1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 95, Lakers 80

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 14, 2009.

1. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

Beat LA!!!!!

2. biobosilo

biobosilo Member

I can not believe it ;)

Great!!

3. JakeVincent

JakeVincent Member

I was in section 407 right by ya. Yeah the crowd as a whole was rocking tonight. It was chilling to be standing with just a few minutes remaining up by 11 points. This Rockets team gives me tears in my eyes, they just play tough and give it their all. I'm hoping for a Game 7 win of course, but win or lose...this team is one to remember for the rest of our lives.

4. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i said it early in the season. scola, landry, battier, artest, hayes are to be feared on defense. no superstar, no talented bunch of hyped up players wants to play that many defensive beasts. beasts. i mean these guys are not only diving on the floor, they are chewing up the pavement.

tmac goes down. rafer is moved. yao goes down. we loose more than "some talent", we loose essentially our three main pieces. our three top scorers, both of our top assist guys, our top rebounder -- or let me say this is a way that casual fans understand: we loose two all stars...

add AB, or give him more room to operate.

this is no surprise to anyone who followed the rockets this year and actually watched the games. it was always our second unit which gave us quick spurts, played stellar D and coupled it with killer scoring bunches.

heck, you needent have even watched the regular season. in game 1, in LA, Yao was in foul trouble, and it was the Hayes backed second unit that put the initial shock into the lakers.

now, i am not saying we are better w/o yao and tmac and rafer. surely we all see where it would be nice to ride yao's dominance, or anyone who watches tmac when healthy knows he is as good as any player in the league, and rafer even though he makes us bite our nails is often nails in the fourth.

but what i am saying is that this group, this group that we have now. well, people say that they don't have as much talent. that they aren't a talented group of guys. well, i have this to say. bone gripping, tongue out, lock jawed, i am going to out work your overpriced overrated, out hustle, wear down, break you down, run you down, push you out, rip the floor out from under you kind of effort that these guys put out from all angles of the court over the full 48 minutes. well, my friends, that is a talent of sorts. is it not?

the intensity this team plays with is their talent.

and it is no accident. its in their blood.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110484

Heh...Laker fans being cocky and arrogant just like their team...this is before game 6...

Until these playoffs, I never knew Artest was so funny. Gonna miss him after Thursday.

They had a nice run but its time to go fishing for Houston. Game 6 and its over. Take it like a man Artest.

You call it will power, I call it delusion. Can Artest even count to 7?

:p

Artest: Kobe...tell me how my @$$ tastes

;)

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Tide is turning on espn.com the poll for who will win game 7 is 50/50 at the moment.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

anyone who thinks Aaron Brooks is not a future Rocket should be shot in the face about 50 times. HE is the main reason we won games 4 and 6. If you can't admit it, got watch football or something. give AB credit, right now, he's the best player on are team. face it

9. JakeVincent

JakeVincent Member

I agree 100 percent about Brooks being a future Rocket.

I would argue with the point that he was the main reason we won Game 6 though. Game 4 yes, but Scola was lights out in the first half before Brooks had his in the second half. I thought Scola's play early really set the tone for the game.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

was shane also sick or did they confuse him with ron? According to the Yahoo! recap..

12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I love this team. So much HEART!

I am so on a Rockets HHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Beat LA! :D

13. wxzcool

wxzcool Member

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Spike Lee should have made his documentary about someone that is gonna still be in the playoffs when his little movie premiere's lol.

15. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

OMG GREAT GAME TONIGHT!! BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

16. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

I hope they don't put marv albert to narrate the game cuz he piss me off just calling them so

LET'S GO ROCKETS

Don't Give up.....DON'T Ever give up......Jim Valvano

and show to the WORLD the HART OF A CHAMPION

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

wont be, game is on abc, marv albert works for tnt........it'll prolly be the same 3 from today, breen, jackson, jvg

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Jimmy V, NC State Wolfpack upsetting the Houston Cougars (ironic isn't it?)!!!!

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaah! Great game! Great, great, great, great, ... Gooooooooo Rockets! Beat L.A. Beat L.A. :D :D :D

20. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Beat LA, nothing is impossible in Game 7, go rox, believe