1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much pressure is Kobe/Lakers feeling right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, May 15, 2009.

1. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

The upcoming Game 7 reminds me of the Phoenix-LAL series when Kobe was the only good player on the team and they were starting Smush Parker. The Lakers had taken a 3-1 series lead then brutally choked all the way through Game 7 in which Kobe Bryant pulled a mysterious disappearing act to one of the worst defenses in the league.

My point is that the Lakers already have very high expectations to win the trophy and now for the first time since the Gasol-Kobe era, they face an elimination game in a series in which they should have no business going to a Game 7 in the first place.

The Rockets need to play with a mindset that they can put everything on the line because the burden is not on their shoulders right now. Everybody expects another 40 point bashing, but I have a feeling that it will come from Kobe Bryant's own hands to make a win happen for Los Angeles. You can sense his displeasure in trusting his team right now. Game 7 may very well be an all-Kobe game.

2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I don't think they, as a team, will feel any pressure.

BUT the media will put an unholy amount of pressure on the Lakers to win.

There was an ESPN article by J.A. Adande immediately after Game 1 and 2, saying "Are the Lakers in trouble?"

Imagine what ESPN and its journalists will say now.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

None... Do to the fact that they know Stern wont let us win.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You can bet your bottom dollar that Kobe is going through his collection of Jordan interview archives so he can say exactly what Mike said to the media when he was facing a game 7 against a team that was riddled with injuries but still kept beating his team.

Oh wait.... :D

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you see Bryant chewing out Gasol as the left at halftime? I think they are going to feel lots of pressure.

I have no doubt they are going to come out charging on Sunday. The Rockets have to match their intensity right from the start. Like every game this series the first quarter is really going to set the tone for the game.

6. RocketsBearFan

Gonna have to agree with you there. I bet either Dick the Fix or Joey Crawful will be reffing on Sunday.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You see him grab Gasol by the back of the head after the 1st quarter and shake dude's noggin all around like a 12 year old would do to his kid brother to piss him off?

I've figured it out. You have to surround Kobe with tissue-soft players because the guy is such an arrogant, abrasive, abusive prick that if you put another man on that team they will knock him out for the degrading stunts he pulls on team mates.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea i think one of the reasons Lakers were pushing themselves is the ****ing media too!! Constantly hauling them and reminded them what went wrong...ect... The media play a huge part in helping the Lakers too.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Kobe has fake confidence and fake toughness...I could see that in the postgame p.c.

He said he knew the rox would be tough :eek:

bs, they thought they would sweep.

10. Specklebelly

Specklebelly Member

Right now at this very moment, I dont think they are feeling the pressure. Half that team is too dumb to feel pressure. If game 7 is tight late however, I think everyone but Kobe will be very, very tight. I really think if it ends up a close game, the Rockets will pull it out because of the pressure on the Lakers. They will fold just as they did last year in the Finals.

11. MarsRock

MarsRock Member

I dont care. Let's kick them out in game 7!

12. redao

redao Member

They should be happy because their summer is coming.

13. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Kobe is feeling what the Colorado girl was feeling

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's why he seemed to be biting his jersey in pain at the end of the game.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

lakers are scared...

16. Rocketsfan86

Rocketsfan86 Member

SORRY BUT I DON"T WANT TO START A THREAD JUST FOR MY REQUEST BELOW! lol

anyone have a screen cap of ron artest's face sticking out his tongue while bs-ing with kobe?

17. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

"How much pressure is Kobe [...] feeling right now?

*Cynically scratches chin*

Hmmm....hopefully enough pressure to the point that Kobe experiences a nervous breakdown triggering a devastating inferiority complex...an inferiority complex so agonizing it triggers social anxiety therefore making it next to impossible for Kobe to step foot outside of his house, let alone suit up for game 7 :D

That would be dope if that happens.

*lightning strikes*

*Does finger pyramid of evil*

18. thylove

thylove New Member

i think the pressure is on rockets now,we just cannot play well in game 7.still remember what happened in game 7 agaist MAVS and agaist utah?? :eek:

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The Lakers won't start to feel pressure unless we get a lead on them... they might start panicking and realizing they are about to go down in infamy with the 94 Sonics and the 07 Mavs as epic failure #1 seeds.

20. GloryDays 94-95

That was Sasha that he was chewing out on the way to the tunnel. But he was all in Gasol during a timeout urging him to bring out something he does not have...