1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Just Hugged My Television

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, May 14, 2009.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Yep. You are right, Zboy.

I still say it with pride:

Team. Dumb.
    Coach? Showed many times he has NO FREAKING CLUE.
    Yao? Soft as ice cream.
    T-Mac? Softer still.

So, there you go. You won! Yours is bigger than mine. Good job!

And on my way to bed, I hug my Olajuwon jersey when I take it off and hope for the best in Game 7.

Let me know what you find on those searches overnight. I will check the thread tomorrow on my way to work and hopefully, I won't be embarrassed too much. :)

2. lok2012

lok2012 Member

click this link for game 7
    http://raptorsnation.net/

3. ShawnLiew

ShawnLiew Member

I kust kissed my television.......... :D

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So he got a clue of a sudden today?

It's called keeping the bigger picture in mind. Adelman does not mind experimenting during the regular season.

Had it not been for Adelman going thru growing pains, most likely you would be filling out an application at BestBuy nearby with Artest for a discount on a new TV set.

5. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

ALMU -- so great to see someone I recognize from back in the day! (dont worry you likely dont recall me; no worries)

Didn't you used to do rec.sport.basketball.pro.houston-rockets, too? I think I remember you from there, too.

I'm with you 1000% -- INCREDIBLY proud of the Rockets tonight. Just have that 'glow' feeling. Awesome.

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Shock the world, baby, shock the world.

7. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

I just humped my monitor :D

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Man I hate my job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great game missed

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

my gf and I gave a standing ovation. :D

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Waited for your search results where I said they have no chance. If you decide to give it a shot, email me the clips. Don't embarrass me in front of my peeps, ok? :rolleyes:

But ok. Like I said, you winneth! Good job.

I am going to take my hypocritical self to the mall to gets me a new Battier shirt.

Have an AWESOME weekend!

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I do remember you, PhiSlamma! Where you been?

You bringing stuff back from 1997!!! Maybe earlier!

I am very proud of the team. I have to say that they keep surprising me and I was totally depressed after game 3. This team affects me in ways that shouldn't be allowed when you talk about sports!

If they win on Sunday, I think I may actually cry as I basically tongue down my television!

I just pray for one more Kiss of Death shot. Its going to be really tough. Like AB said, they have more talent. But like JVG said, they are not tough. Sometimes, being dumb and tough is better than smart and soft as hell.

Look at Yao! :D

Just kidding, YOF's! Don't kill me. I had a Friday margarita in the office today! Forgive me! :)

12. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Dude. Let the guy have his moment.

And the rest of us, too.

Sheesh.

13. guangzu

guangzu Member

Here are some tissues :)
    I hugged my computer and TV since they work together to get me the game.

14. rednene

rednene Member

Me too! I'm in Rio and have stayed up till 2/3am to watch every game--and then I can't sleep until a few hours later--too much EXCITEMENT!!!

Go Rockets!

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I tried to have some celebratory love with my wife. Who hit me and yelled at me for waking her up. :eek:

16. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

As a younger fan, I missed the championship teams with The Dream and Barkley and Drexler and those guys, I was too young to understand basketball then.

So, I have to say, this is my favorite Rockets team I've ever seen. I adore them too.

I love this team too. And I believe we can believe. I believe it.

17. Prince

Prince Member

You only hugged your TV?

THIS IS THE BIGGEST UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. :)

18. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

What's up, man? Been a LONG time!

I just faded out, can't even remember why and didn't post hardly ever though I would come by and read a good amount.

SO proud of this team, just like you said. I remember being on the rec.sport page back when Karl's Sonics were zoning Hakeem and that stopped us from facing Jordan's Bulls :(.

It's incredible what Yao has become, offensively and conditioning-wise. Let's just hope his health lets him keep playing consistently. He is unstoppable now when he is singled and catches the ball.

A Kiss of Death shot like Mario Ellie's would be almost beyond comprehension. I'm just like you, this team and the sport means more to be than it probably should. But I love it and couldn't be happier for this team and all the heart they've shown.

If they actually take out the Lakers, given their undermanned status, that would be one of the great wins in franchise history.

Take care, friend! I'll see you soon, a lot sooner than since the last time. Ha ha. :D

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

It's funny. I normally have a love/hate relationship with the Rox. But THIS team, this crazy Yao/Deke/Tracy-less conglomeration of grit, heart, and toughness? No matter what happens, I CAN'T hate them. They've made me so freakin' proud!