1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] League looking at Kobe/Artest incident

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DcProWLer277, May 7, 2009.

1. Stewy

Stewy Member

No.

That's a guy taking a few blurry, still framed pictures and drawing a conclusion that fits his agenda. That doesn't solve anything. His argument might be a little more convincing if he didn't try to turn the situation around and somehow try to suggest that Artest was the guilty party for what, in moving video, was very clearly Kobe squating in attempt to get better position.

What I'd like to see is slow motion video from a couple of different angles and draw a conclusion from that. TNT didn't provide anythign worthwile and nothing I've been able to find on the 'net is definitive either way.

It's moot though, the NBA won't suspend Kobe. We should take the Fisher suspension and consider ourselves lucky the NBA actually acknowledged that.

2. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

It really pisses me off after watching this agine. How did the refs miss this? The right call should've been a flagerent 1 on Kobe. The situation would've been under control had they made the right call, and the Rox would've got at least 2 points out of 3 free throws. Would've been a total different ball game. **** the refs :mad:

3. LD2k

LD2k Member

Because I'm respectfully arguing the "should Kobe be suspended" debate among Rockets fans? I'm not here to entice people to argue other than discuss the matter I choose too.

I run a Lakers website affiliated with the radio station out here in LA, I know how forums run.

If you agreeing with thousands of Rockets fans on every topic is your cup of tea. Get off here. I will respectfully discuss this issue.

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

i think he got hit in the upper chest first then the elbow slid to his throat. dont see why ron would lie about that. tho it will be clearer with another angle.

5. Mailman

Mailman Member

Chris Sheridan's opinion based on a replay nobody has seen = PROOF?

It's one thing to be a troll, but it's something else to be so transparently dumb about it.

6. snowmike

snowmike Member

They will not suspend Kobe for sure!

If the case is the other way around, if Artest is the one elbowed kobe, he will be get suspended for sure!

Artest's life in NBA is not fair.

7. LD2k

LD2k Member

That is a great point. I don't know how the refs missed it either (chest as proven through ESPN or as you guys claim, the throat). Should've been seen.

8. ikfit

ikfit Member

Look at Kobe's face when Ron went to him. It makes me sick up like to see a snake.

Before I sort of like this guy but now I hate this fu k trash.

9. LD2k

LD2k Member

He saw a reverse ANGLE. How am I being "transparently dumb"... Once again, read this:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-40-31/The-Kobe-Bryant-Suspension-Watch.html

Come on man.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

11. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

The worst thing was we were only down by 9 and they threw Ron out of the game for really doing nothing. It was Kobe who made that dirty play.

Btw, do you remember guys? Couple of seasons ago when Miami played in Atlanta, refs called a foul (6th) on Shaq and he sat the final few minutes. Miami lost a pretty close game but after reviewing it NBA decided to play again those few minutes with Shaq on the court.

Do you think they can do it again? I mean, with Artest in the lineup our chances would have been better but I still doubt we would have won.

13. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

anyone trying to prove this either way with still image is delusional.

14. Mailman

Mailman Member

Then one of us lacks basic reading comprehension skills because nothing Sheridan wrote indicates that Mr. Insider saw some super-duper conclusive replay that the rest of us rubes didn't get to watch.

Here's the truth, for the umpteenth time: I have the game on dvr. I have watched that play AS IT UNFOLDED, IN SLOW MOTION. It is clear as glass that Kobe's elbow was above Ron's shoulder when he delivered it, and it appears to strike Ron right under the chin (just as ESPN analyst Tim Legler said). Artest then immediately stumbles backward and grabs his neck.

Ron didn't grab his neck because Kobe hit him in the chest. He grabbed his neck because he got elbowed there and was pissed about it.

15. LD2k

LD2k Member

I've added much more proof. And "homeboy," it's ok for you to claim Kobe should 100% get suspended but I can't respectfully argue that?

16. Cbox

Cbox Member

[​IMG]

No way that is just above the R! If you look under Ron's chin the whole play and use the two white people wearing white shirts in the audience in the first row as contrast, you can see Kobe's arm appear to be more than "just above the R".

17. LD2k

LD2k Member

And as I said, you can see what you want but until we ALL see a reverse angle... we can only go with what is released. It's subjective, I don't see the same thing as you. However, the league and ESPN are looking at unreleased angles and ESPN reports on what Sheridan saw.

18. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Combined with the incident involving Battier in Game 1 and now the elbow to Ron, Kobe should be getting close to an 'accumulation of points' suspension, shouldn't he?

I'm not sure what the ruling on the Battier play was, but isn't there like a rule where if you accrue so many incidents in a period of time the NBA can suspend you? I thought so.

19. LD2k

LD2k Member

ESPN’s Chris Sheridan has seen the reverse-angle footage that doesn’t seem to be online, and writes: On the Bryant-Artest play, the two were battling for rebounding position when Bryant struck Artest with his elbow. Artest immediately began gesturing and arguing that he had been elbowed in the neck, but replays appeared to show Bryant’s elbow striking Artest on his upper chest, just above the “R” on Artest’s Rockets jersey.

20. farmer_jays

farmer_jays Member

In Game 3:

Yao 'accidentaly' elbows Kobe in the face, Yao claims that his elbows are higher than everybody else's shoulders, Yao gets ejected for being tall.