1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Awful Flagrant 2 on Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iconoclastic, May 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jtran

jtran Contributing Member

#FREERONARTEST

2. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

The league is just so ****in soft these days i mean its like okay so kobe throws an elbow and he gets a flagrant 1 and gasol flops and artest gets ejected? WTF

3. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, the fact that they actually reviewed it and still sustained the bs call is more stunning than the call itself.

adelman said in the press conf. that the explanation he was given was ron hit pau in the head. my goodness...

this should be downgraded to a regular personal. but knowing the league, they most likely will give him a flagrant 1.

4. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

who do the cramp does the l.a. lakers think they r messing with cause last time i checked ron artest will kick ur butt. the r just a piece of....................... i mean they have the biggest FAKER on their team. all he is is a a show off that tries to impress MEN.

5. Mr. Space City

there's that double standard again :rolleyes:

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

If they are going to treat him like this anyway when hes actually changed his act, he may aswell just go out and punch Kobe so he at least he gets ejected for something that is actually worthy of it.

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

So.. if Ron gets a flagrant 2 foul in this game and he did get some ball contact.. Why hasn't Rondo received one flagrant foul through the entire play offs? You're telling me that because Rondo is smaller than Miller that justifies the contact that left Miller bleeding leads to nothing?

Nba, where Conspiracy's happen.

They really want it to be Lakers VS Cavs, I swear.

8. Cbox

Cbox Member

If this gets cleared and Ron is not suspended for Game 4, will the NBA look at what's going on with the ref's poor calls during the playoffs?

9. ringin08

ringin08 Member

If the NBA lets this series continue to be called like this and we lose, I might seriously boycott the rest of the playoffs. My time is valuable and I won't let them disrespect me like this for entertainment.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

This is pretty important- two ejections = suspension for a game am i right? They better rescind it or at least not suspend Ron. Effing refs basing it on his past... :mad:

11. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

This league is getting stupid. im starting to loose interest in it with all these dumb calls.

12. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Now that the Fakers has regained HCA, I don't think Ron would be suspended. But to play safe, they might suspend him to make sure Rox is down by 1-3. :mad:

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

ref nazi's are out of control.......flagrant fouls are now judge on how hard a guy falls/lands rather than the actual foul, ron actually got a lot of ball, if gasol landed better, it would've been nothing

freaking rondo basically slaps/scratches brad miller's face and it's a personal, then ron artest, it really wasnt even that hard a foul........gets flagrant 2.......gimme a break

14. LD2k

LD2k Member

Yeah I started that thread over there.

I'm sure emotions are high over on these forums but I want to say two things:

1. That is such a B.S. flagrant 2.
    2. I hope Yao is healthy, I respect him absolutely not wanting to come out of the game - he is a classy, warrior.

Night fellas, see you Sunday.

15. cujo

cujo Member

How about Battier getting his head bloodied when Vucochick came down hard on him in game 1???

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

i can gurantee they'll reduce the flagrant 2 foul and almost certain it'll just be a regular foul. I have to say though the officiating tonight was decent for the most part. We just lost the game. No ball movement, no making shots, and loads of turnovers killed us in the second half.

17. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

I watched it about 20 times on the DVR. Ron got all ball then slipped off and hit Gasol's arm. Gasol hits himself in the head with his own arm after Ron hits the arm. Gasol tumbles to ground and make a pathetic face. After the game he keeps saying "He hit my head". lame

With his 2 flagrant point from game 2, and if this holds up... He will be suspended on points, if not just this. Even if they drop it to flagrant 1 (which will still be bs in my opinion) he will have 3 points. You know that will effect his play, knowing that he has to worry about any little thing that if someone might flop they'll give him a flagrant 1 and suspend him. It's very disappointing. How can you screw that up even after seeing the video?

18. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Even the Laker fans are saying it's a bad call.

No suspension.

19. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

I'm actually a little worried about Shane getting suspended.

He grabbed Gasol's ass on that play. :)

20. StevieCrossover

seriously, Artest should get suspended! did you see how powerful that block was? Well nothing you can do now. except whoop up the lakers if we lose the series. Show them how dirty rockest can play