1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just admit it already....we NEED a HEALTHY McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JSUB11, May 9, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUOTED .. .for TRUTH!

Rocket River

2. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

Wow, you are so insightful. Maybe we should just make a run for lebron james.

Everyone you named is unrealistic. Vince carter is the closest thing..

3. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I don't think the OP knows what the word "decline" means.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

"T-Mac the ball stopper" won 2 games against the Jazz last season. Add yao and artest to that team and we would have won in 5 games.

If you think Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Parker etc. are ball stoppers, then yes T-Mac is a ball stopper.

T-Mac is the only one that can consistently hit a contested jumper on this team other than Yao. The rest of the players need space and need to be wide open. Could you guys imagine a McGrady/Scola pick and roll? It would be deadly because Scola can hit the mid-range shot. Scola would be wide open EVERY PLAY!

5. KareemOlajuwon

lol @ you not knowing BG is a FA this offsesason.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

I expected this thread to go the way it has gone.

But the ultimate truth is the OP makes an extremely valid point and supports it well.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ya I totally agree. But what mostly hurts us is that on offense we cant have Ron just dribble down the shotclock and try to do something. We need to keep moving the ball and try to get a better shot. But I couldnt agree more that we need a healthy T-Mac if we want to win a title. And hes already fired up so look out next year.

9. jteg25

jteg25 Member

you cut me deep with this one :(

10. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

If we had accepted Pistons offer, we would eat Fakers alive.

11. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That has been a well known fact. We weren't expected to win. Unfortunately a lot of fans have been in denial.I'm not implying that having a healthy McGrady would have guaranteed a win but it could have made things more difficult for the Lakers.

#132 saleem, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  13. Seth

Seth Member

I cannot believe you man, with him the rox won´t be here to start with.
    Forget the flow on the offense, forget Scola and Wafer being a factor.-

What we need is someon who is not a 20 million hole on your roster, arguably, any player payed half what TMac is paid would have make more difference.

And if you want to talk about healthy, give me a healthy wade, a healthy ginobili, those are the guys needed to cover the hole, not T-Mac.

T-Mac fans make me want to puke, the guy have give you nothing, nothing at all, and you keep trying to hype the guy, call me when he make the 2nd round.

14. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Anybody who actually thinks this trade ever materialized is a fool. It was a pipe dream. Morey would've accepted that trade in a heart beat if it were true.

15. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

If we accepted the Pistons offer who is to say we would have the team we have now. I don't know why guys believe everything they read on the internet.

16. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

I'm not asking for vintage McGrady. Read my OP. I want that McGrady we saw in the j*zz series last season....I don't think that's too much to ask for if he's motivated. He was playing on one leg in that series anyways.

Remember this? It's what we need:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRNBGXC1Ut4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRNBGXC1Ut4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Danny Granger is a bit of a stretch. The Pacers would not give up their franchise player.
    Joe Johnson is also a stretch, I can't see the Hawks parting with him.
    Caron Butler or Ben Gordon is a possibility. Especially Caron because if the Wizards get Blake Griffin, Jamison or Butler could be traded. Maybe even Arenas? LOL :D

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If McGrady were healthy and playing we would have lost in the first round.

19. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Damn! We could really use some of that during this series. I agree, Tmac was only playing on one leg, he was taking pain killers the during second half of the season, even during the 22 win streak. Say what you want, but we need this guy or a guy who can be just like him. I say wait to see if Tmac can become the player he was in the Jazz series, if not, goodbye Tmac.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i didn't know rafer and luther were still rotation players, and chuck hayes still gets 20-25 mins a game :rolleyes: