1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to the Fakers and their fans............You're still soft.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, May 7, 2009.

1. LD2k

LD2k Member

While he was getting up - yeah Kobe gave him two hits getting up... But it's playoff ball. :rolleyes:

Kobe can't get away with disrespecting players like Battier and Artest. They're two of the best defenders in the L.

And you want to ban me because I'm respectfully posting my opinion? If that warrants a suspensions...

Also, I don't think Artest did a cutthroat action. I was just making the typical point that people blow things out of proportion.

PLAYOFF BASKETBALL on both sides. One thing is for sure, everything the Lakers lacked in game 1 was intensified in game 2. Game 3 should be interesting.

2. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I'm sure the guys who caught Kobe's elbows in the nose don't think it is BS. He did it multiple times that year. Did he magically change his shooting motion so the elbows don't fly into people's noses anymore? If you are arguing intent, did he suddenly change his intent on his follow through? His intent was to catch someone so they would back off on their defense. His intent last night with Ron is the same thing. Either way, it's dirty.

Yes Ron has a checkered past. That is what got him ejected last night. It wasn't a cut throat motion, it was a "stay away from my neck" motion. He started it right after the foul.

3. rocketghost

rocketghost Member

And what about Kobe's actions in game 1, fakerfan? Lemme guess, Kobe naturally throws elbows and knees while getting up from the floor and it wasn't intentional at all.?

4. Serg300

Serg300 Member

I thought it was hilarious for TNT to show the Fisher interview about being tough, right after his cheap shot to Scola. It was like the had this set up.
    Since when did Fisher become a tough guy…much less the Faker team.
    They are a bunch of goody-two shoes with "tats"…..Farmar, Walton, Bryant, Fisher, Vuyabitch, Gasol :rolleyes:

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ok, well, I don't think it is respectful to pretend like this image that he keeps posting in every post was the elbow shot that Kobe threw at Ron. Seriously, there is no way that picture is the real moment he made contact. He is basically calling Ron a liar. Do Laker fans really think Artest made it up? The elbow was near his neck or Artest would not have reacted that way. He thought it was malicious and he was going to let Kobe know that it wasn't going to be tolerated. If you think Artest just thought that up then you know nothing about the history of Ron Artest. He can not think clearly when someone disrespects him. So I will agree that he may not need banning. But his opinion is just flat out wrong. I don't think Kobe will get a suspension or even deserves one but it did happen. To come on this board and post that ridiculous image as evidence angers me.

6. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Agree they did much better in game 2. But what was promising for me was the fact that we constantly whethered the fakers' best shot and kept coming. Kobe had to be on fire this game for ya'll to win. Our pitbulls will wear ya'll out more and more as the series goes on.

7. LD2k

LD2k Member

I agree, Rockets are proving to be SOLID on all cylinders. I really enjoy their team and WOW, Yao has really been impressive (despite being in foul trouble), he was awesome in game one and I'm very happy his knee injury wasn't serious (as I held my breath). I'm friends with Drew (Bynum) and I know how much hell his rehab was for him.

8. LD2k

LD2k Member

Ok, now maybe you can see what I was saying all along here:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2009/5/7/867885/ron-artest-kobe-bryant-and-wayward

HIT HIS CHEST.

9. doEmDirtyLandry

"What nobody is talking about is the elbow Artest gave to Kobe's neck?"

Give me a break. Watch it in real time and tell me where the elbow ends up? in his throat. Even one guy at BSPN is saying it was in the chest. What is that all about. SHOW THE VIDEO PROOF.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First of all, Thanks for coming in here and discussing this. It's not always easy to go on a hostile board and keep respectful.

I would just as soon ban people who feel like banning you. I disagree with you about Kobe's elbow. I think he clearly wanted to connect with an elbow on Artest, and thought he could sneak it in.

I don't know that he was aiming for the throat or face or any place in particular. I think he just felt like he should throw the bow. I believe it was a dirty play.

If this was the first sign of trouble that night I don't think Ron would have gotten tossed. But the refs needed to keep control of the game, and given the previous incidents it makes sense that they would throw Artest out.

The problem I have is that Scola really didn't do anything. Sasha started it early on, and then Odom started the trash talking. Scola responded by jawing with Odom. WAlton then jumped in, and Scola was seen asking him "What?" Scola didn't even know why Walton was getting into it.

Then Fisher gave that cheap unprovoked attack on Scola.

This all comes after Kobe acted like a baby in game 1 when Battier stripped him of the ball. That was when Kobe couldn't handle it and threw the knee and elbow at Battier. Luckily the Rockets class outshone Kobe's then.

Anyway, I respect you for discussing this in a sometimes hostile environment.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

here's what's going on with Kobe, he's clearly frustrated. Battier doesn't say 2 words to him but Kobe stares him down, mouths "he can't guard me" to collins, and later taunts him and gets a technical. He doesn't get this riled up by normal defense. The fact of the matter is that the rockets are flustering the **** out of him and he's lashing out like a little boy. He's an unbelievable player which is why he can still drop 40, but this is by no means easy.

12. LD2k

LD2k Member

Agree on the Scola thing, I was VERY surprised Fisher hit him that hard. That, like I said, warrants a suspension imo - but people still call me a homer and biased.

I also said Artest should've NEVER been tossed. As for the elbow, the reverse footage will end it - will they release it on ESPN? Since Sheridan broke it on TrueHoops, I say yes on sportscenter.

13. LD2k

LD2k Member

Here is why I see what you're saying but disagree with the refs.

The refs have shown ZERO consistency. That level of intensity was equal - maybe not more but possibly more - than the Boston Bulls intensity when things got rough. Yet, there are quick ejections, tech's and now suspensions. It just upsets me because the league shows zero consistency. It's hard to watch Rondo get away with murder and then all this occurs (on both sides LAL & HOU).

14. showtimeredux

showtimeredux Member

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

16. yorkyufan

yorkyufan Member

That picture was not taken at the right moment and right angle.

17. absent2007

absent2007 Member

BS, that's all...

Go back and see it again, not intensionaly...Are u blind, or you're just a KOFer?

18. absent2007

absent2007 Member

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

lol at everyone giving a Laker fan negative rep for bringing in fairly objective commentary.

believe me, there are far worse Laker fans to argue with.

i'm glad we have the enemy on our side.

I repeat the entire LA market never saw this series coming, and now they are actually excited for a physical series as opposed to a cakewalk to the NBA Finals...

isn't this the equivalent of DD registered on almost EVERY single forum of our main rivals?

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is the only frame I need to see:

[​IMG]