1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give me a BREAK!!...Odom's Off. FOUL!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, May 11, 2009.

1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

he ran into a wall, fell awkwardly and then was complaining about it?? that was a baby move on Odom.

did i mention today yet that i dislike the lakers and i think we can take them in 6? :eek:

:D

2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

The source is r****ded. The guy clearly does not know what he is talking about.

Battier's first instinct, when he sees a guy charging in the lane, is to try and establish position to draw a charge.

PLUS Battier didn't get mad when Kobe elbowed and knee'd him in the face, nor did he get mad when Kobe taunted him.

So why would Battier all of a sudden want to undercut someone who isn't even performing well, in Odom?

The guy who wrote the article needs to get off the Lakers' nuts.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

what a TOOL. Yeah, If that's reckless then how about Fish's elbow?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When you don't give a player who's about to go airborne an option to avoid a collision, that's a particularly dangerous basketball play. For the same reasons its dangerous to undercut a player already in the air. Or do you think that should be allowed too, because its "simply playing sports"?

I'm not trying to bash Battier. He made the play that the NBA rules allow him to make in that situation. It's just one of those corner cases that's hard to officiate appropriately and can result in dangerous situations on the floor.

5. SeeingRocketRed

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

is shane reckless for planting his feet before lamar went airborne?

or is lamar reckless for knowing that shane had already been set before he was airborne but still decided to go up as hish as he can then twist and turn thus landing akwardly?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shane is reckless for playing hard and not allowing the Lakers to win the game. These guys are morons so please reflect that on the comments.

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Quoted for the truth. Nothing else to see here.

9. caphorns

caphorns Member

The right call was made as Odom didn't have a clear lane in which to perform his reckless acrobatics.

10. vlaurelio

11. kwng

kwng Member

I think Odom chose to fall on his back in an attempt to avoid offensive foul.
    He could have bump straight to Battier and fall forward.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

People here honestly wouldn't be complaining if Derek Fisher stepped in and took out one of our players without giving them even a chance to avoid it?

13. kwng

kwng Member

14. vlaurelio

that play is common.. defender gets set right before the offensive player takes off.. problem here is offensive player still goes for the dunk then to avoid being called for the offensive foul, turns around which cased him to land on his back akwardly..

15. SeeingRocketRed

Ha. So I'm listening to the audio in that link I just posted, and the guy's friend buries him. It starts at 30:30 mark in the audio on http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/05/11/roundcast-is-shane-battier-reckless/ Ha.

Brett Pollakoff tries to compare Treva Ariza's dirty play to Battier. He is complaining that Battier took the charge even though he knew Odom was going to jump and go for the dunk or layup. Hahahahaha. This is why you take a charge! His friend says "Battier stood there, didn't move club, or anything. If Lamar Odom for whatever reason went through his space cadet head, doesn't rotate after the contact, then he goes forward, he catches himself with his hands, he lands and he's fine. There's nothing Rudy Fernandez could had done. Trevor Ariza went up and clubbed Fernandez in the back of the head." Right after that his friend says "Battier is getting hit in the mid-section by a moving Lamar Odom."

Funny funny. Lakers fans only see things their way. Poor, 'tarded things believed their own hype.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

durvasa, if drawing charges is really that dangerous, then they should make it illegal. Like many people have already pointed out, playing the game itself has lots of risks. If that's a legal play, there should not be any complaint about danger.

They already use the semicircle thing to avoid injuries. I personally think that it is a bad thing. Going up for a dunk in traffic is dangerous. If you don't want to get hurt, don't do it.

17. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Frankly, Odom just over committed and lost control of himself after contact. If Fisher drew that foul on someone, there would be talk of it being dirty because he is dirty. Other then the occasional flop, while trying to draw charges, Shane is one of the cleanest defensive players in the league.

18. Super Von

Super Von Member

Yeah. And Im sure Fisher and Kobe's elbows were not dangerous plays.

19. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

The best way to avoid that would be for Odom to know that when a man is in front of you with his feet set outside the the restricted area it's going to be a charge. What is Shane to do. "Give him and option to avoid it."

Odom: Oh yes, yes, yes, I think i'm going to get on sportscenter.........oh, oh, oh no here comes that Battier guy(You know the one who is known for being the best at drawing charges in the NBA.)

KABOOM

Shane: Another one bites the dust.

Odom: Hey man, where was my option. You didn't give me sufficient space to avoid your good defense. Damn my back hurts.

Shane: Good defense doesn't give the option for the opponet to score. My feet were set and I was outside the restricted area. Go tweet about it. Crybaby.

Shane: Now watch me go drain this 3 in Kobes face.

2 people like this.
  20. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

(Did anyone else see Scola put his hand on Odom's midsection in midair and push him down even harder? :D )