

If we can trade Dream we can trade anyone. -------------if we can do someing we can do anything? haha.

2. lifei

lifei Member

whatever,yao change a team

3. lifei

lifei Member

4. seadenliu

seadenliu Member

Yes yes he is not suitable for RA's system, yes yes you can win lakers without him, yes yes you can forget all his advantage, you can forget the last 7years, blame his injurer and don't think why he got injured. Rockets would win this championship if the owner was not so stupid to refuse Pistons' Billups&Prince for T-mac plan, but now it's over, Rockets' Yao time should be over. Rebulid, continue to win the lakes without him or whatever, just let him go!

5. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

ONLY trade YAO for another good post players. We had two great games with LAKERS without YAO,.. but team had to play very hard to score every point.We need easy basket, 1-on-1 offense. I dont see anyone can do that on the roster. You can not play extremely hard every single night, especially during the regular season. That makes the team not stable

6. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

Why do we have these redundant hypothetical "what if" threads. Les and DM has said it over and over again. Yao will not be traded.

7. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Byum + Gasol doesn't make any sense. Gasol is soft and Byum looks nothing like his pre-injury form. Again why would I trade the best offensive center in the league arguably the top15 player in this league for a big athletic power forward and a injury prone big man? This trade is not for the sake of the team.

I would settle nothing less than a super-star in return or two all-star for Yao.

8. doggfrenzy2

doggfrenzy2 Member

I trade OP out of clutchfans.net for a bag of peanuts. :D :D

9. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

The Rockets have two 'superstars' who have a propensity to not show up for the playoffs.

The Rockets need players with durability.

Inasmuch as TMac and Yao have contributed to the Rockets' regular season hopes, that hope is usually extinguished during the playoffs.

Just trade them both.

Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming for Chris 'Birdman' Anderson and Nene.

10. heyangw

heyangw Member

Unfortunately, lots of fans here are not smart enough for understand this.
    They don't understand every player has his goods and bads. These dumb fans just look at too much the bads and ignore or forget quickly the goods.

11. Chitose123

Chitose123 Member

I am Chinese. I think next reason,Yao should come to Cleveland and Lebron James will help him realize the dream.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If we could trade 90% of the "fans" who have posted in this abomination of a thread, we'd increase the quality of the GARM by an unknown, but worthwhile, percentage.

13. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

And that's a fact Jack!!!

14. Crescendolls

Crescendolls Member

never, just think what the Chinese market means to Leslie Alexander.
    if Yao went to Cleveland, or if T-Mac was Wade, then what would happen? each = world champion

15. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

Trading Yao for a draft is a stupid idea. Who are we going to get out of the draft? Blake Griffin!???! He's not worth it

Only Lebron and maybe Wade can bring lots of money to Houston like Yao.

But what team would trade their superstar for Yao?

16. albuster

albuster Member

Whew what a relief! I am glad Les Alexander is such a smart person that he chose DM as the Rockets GM. The majority of the posters in this thread make me really appreciate how smart DM really is. Please fellow posters we can be much smarter than we are showing in this thread.

17. aws311

aws311 Member

let's see how many C in NBA score at least 15+ and how much they worth? (Yao, O'Neal and Okur are at the last years in contract)
    --------------------score---reb---$08/09----$09/10
    Al Jefferson---------23.1--11.0---11M -------12M
    Dwight Howard-----20.6-- 13.8---13.7M----- 15.1M
    Ming Yao------------19.7 --9.9 --- 15M ---- 16.3M
    Shaquille O'Neal---17.8---8.4--- 20M ---- 20M
    Mehmet Okur-------17.0 -- 7.7 -- 8.5M --- 9.5M
    Andrea Bargnani---15.4-- 10.2 -- 5,1M --- 6,5M

who should rocket trade for?

18. gotoguy1982

gotoguy1982 Member

good idea
    trade yao to lakers for gasol
    or cleveland for ben/big Z + filler
    do it morey
    Chinese fans all hope that happen.

19. blink

blink Contributing Member

You can tell who some of the YOFers are by their bad grammar/broken English. I only have to read a few words and I'll know if the poster is going to be uptight/anal about the topic.

20. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

Nice. I will add ONE bag for you.