1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State as Trade partner for T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seth, May 18, 2009.

1. Seth

Seth Member

What do you think? Would they be interested in trading for T-Mac (23M)??
    What would you ask for?

They are stacked at the SG position with Ellis (11M), Jackson (7.6M), Magette (8.9M), Azubuike (3.1M) and Belinelli (1.5M) all players i think are worthy a try. (maybe not so Azubuike)

They also have other assets in Biedrins (9M) and Turiaf (4.1M).

They have right now 55 Millions in contract for 2010 free agency, trading foor T-Mac will leave them at the 32 Million mark, and (thinking that they won´t trade Ellis) they will have plenty cap room to sign 2 stars. Plus, Bird rights on T-Mac.

2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I would want either the combo of Ellis, Maggette, Belinelli, or the combo of Jackson, Maggette, Jackson, and Turiaf.

If we get 2 or more SF's though, either expect us to NOT sign Artest, or to trade one of the people we get in the trade to other teams.

3. SBK#2

SBK#2 Rookie

Probably a guy like Turiaf wouldnt hurt.. but not straight up

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Tmac for Jackson. We would have 3 lock down defenders around yao. Its the offseason!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They would be my number 1 target for him.

DD

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seems like GSW would definitely be interested but I would like to add a third team to facilitate it. I wouldn't want more than 1 of any of their swingmen.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Golden State is one of the ideal partners for a trade involving McGrady. They would definitely want the cap relief since they're going young and are rebuilding. Although Jackson signed an extension with them, he's at the point in his career where doesn't want to be involved in a rebuilding process and he even had a falling out with Nelson after he signed his extension. It wouldn't hurt to inquire about Biedrins, but I don't think the younger players are going to be available. The Rockets would have to take on a bad contract (most likely Crawford or Maggette) to make the deal work. I think a deal involving T-Mac to Golden State would look like this:

McGrady for Jackson, Turiaf or Randolph or Wright, and Crawford or Maggette.

I think it's a win-win for both franchises.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would only want Ellis(who probably wouldn't be traded) or Jackson and ONLY if Ron isn't on the team. No way I'm pairing Jackson and Artest on the same team...the fight in the Palace aside, they are both guys who have a tendency to get provoked into taking too many tough shots while trying to be the hero. Plus they are both high emotion guys and you don't want two guys like that feeding off each other if the energy is negative.

9. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

if Randolph came :eek: But I doubt that one

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ellis and Biedrens.....or any of them and Biedrens...

DD

11. ibm

ibm Member

a little greedy, but i'd love that. give them ab if need be (doesn't monta play pg?). :cool:

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Knicks, GSW, Nets are all good targets for TMac.

Unfortunately, I only see what we need at GSW unless Nets wants to do Carter for TMac swap straight up.

13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It would be funny to have Jackson and Artest on the court at the same time, maybe plus AB. Yao can take a long rest, for he's not going to get any shot:)

14. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Frankly the only player I would want off the Warriors roster might be Turiaf. But would he be willing to return to a backup role?

15. Seth

Seth Member

I was thinking more of, let artest go, and trade tracy for Biedrins and Jackson plus a bad contrac GS wants to move.
    I wouldn´t mind if they want to go with Biedrins and Magette and a bad contract.

Getting Biedrins will call it a go, with watherver SG they send of those two.
    I think the other contract they would want us to absorve will be Turiaf.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...looking at in the NBA trade machine over on ESPN.com, it doesn't look like the deal would work unless a third partner was involved. For GS to come close to matching Tmac's salary they would have to trade Maggette & Jackson(assuming they build around Biedrins and Ellis which is the logical assumption) and Turiaf. That's a lot to give up in the name of rebuilding if you aren't getting picks or young prospects back in return. Plus I don't think Houston wants to be tied to two guys with 5 year deals who play the same position as Battier(and Artest if he stays)...and Artest is younger than Jackson too.

The question is this - is $20mil in expiring money more valuable as a trade chip or to sign another player? With the market shrinking you gotta think for the first time in a while, $20mil might get you a player significantly better than $20mil would have got you 2 or 3 years ago. I'm inclined to think $20mil gets you better, younger talent than Maggette & Jackson. Turiaf is a good defender but is undersized and I'm happier with Morey finding another Chuck Hayes making a fraction of what Turiaf is than actually paying him what he makes now in a trade.

...on second thought, I think I'll pass on the GSW idea.

17. Seth

Seth Member

I think Jackson is actually a much better player than artest, better defender, passer and shooter. And much more clutch.

A third team may be included only with benefits for GS, say the Thrid team, sends a Rookie or 2nd year player and a bad contract to GS, and GS sends Magette back, they will send that bad contract to us.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Why? He makes a lot more than Chuck Hayes and frankly Hayes is just as effective if not a more effective defender. Turiaf can dunk the ball which makes him a little more useful on offense but I'm not sure if having a Chuck Hayes type who can dunk but doesn't rebound as well is worth an extra 3 million. Besides, Turiaf is constantly getting into foul trouble.

FWIW - he has been a backup in GS - coming off the bench for Biedrins. I like Turiaf but I don't know if the value is there.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't think Jackson is a better defender. He's definitely faster than Artest but Ron is about the only guy in the league who physically won't get bullied by Lebron. That has to count for something for a team that wants to represent the Western Conference in the Finals sometime soon. Battier plays Kobe better than anyone but RonRon plays Lebron better than anyone too.

....I'm also concerned that Jackson is one of those players who becomes less involved offensively/defensively if he isn't the first or 2nd option. He's obviously more effective in GS as the first option than he was say with the Spurs as a role player. I actually like Artest as a 2nd or 3rd offensive option(NOT as a first - especially after these playoffs) which is in theory what he would be here if Yao/Tmac don't both go down.

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I love Ellis' game but we would have the smallest backcourt in the league. I' am also worried about his injury history. I'd still be thrilled if we were to get him though.