1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Metal Gear 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Jun 5, 2002.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I bought this game cuz everybody raves about it, but I just spent an hour playing it and still don't know what to do. I continue to go to Deck A, B, C, etc. A little guidance guys? And, I guess you're really nolt supposed to kill anyone, are you?

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

So have u got to deck E? once u get there i believe theres a door u go out and your oustide and you vs the first boss there. Correct me if i am wrong.

3. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

That game is fabulous!!!

Sonic is right , you have to find the control tower and you just head outside and you fight olga, a russian mercenary. When u beat her you'll receive a special item.

Have fun!!!!!!!

OH and by the way ,, metel gear solid is a game of hide and seek so yeah, in the beginning you should try not to kill to many people but after a while you'll start to feel kind of naughty so when you get the lethal fire arm make sure you have the silencer that goes with it or you'll end up alerting everbody and have hordes of mercenaries after ur as*.

A little tip, when ur outside of the ship and you have to dispose of a dead body (or a sleeping one!) you can toss the corpse off the ship through one of the railings that happens to be on the left side of the ship. Just drag the body close to the railing and the body is automatically dumped overboard.

And watch out for blood stains, a passing guard will notice them and will investigate. ( though the blood stains do dry).

Also pick up boxes when you have the chance; you can hide in them and at times they will be very crucial.

#3 Rocket101, Jun 5, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2002
  4. gr8-1

YOu know what, I think I did and I also got to the engine room. I was just going round in circles for awhile.
    So, I guess it's best to go in alphabetical order? A stair case on deck B had a crap load of boxes, how do you move them? Also, I didn't know how to pick up the fire extinguisher.

How do you pick up the bodies? with the triangle button?

Thanks for the help. Anymore tips?

5. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

just go room to room, you'll prob. be going back and forth anyway so don't worry about going in a certain order. also be sure to listen to ur friend when he talks to you. He is annoying at first but he'll help out a lot and fill u in on some of the plot as u go.

You won't able to pick up all the boxes, just certain ones and they will automatically be put in ur inventory. i think the 1st one is in the storage room where all the food is in. don't bother with the stationary stuff.

i haven't played the game in a month so i can't remember exactly what buttons do what; just put in some practice with a dead guy. also you know you can break the guys neck,, it comes in handy when you're out of ammo and it doesn't leave a mess. ( my preferred choice)

also when you hold a guy up at gun point (while your're in front of him) the guy will give u his dog tags and shake any ammo he has on him to the ground. !!!! if he trys to go 4 his gun, don't kill him , just shoot him in the arm or leg and then he will relent!

this is the best action game i've every played..

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Blood stains?!?! Disposing of dead bodies?!?!

I have GOT to get a PS 2!

7. gr8-1

More help please? Or discussion.

8. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

gr8-1 to get to deck e ther will be these long steps in the middle of the hall way i believe if u see steps that go up just keep going up eventually you will hit deck e.

9. gr8-1

Deck A to E is actually a straight shot. I beat Olga, but I don't know where downstairs is? Help?

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

11. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

gr8-1 to get downstairs i think you have to go back in the ship and just keep going down stairs that go down. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

12. gr8-1

That's the thing. I've gone pretty far down. Is deck A the lowest, or not really? So just look for stairs to go down? It's not over when I take the pics, is it?

13. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

When you take the pics you have to go back to the computer to transfer them to that guy you talk to on the radio thing. I think he tells you what to do next.

14. houskets

houskets Member

when you transfered the pics finished you'll go into a cut scene...a pretty long one and you'll end up playing a different character and at a different place made up of many shells...more places to get lost lol