1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHat Must Happen For A Game 7 WIn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by knickstorm, May 15, 2009.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

--Aaron Brooks must continue this.....shoot at a high percentage, drop like 25+

--Ron ARtest needs to wake up ..........25+ 9-17 type effort

---CHuck Hayes must negate Gasol......he's done it before....it totally screws the lakers offense and it's all on Kobe

--please take care of the basketball.....and luis scola needs drop close to 20

--quick start is a must, as we have seen this team doesnt do well coming back.....take a lead and pray we hold it

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You nailed it. Most important is taking care of the ball. And Aaron Brooks...he needs to shoot more...i rather him shoot than Artest dribbling and taking bad shots. If they want to be efficient...i take Aaron Brooks pick and pop than Artest one on one dribble and pop any day.

I mean if Artest is on then it's cool...but he's been inconsistent lately. Aaron Brooks can take 3 any where any time he want....he's such a good shooter...he needs to shoOT MORE i can't stress this enough.

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not allow Chuck's foulsls to affect his minutes.The only one that should, should be the 6th. Game 7, time to save NOTHING!!!

4. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

Hold our ground against their 1st quarter all-out attack, then the game is ours. I BELIEVE!!!

5. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Brooks needs to score to win.

In the three wins, Brooks is averaging 26pts
    In the three losses, Brooks in averaging 11pts

6. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I don't get the point of these threads.

Everyone who creates one of these is blatantly stating the obvious.

My one and only key?

1. Score more points than the Lakers on Sunday.

OH SNAP! That was obvious too. My bad.

7. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Shane needs to be on with his 3's. Simple as that.

8. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Don't turn the ball over.
    Don't give up rebounds.
    Shooting a high percentage(50 - 60%)

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The key was crisp good passing. We can't get all worried and running around like crazy and making bad passes when we get flustered...take a breath and don't rush.

1 person likes this.
  10. boiledwater

boiledwater New Member

Referee is also important. Hope rox can get fair whistles.

11. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

In order for us to win we shouldn't lose our composure, we must expect LA to strike hard in the first quarter, but we shouldn't let that rattle us....just keep on doing what we've been doing from game 6 and throw in an extra 110% effort....so that's a total of 210% effort...which should be sufficient enough for the game 7 win.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Correct,game 2 was a good example in which we simply didn't pass the ball around from the beginning because the Lakers got off to a good start. Adelman will need to take a full time out really early,if that happens on Sunday.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Why doesn't AB shoot off a curl pick like Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen, and Tmac used to do? He seems to be a very accurate jump shooter with a quick release and it's definitely a higher percentage shot than an Artest iso on the perimeter.

I want the ball in AB's hands at the end of the game in a pick and roll otherwise.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Perfect Storm

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Limit the damn turnovers in the first quarter and win the rebounding battle.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

At least don't lose the rebounding battle by a lot. Also another thing is that we at least need to hit 33% of our three pointers while Brooks must keep attacking. He must play the game of his life this Sunday.

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Minimize turnovers, and keep the bigs out of foul trouble. Also, stay loose as all the pressure is on the Lakers.

18. heyangw

heyangw Member

After Yao is out, the only way for Rockets to win is

Crazy Defense + Everyone Plays Big on Offense.

19. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

You left out the most important thing...

SCOLA!   SCOLA!   SCOLA!   SCOLA!   SCOLA!   SCOLA!   SCOLA!

20. justafriend

justafriend Member

One thing I think Adelman needs to look at is playing Scola & Landry together more. We picked up a break when Chuck got his 4th foul. The Rockets had absolutely nothing going on offense in the 3rd until Landry got in the game. I would consider putting him in for Chuck halfway through the 1st and 3rd quarters, since it usually takes the Lakers 4-5 minutes to figure out they don't need to guard Hayes.