1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers fans reaction to Fisher-Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, May 7, 2009.

1. LD2k

LD2k Member

My take:

Fisher was sending a message BEYOND game 2. He was sending a message for games 3 & 4. Fisher took a very hard foul - and IF he does get suspended, I can understand why. That was a hard foul, but like Scola said himself, it's playoff ball, it happens.

Fisher throughout his career has never done anything that could really be considered dirty, so one way or the other, don't look at this as typical.

As for the Kobe elbow, Kobe never connected to throat: http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...9_84087846652_502396652_2237438_2463615_n.jpg

2. JChing

JChing Member

i also wonder if odom, vujabitch, walton could understand a word that scola says, esp. in a loud arena. the ***** i can't even understand him when he's doing an quiet interview.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i have tried to find this video for so long and never seem to be able to even locate an article about it on google, does anyone have a clip because i can barely remember it happening

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wrong frame. This is the original Artest arm-on-the-shoulder foul that was called. Kobe's elbow came afterward, and he brought his arm forward and cocked it before delivering it. I'm not saying he definitely hit Ron-Ron in the throat, but the above pic proves nothing at all.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah Kobe didn't even throw an elbow....

at the moment that picture was taken. I give credit though, that's a noble try. Post a picture before the elbow took place that shows his arm up against the guy's chest and say "see! No elbow to the throat!"

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you sound like you're trying to be somewhat objective. that's cool.

But you can't present a still image as proof. You need stills all the way through the play. Clearly the elbow could have occurred before or after this moment in time (and did)

7. justtxyank

He's not really trying to be objective. He's presenting his justification in a way that makes it sound like he's trying to be objective.

The foul on Scola was just playoff basketball? Really? How many times has it happened thus far in the playoffs? Oh that's right...

8. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Message received: Fisher took advantage of another player's vulnerability and threw a cheap shot which could have seriously hurt him. Got it, thanks.

9. LD2k

LD2k Member

Yup ccda - maybe there are Lakers fans who agree with you - GASP!

lol.

Fisher's actions were a message to the Rockets. With intent imo.

10. LD2k

LD2k Member

Maybe you didn't see Deron Williams "cheapshot" - as you'd say - when he barreled through Bynum. Yet there was no flagrant/ejection called. Shall I post the clip? Same type of play, exactly.

11. justtxyank

Post the clip.

However, despite what Fish may say, he wasn't trying to go through a screen.

12. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

It seems that the statements you are making on this board seem to be made out of . . . how should I say . . . biased rationality? I think the problem that I have with your posts so far about the Fisher foul is that your position seems to be that you would be okay and understand Fisher being suspended, and not that you would (I won't say demand) but at least expect/approve of it from a league who should punish for such a cheap and potentially dangerous foul.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Wow, Lamar is known to be a talker, Scola is not. Sure, he plays an annoying style of basketball to his opponents, but come on. I'm all about someone puttin' someone in their place if they are mouthing off, but it *seemed* pretty clear Scola was not the instigator. I like to think I'm not wearing Rocket-tinted glasses when I say this.

I think that play was completely uncalled for. Then again, I thought the two elbows Kobe has thrown so far, which it's pretty well documented on youtube about his elbow throwing, were uncalled for as well.

As a ball player, I bow down to Kobe. One of the greatest I've seen play. As a personality on the court, he seems like a big punk. He knows he can get away with the crap and knows that the league will protect him and that there is no consequence to his actions. I figured Artest would get tossed, so i was hoping he'd deck Kobe and see if he is still cocky. But that's just me being silly, haha. I do dislike how Kobe gets a pass most of the time though.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Fisher has a hard ass head, he seemed to not even feel the cut

15. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

FLOPPERS! what nerve for two measley bench players (odom, walton) to come up to scola and talk **** to him. he's been busting their ass and they only knew how to do one thing, act tough. i mean come on, it's l.a. for crying out loud. nothing but cry babies and wanna be superstars out there. and these guys SUCK! yay scola :p

16. houskets

houskets Member

why do you want to defend fisher by bringing up something that happened in a jazz game? everyone knows the jazz are dirty, and now everyone knows the lakers are almost as bad.

17. LD2k

LD2k Member

Here you go.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1i6sa4

4mb - play with qt or vlc player.

Same sort of play, same intent.

Fisher's hit was much harder - again, I'm not blind. But there was nothing on this - Deron picked up a T after that play when he started talking with Kobe.

18. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Of course a lot of Lakers fans are backing up Fisher's actions, for the same reasons many Houston fans on this board are praising Rafer's head slap.

19. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Wow, the Faker fans are proud of D-Fish, what a shocker.

It's not like we wouldn't be singing Brent Barry's praises if he laid Vujacic out. Let's be objective here... Scola's irritating to everyone who isn't a Rockets fan.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

what do u expect from bandwagon fans? when the lakers werent doing well few years ago, those 'fans' were no where to be found. but now they think they all high and mighty like the lakers :rolleyes: