1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Joey....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GBRocket, May 17, 2009.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That makes my blood boil and I don't even like the Spers

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

First 3 minutes.

David Stern...b*stard

3. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

That is good and all,but this man's track record tells you that the guys you want to man up will be on the pine with foul issues.
    Instead of Battier taking charges,they will be called blocks.
    I agree with the man up,but there is NO QUESTION that Crawford is the NBA's safety net as a bail out guy and then blame him for something. ASK BRENT BARRY. You can put yourself in position to win and he can take it away from you.

Don't come back crying about Crawford after the fact because we all know he will make some Laker biased calls.

4. RocketsBearFan

Wishful thinking. Stern knows that the fishy officiating will be forgotten by the time the next round starts. The media and the league will be quick to focus attention on an LA - Denver matchup with more hype for an eventual LA -Cle finals. We're just the lowly underdog rockets. I think the Rockets are about to get royally screwed.

I hate that bald pr*ck Joey Crawford.

5. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Screw Crawford, were gonna win anyway.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Actually every board I've visited want the Rockets to win. Nobody cheers for Goliath.

7. RocketsBearFan

So you're telling me that a 15-20 FT disparity in the lakers favor isn't due to officiating? We can man up but if the officials are crooked then it's 5 v8. Like when they let Finley steal that ball when he was out of bounds or when they started calling moving picks for the first time the entire season *only* after Cuban complained about it? Yeah, remember that?

8. 4_ever11

4_ever11 Member

:D :D
    funny.

9. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

he will continue to blow his whistle until all the significant rockets foul out shortly thereafter blowing kobe.

the only way to beat crawford is to maintain a huge lead on the lakers. reference the boston blowout with crawford officiating.

go rockets.
    beat the officials.

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

As long as the Rockets shed Laker's blood I can be content with a loss.
    This means all out war and a brawl that makes the one @ the Palace seem like nothing. Artest, lead the way please and knock Kobe the f out. Use that big body of yours and run him over like a Dodge truck. Then let Yao grab Joey's head and crush the skull slowly. All hell will break loose after that.

The brawl at Stapples Center, May17th 2009, book it !!! :mad:

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

We knew it was coming. We knew it was coming.

Still, I can't fathom why Stern puts Joey in this game will all the highly-contested calls in this series.

Joey is a douchebag and an embarrassment of a man.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The guys I want to man up are the sissy fans whining about refs before the game has started.

And believe me, the last thing I would do is cry about the refs after a game was decided.

What I hope to do is celebrate after a victory when this thread is over.

See, this thread is a pre-knee jerk excuse for failure, that's the only way I see it.

We've got to neutralize the ref factor with the Rocket factor.

If you guys call it 5 vs 8, then fine, we'll play 5 on 8.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Uh, because Stern is salivating over a Kobe-Lebron finals.

What a prick

14. kegray34

Clearly the boards you visit don't have people posting from ABC,ESPN,or the NBA.

It is all about ratings and the rating play is Kobe v Lebron.

Who does the NBA market for Hou/Cle??

Chuck v Lebron.

15. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

Does anyone know the number of the guy that Tonya Harding hired? We need to do something about Crawford!! :D

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

well of course, what choice does the team have but to ignore it as a factor is silly.

Even JVG says there are 3 teams on the floor each night....and the record of Joey and the Lakers is danged telling....

Some refs STYLES favor certain teams...Joey is an over officiating ref...he actively LOOKS to make calls instead of just letting the calls happen.

He is one of the biggest problems with the NBA and credibility....I would rather have a LATE whistle that is right, than an early one that is wrong.

Joey anticipates FAR too often and he has thin skin.....give me Steve Javie over Crawford any day of the week.

DD

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

One of your best posts.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Agreed. I can already see Joey calling a quick foul when Ron approaches Kobe. He'll fall for ALL of Sasha-not-a-man's flops and Von Wafer will become a non-factor.

If it's close, I expect Joey to do everything in his power to show his stake in the game.

19. kegray34

Point taken.
    The point of this thread is EVERY ROCKET FAN knew Joey Crawford would be assigned to this game.
    THE NBA IS A DISGRACE AT TIMES WHEN FANS CAN TELL YOU WHAT REF WILL GET THE CALL.
    Only 4 series left, the NBA should say this crew is doing game 1,2,3 and so BEFORE the series begins. Eliminate some doubt as to crap like this.
    It's not like Joey Crawford is the Michael Jordan of refs. In fact the NBA has apologized for him more than any other ref in the league. Why is he even still doing games????

And what else is there talk about hours before game time?

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

This is the attitude the players HAVE to take, but we aren't robots around here. The evidence that this is a bad thing is overwhelming. Hopefully it doesn't have any impact at all, but you're telling my it won't be in the back of your mind as you watch the game?