1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conf. Finals] Cavs vs. Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, May 17, 2009.

?

King James vs. Superman

1. Cavs in 4

8 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Cavs in 5

34 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Cavs in 6

44 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. Cavs in 7

42 vote(s)
    17.7%
  5. Magic in 4

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. Magic in 5

11 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Magic in 6

74 vote(s)
    31.2%
  8. Magic in 7

22 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Nice job Lebron you lost at home against the magic, and won a buzzer beater at home... Nba finals? bull ****!!! your not that good at home, plain and simple. I'm so anti lebron, and i never liked mj, but now I'm on him. b/c most nba fans never saw mj play. aka the stupid ****s

2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

it was a good shot by lebron but kinda lucky :)

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some people are just programmed to turn game-discussion threads into their personal vent sessions against LeBron, Kobe, Wade, etc. They barf up the same drivel thread after thread after thread, post after post after post.

1 person likes this.
  4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

correct

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It's amazin', so amazin', it's amazin', it's amazin'....

...and the brainwashing begins!

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Why don't you open your own thread to repeat the same thing every 3 minutes? Oh wait, you can't. You wonder why? Maybe because repeating the same post 1000 times isn't contributing to any discussion.

You don't want to compare LeBron with MJ, fine. Others want to compare, leave them alone.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't think anyone in this thread said LeBron was MJ.

Half of the MJ talk comes from the people claming LeBron isn't MJ.

Who gives a care if he's not MJ? He is LeBron James who is a damn great player who I would take on my team.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Those "people" are mostly just the product of NBA marketing which is trying to sell the sport in the present. If LeBron doesn't at least come close to matching MJ's accomplishments, all this present hype will be a thing of the past 10 years from now and there will be a new sensation the league tries to sell off.

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

dude he split at home against the magic.

10. Amalgam

Amalgam Member

I saw MJ play, and was like a giddy school girl. I knew he was the greatest. But its time to move on from him now. MJ is the greatest to ever play.

But you cant knock a guy whos trying to get there. And forget people who say LB>MJ, its just their opinion. I do think MJ>LB, but im not saying he cant get there. This is LB's like 5th year? Remind me of what MJ accomplished this point in time, he took the bulls to the finals also with no one on the team. Just like LB is doing.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah.. that's what I'm thinking too. I just can't see LeBron matching it, I know he's very young, and he has A LOT of time left... but's its really hard to do. You're basically talking about being the GOAT.. in the league of Tiger Woods.. Muhammad Ali.. people like that.. it's just too much.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

So LeBron split against Orlando at home and now he pretty much sucks.

I forgot MJ whole NBA career was perfect. He won a Championship his Rookie year until his final season in the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Sigh...I hate the inevitable hate on the comparisons...

BUT, 6 years into their career, to lend some perspective...

Lebron has won one MVP.
    Micheal has won one MVP.

Lebron has been to the Finals once.
    Micheal has not been to the Finals at all.

14. Asian Sensation

As much work Lebron has cut out for him to catch up to MJ status.... it's not like MJ swept the Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, or Jazz. None of those series were a cake walk and MJ had a lot of luck and clutch shots from himself and his teammates just like Lebron's 3 tonight.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Without a doubt. The Magic haven't had a problem in erasing huge leads. This must be very discouraging for the Cavs. The Magic do have the tendency of giving up leads, but they have gotten better at maintaining their poise.
    I expect Dwight to come out really aggressively at home. Lewis and Hedo are looking good and present mismatch problems with their length,size and shooting touch. Big Z and Big Ben can't do anything to stop Howard.

16. Amalgam

Amalgam Member

Yeah getting to see that as i havent been here long.

17. Asian Sensation

I forgot to add that Lebron still has a lot of work cut out actually a TON to catch up to MJ status but he had struggles to. It's shots like tonight and overcoming adversity/tough competition that makes you GOAT status. Bron is definitely on his way.

18. spysta

spysta Member

Its funny because Micheal Jordan himself would disagree!! lol

19. jose

jose Member

can someone ban jlew, he is ruining this thread by derailing it about "blahblahblah hes no mj" when no one even mentioned him. it was an amazing shot definitely one of the most amazing ive ever seen in my life.

and to the guy who said that was bad defense by pavlovic, if he had tried to stop him more they probably would have called a foul on him so naturally he had to give him some space, they had just called a foul on pavlovic after rashard lewis elbowed HIM in the throat. at the start of hedo's shot he had 2 hands in his face and it was just a very good high arch shot. some other notes is that pavlovic held down kobe to the low 30s % in the times he has guarded him the entire game(delonte west was injured, so pavlovic was the starter).

but wow lebron is amazing.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

And Dwight Howard ;)