1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] League looking at Kobe/Artest incident

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DcProWLer277, May 7, 2009.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Assessed a flagrant 1 foul on Kobe after the game is over?
    What bunch of idiots NBA has. What kind of punishment is that, and how is it fair to the Rockets. We could have Ron on the court and shoot FT and ball. :(

Also if they assess it that way, what does it say about the refs in that game? Are they also trying to vindicate Ron's behavior.

Clueless.

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

i really didn't want to stoop to your level.. but hell, you are GAY!

3. LD2k

LD2k Member

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly. I expect Kobe to get away with it completely.It will probably be considered unintentional or not dangerous enough to warrant a suspension.

5. kanariya

kanariya Member

Suspension or not.
    Elbow on the throat or not.

Kobe gave Ron an elbow. Ron took an intentional elbow from Kobe and he was called for a foul??
    All was initiated by that call. If the officials didn't make the bull**** call, Ron won't make such a big deal out of it.

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

"but replays appeared to show Bryant's elbow striking Artest on his upper chest, just above the "R" on Artest's Rockets jersey"

NO!! replay show Bryant's elbow striking Artest on his throat, the body part just above the shoulder

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

What a bunch of BS, we saw that Kobe used his knee and elbow against Battier, he didn't react AT ALL & Kobe got nothing. HE did it against Artest and he reacted, and again Kobe got off with nothing. Artests reaction was nothing, he simply ran upto Kobe and screamed in his face....boohooo. To think Artests reaction had anything to do with Kobe not getting suspended is silly. It's Kobe Bryant, the # 1 jersey selling player in the league, they need him to be clean, they don;t want to attach a thug/dirty rep on him......simple marketing.

8. Cbox

Cbox Member

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I dont want Kobe suspended. He will come out on fire with something to prove in game 4. Let him stay in, we already proved we can beat them once, we can do it again.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said this in the other thread but if the league is serious about enforcing the rules they should be looking at Bryant's shots on Battier from game 1. I didn't get to see the shot on Artest from game 2 live but looking at its obvious that Bryant wound up and took a shot. That was bad but I think the shots he gave Battier are worse.

11. kryten128

kryten128 Member

If Ron says he got hit on his neck, he got hit on his ****ing neck.

A guy like Ron Artest would not be a little p***y and cries foul like those little damn floppers with every little nudge.

He got hit on the ****ing neck. Have you ever seen Ron flop or b**** about a little nudge in his entire playing career?

12. moo

moo Member

Didn't Ron say in the locker room that his throat was still sore? If the league was serious about this maybe they can go give Ron a medical on the throat and look for evidence.

Personally I believe Ron on this man. He's a hard man and if he says if hurts, it must really hurt pretty badly. The *****er Kobe's just flat out dirty!

13. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

Yes, the Battier elbow and knee strike from Kobe in game 1 SHOULD enter into the conversation, IMO. There's a pattern forming. :mad:

14. dunk11

dunk11 Member

Agree, 100%, Totally agree

15. LD2k

LD2k Member

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2009/05/07/rocket-fans-evidence-artest-was-hit-in-chest-not-throat/

I think we can end it here:

16. Super Von

Super Von Member

If Ron didnt blow up and make a big deal about it, nobody would be talking about Kobe's elbow.

Thats the truth.

17. Super Von

Super Von Member

18. Mailman

Mailman Member

He's FOS. Again, I've watched the live replay numerous times and it's indisputable that Kobe elbowed Artest in the throat right as Yao's shot jumped up off the rim. This douche is just making it up on the basis of a replay NOBODY has seen.

Please point us to the replay that showed the front of Ron's jersey at the moment Kobe threw his elbow.

Ferchrissakes, ask Tim Legler. He said it was dirty and that Kobe hit Ron in the Adam's apple.

19. LD2k

LD2k Member

Super Von - Artest was all over him. I believe, in my opinion, most likely, Kobe was trying to get him off. It was more than just a "flung elbow."

And Ron saying he got hit in the throat has been proven FALSE.

By ESPN as well:

Fact - Elbow was thrown (no one is denying this -- the degree is subjective)
    Fact - Artest did NOT get hit in throat according to Sheridan (who saw the reverse angle that has NOT been release. SC will probably have tonight, I'll make sure to get it.

20. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Dude, go troll somewhere else. Can someone ban this clown already?