1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac recovery time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jedicro, May 13, 2009.

1. leonking

leonking Rookie

What about his last surgery? How long did it take him to be able to play like a basketball player?

Thank about your answer for this one then.

2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

we need tmac next year, and we need yao. if we trade tmac we dont have a playmaker, every good team has a playmaker.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have been a Tmac doubter...but he's going to work his hardest to come back and I feel he's going to be the 22-win streak Tmac...not the Prime Tmac...but the one that was visibly limited but still able to shoot the ball well and drive.

Why do I say this? One...Tmac has NEVER been healthy all this season, remember this knee almost made him miss the first week or so of the regular season. He and the team decided to play on it.

Two...This is Tmac's career and legacy. If he doesn't come back strong his legacy will be forever stained. Not only did this team improve without him, they made it to the 2nd round without him. Tmac's excuses of "I don't have Tim Duncan" and blah blah are all null and void.

Tmac hears all this stuff about him and he knows his respect is on the line. He lost ALL of his respect this season, now he has to get it back.

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Can anyone explain to me why Tmac had a disappointment face when he chose the lakers to go the finals?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me answer this for you.

First, do not pay attention to anyone who says he'll be back next year as if it's a fact. They can't know for sure, none of us can. Some guys came back in a few months, other closer to a year. That's pretty much the range you can expect, and it's a wide range, but it's too early for the Rockets to know right now, so it's definitely too early for us fans to know or predict it.

Tmac said earlier that it would probably be until may/june before he could give another significant update, so expect something within a month. He also said if he's on schedule he'd be back around training camp/opening day. So i'd say that's the earliest and only if he has no setbacks.

He's also working out with Tim Grover, at least that's what i read, he's no Wayne Hall, Tmac's usual trainer. Grover is the best of the best. Of course tmac's work ethic and heart have to factor into this, not just Grover's training ability, but even if tmac gives the same effort as always the fact that the regimen would be better is already an improvement. I'm going to assume tmac will at least turn up the effort a few notches, so that'll be an improvement as well.

I personally believe IF his knee passes the initial rehab, that tmac will flourish if he keeps working out with Grover. Hopefully he plans on sticking with him the whole off season.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

So, your first post is a sexist piece of garbage that is as stupid as it is unfunny. Nice.

1 person likes this.
  7. jedicro

jedicro Member

I hope he plays like 22 win streak Tmac. Then he didn't try to take over and played within the offense. That was awesome. If he becomes dominate the ball fade away 3 tmac then we're screwed whether or not hes healthy.

I have to think that he'll find a way to make it work. At least hope...

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I am also of the opinion that T-Mac is serious this time. It's make it or break it for him. Not only is his legacy on the line, he has become the laughing stock of the NBA fans. He is also in his contract year.

Mac has EVERY REASON to work hard this summer, if he does not then he never will.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it looks like he dominated the ball b/c he couldn't move on the court to save his life. it's easy to be a standstill player when you can't move to save your damn life.

we all saw how he played in the 22 game winning streak. tracy didn't dominate every game, and we still won games where he struggled. b/c the TEAM was playing well.

if he can get his knee right, he should be fine. great players always find ways to adjust. the thing is can his knee get right?

10. YaoChineseProud

I bet he will neve be back on the court~

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What fans need to realize now is that it's not up to us fans. I know alot has been said about tmac and his heart, work ethic, etc, but the way the team has defended him and interacted with him on the bench lately, the drama was never really that big of an issue within them or they moved past it already. I keep thinking the fans are the only ones who think he'll actually be traded while the organization and team expect him back and to stay for a while.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is how I feel...People always trash Tmac more than he deserves here.

He does have heart and he worked his @$$ off to even GET where he is at today. This is going to be a hungry Tmac, I talked about this in a general thread...every player has their own motivations. What Tmac worked hard to get, he doesn't have that anymore.

No one considers him a top wing player anymore, not even close. When people did he started to slack off, he lost ALL of his respect this season...ALL OF IT.

He has nothing else to do but to earn it back. He has been embarrassed this season, I hardly believe a guy like him is just going to give up and say "Ah well...I had a great career." without even getting out the first round?

Nah Tmac has more heart than that, if he didn't he would have never been a scoring leader and would have never even led his team to that streak.

If his knee works out and everything...Tmac is going to come back strong...plus not only is his respect on the line...but his contract ;)

13. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Didn't know he was working with Grover. This changes my opinion a bit. He's like a miracle worker. He did wonders for Wade last season, when he was suppose to prepare for the Olympics.

It's like he injects steroids in your body and you can't get caught. ;)

14. jedicro

jedicro Member

Well at the end of the streak and really all the way into the playoffs it seemed to kinda shift to the Tracy McGrady show. Who really knows with this year. I agree he really didn't have much of an opportunity to play within the system due to the injury.

Honestly, I would love for us just to play pure inside-out basketball. The few games we had where McGrady and Artest were playing well and we had it going were awesome. With a healthy McGrady we could punish the front with far greater effieciency. I'm hoping for the guy.

15. Tuan

Tuan Member

Man these Tmac bashing threads are getting old.....

Look, like everyone else, I realize that Tmac isnt the hardest worker or most dedicated player, but he has carried this team for awhile now. Nobody complained when he led us last year to the 22 game win streak or carried the Rockets against the Jazz. I still cant believe people are still saying he faked an injury to prevent a trade. You really think someone would have MICROFRACTURE surgery to prevent a trade?

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

T-Mac should make watching recaps of this game part of his daily ritual because seeing him on the sideline looking disgusted, feeling for his team and wishing he was out there is PRECISELY the way I wish he would look more often (when healthy). If he ever plays another game in Houston I hope he has that same "look" in his eyes.

17. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Well his timing for announcing the surgery was way off. Conveniently right before the trade deadline. And the Rockets doctors were of a different opinion.

18. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Microfracture recovery time is 9-24 months. It depends mainly on the individual's own ability to heal fast or slow and on the amount of drilling they did on the knee during surgery.

19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Good thread for both T-Mac supporters and haters. We need him healthy, whether you want him on the court or as a trade asset. I have full confidence that Morey will make a good decision with his contract.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's worked with many top players, including Dream, pip, Mj, and now Wade. I dont expect him to go easier on tmac because he's seen as fragile or whatever. I expect him to work him out like he works out the best. Hopefully tmac will realize that and that'll push him to get the most out of the workouts, if he wants to be one of the best he needs to work out like them, even he should realize this.