1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Yao play if we beat the Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonnyMost, May 11, 2009.

?

Should Yao suit up if we beat the Lakers?

1. Yes; Yao should play from the WCF and onward

22.7%
  2. Yes; but Yao should only play if we make the Finals

30.8%
  3. No; The future is too important

46.5%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Didn't Pierce play with a hairline fracture in last year's playoffs?

Sometimes you can play with one, but Yao is really really large, and probably not worth the risk.

DD

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

i was thinking the same thing. If we do make it to the finals, that would give yao 3 1/2 until we hit game 3 or 4 of the NBA finals. Coming off the bench and be the offensive go to is not a bad idea. Face it, everybody will be driving to the hoop when there's no 7 footers out there.

3. ibm

ibm Member

ain't gonna happen.

plus, yao is a clumsy giant who gets shut down by every defense and makes our defense worse. why we need him to suit up in the all important wcf or the finals?

4. stangend77

stangend77 Member

ummmm.....the doctors said 8-12 weeks last i checked tht is 2-3 months.....not quite ready for the finals....come on guys :rolleyes:

5. rudan

rudan Member

Impossible, but I was thinking he could still be on the active roster and just shoot the technical fouls. Is there a rule against that?

6. Sam the Ram

Sam the Ram Member

maybe Yao could play, but it would be similar to the T-mac story with the constant nagging injuries. I don't know how effective a hampered Yao would be.

7. D.85

D.85 New Member

if we beat LA., champion is very near to us.

8. lustdog

lustdog Member

Yao's biggest problem is his mobility. A Yao with a broken foot would be like a huge brick in the middle of the paint, who cannot defend, cannot pass, cannot pull off those turn around jumpers or spin off moves. Why on earth you would want to risk Yao's future for doing nothing.

9. The Brian

The Brian Member

yao was still fairly mobile out there when he was playing in game 3.

add 3-4 weeks of recovery and i think he'd be effective on the court in short spurts.

i don't think he will play though, because the franchise wants to be cautious with him for the future.

10. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

i am really sorry for my vote!
    i misunderstood that the writter meant if YAO is healthy!

11. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Nooooo, healthy is the most important thing for YAO.

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

yaos never gonna be healthy, if you believe hes gonna make it through a season without getting injured by now your delusional, i love yao but the reality is were stuck with him now bc of the money les brings in so were always in a win now mode.....WELL if we get past the lakers i truly believe 20 min of yao is going to get us a championship, they need to get their priorities straight

I mean yeah im happy we got out of the first round, but if we have a real shot at taking it all, why not put it all on the line

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What good is Yao at 10-15mpg? He's not instant offense, having him in and flip flopping our playing style will only throw off our PGs the rest of the game.

We've already lost our backup center to a freak accident, what kind of fate are we tempting by putting a known gimped Yao out there against Nene? I know my heart stopped at least a few beats seeing Deke on the floor, fist balled in pain. And listening to his speech after game 2 was 10000x worse than Brett Favre's retirement speech.

At least here, it wouldnt be about the extra 8/8 a gimped Yao might give, or even the WCF. Its about being decent enough not to squeeze the last ounces of heart from a guy who's already put it all out there on the court so many times before. This is Houston damnit, not LA.

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Errr, am I missing something?

Didn't Yao just break his foot? The OP is making it like Yao chose to sit out the rest of the season. :confused:

15. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

He's got a fracture you idiots.

This is the same line of thinking and impatience that put McGrady out this year. He shouldn't have been playing after Yao went out last year, but some of you guys always want to push and push until something is broken beyond repair.

16. onreego

onreego Member

Definitely, lets move that 8-12 weeks to a 8-12 months return.