1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese fans are overwhelmed with pride in this Rockes team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munir Ming, May 16, 2009.

1. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

I wont expect high TV ratings to happen in China. You gotta know it will be at 3:30 AM in China. And most importantly,the first workday is Monday. Stay up all night then go to work?! What do you expect from your boss? got your butt kicked? :p The only bunch of fans who gonna watch the game will be those damn diehard rockets fans like me :D

2. declan32001

declan32001 Member

:D Some moron is going to probably slam you for this post, but as a proud American I am ROTFLMAO. My only question is what is "weird *****"?

I think you meant "weird *ss **it" but if you had a better word/phrase in mind please let me know. This made my morning.

3. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Excellent Post.

4. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

my take are the C word or B word or maybe the P word. Who the hell knows :D

5. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Another thing I want to add...

Chinese people, by nature, and in their hearts like to root for the good guys;
    not necessarily the most talented. This Rockets team is just a bunch of
    good guys. It feel good to root for them.

Go Rox !

6. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I think this postseason has brought out the best of Rockets fans everywhere. It's the classic underdog story -- will vs. arrogance.

After we win, I hope people in cities across the world start wearing Rockets shirts/jerseys, start cheering for us in their towns and proclaim "I'm a Houston Rocket!" This team is a triumph of the human spirit :)

7. chonox

chonox Member

yea im asian, but i live in australia... .. YEA!!!! :confused:

.......... go rox :cool:

8. moo

moo Member

*****, I meant all the weird ***** going on in the good old US of A and somehow it came out with five stars? :eek: Although on second thought, there IS definitely some five star ***** coming out of America I'm sure people of all ideologies can enjoy.

Alright, I think there's enough of that cheesy mutual b*tt-kissing in this thread already. Don't forget we've got business to settle with the Fakers on tomorrow. If I may quote the great Winston Wolfe, "let's not start sucking each other's d*cks quite yet." Let's finish off the Lakers and then we'll look to that... ;)

9. moo

moo Member

That totally didn't work! :mad: I meant to say s**t lol.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

So are Greek/American mutts :p

11. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Good thread. It has been really annoying that there have always been posts hinting or even saying that Chinese fans are mainly YOFs. Granted, Yao is the reason why so many Chinese fans become a Rocket fan. I became a Rockets fan because of Yao, but I am still watching Rockets games and rooting for Rockets without Yao playing at the moment.

Unless you were born, raised and still live in the same city, people have to realize that being a fan of that city's sport's team already starts being a fan of a certain player.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Basketball is global. No more wars, let's play!

13. rocketeagle

rocketeagle Member

I started to love the rocket because of Yao. Now, I love this team even without Yao. I was fan of Yao and now I am fan of rocket.

14. conquistador#11

I was a huge rockets fan all throughout the 90s,but after the lockout my dedication to the team dropped severly,though i still watched most of the games.
    It was yao's arrival to houston, along with players like manu into the nba, that re-captured my interest.

This rockets team is a gift to everyone who believes in the concept of team.
    The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. =)

15. tohoku

tohoku New Member

I am a Chinese student currently in the Netherlands. I have been a Rox fan since 1994/1995 when dream led the team to win the champion. It is one of my sweetest memories in childhood. That is also the earliest time when CCTV5 (Chinese National Sports Channel) gave a live broadcasting of NBA match. Afterwards, I was chasing the Rox from Big3 to Francis/Mobley until Francis got the first pick which led Yao to be the Rox player. Since then, increasingly more Chinese media reported Rox thus we can see even every Rox match from the TV. Not only Yao, Francis, T-Mac, Shane, RonRon, Chuck, Uncle-Moo and Luis all have a large population of fans from China. We will definitely root for Rox no matter Yao is or not in the court.
    To be honestly, it is always during the mid-night when the Rox match happens. Therefore, I very often get up quite early to see the third or fourth quarter of the match. Luckily, next match is 9:30PM in Central European time, the rox fans in Europe will enjoy the biggest match in a very good time!
    Go Rox, Go! Let's cheers from continents to continents, let's cheers from both sides of the ocean.

16. 4_ever11

4_ever11 Member

Always standing by you, Houston.

NOW, 24 hours left...

17. 4_ever11

4_ever11 Member

And me!
    算我一个~

I did not a game from the first round till now.. Even I had had lots of problems like some must-attending classes and the heavy eyelids in game 4 in 3:30 am.. I'd never been absent. And the Rockets never let me down.

18. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I was holding meetings and business lunch during game 4 and game 6. My brother and my other friend keep texting me the progress of the games. The vendors and my colleagues must feel strange and thought I scored some in the stock market when they saw my grin while reading those messages.

Game 7, win or lose, these Rockets are heros in this generation of fans already.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The moral instinct of any decent human being will tell you that the Rockets are the good guys and the Lakers are the evil empire.

20. monster

monster Member

I'm glad to hear that Chinese fans are still bleeding Rocket Red, even with Yao on the bench. How could anyone not appreciate the monster effort this team has given. Win, lose or draw, I am very proud of these players. When everyone, including some Rocket fans wrote our team off, these guys brushed it off and kept focused on the task at hand.