1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA and their Laker bias.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Super Von, May 7, 2009.

1. Super Von

Super Von Member

Im so tired of it. Its so obvious, it sickens me.

Kobe throws elbows and knees Shane in the face. Nothing.

He throws an elbow at Ron's neck. Foul on Ron.

(NBA rules dictate any punch thrown, or elbow that connects above the shoulder is automatic ejection.)

I guess they have different rules for Kobe tho. Its nothing new, we have been seeing it for years.

If Artest throws an elbow like that at Kobe, what happens? I think we all know the answer to that one. Its such garbage. If any other player did what Kobe did he wouldve been ejected and possibly suspended. At least a technical? Nope. When its a guy in yellow, call a foul on the other guy.

Fisher wont get suspended either.

Im just so tired of this whole NBA/Lakers crap. I wish they would at least try to not make it so obvious.

I wish more guys in the national media would talk about this. Instead theyre going to talk about how Ron Artest is a thug and how he went crazy on darling Kobe.

I mean we all heard Doug Collins call Derek Fisher "tough" for that ridiculous cheap shot. Its pathetic and it makes me want to vomit.

David Stern should be ashamed of himself.

To hell with the Lakers and the NBA. The people who arent blinded by purple and gold are able to see how dirty they are.

I have never felt so disrespected in a series before. The Rockets need to come out physical and rough these punk b*tches up.

Kobe is not only a punk but also a dirty player. I think we can all see that now.

2. superweapon-yao

where amazing happen...

3. Super Von

Super Von Member

According to the NBA this is Kobe "just trying to get up"

[​IMG]

Give me a freaking break. When do they actually call anything on this guy?

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

You're beating a dead horse man. This has been going on for ages.

You get used to it, unfortunately.

5. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

The dude got away with raping the room service girl and you're upset that he doesn't get called for playing dirty basketball?

6. Super Von

Super Von Member

He didnt rape anyone, that girl had 8 different traces of semen on her panties. LOL.

Whether he raped or not, we dont know.

But Im tired of him getting away with rape on the basketball court. The only reason he's as good as he is, is because the NBA lets him do whatever he wants.

7. superweapon-yao

8. Super Von

Super Von Member

And I keep hearing that "Ron is mental, Ron is crazy, Ron is stupid, Ron is out of control"

All I have to say is if someone elbows me in the throat, its going down. Doesnt matter.

Especially after the guy has been throwing elbows before and after the refs blew him off.

I think he reacted like any guy would have.

9. LD2k

LD2k Member

10. Super Von

Super Von Member

11. killakim

killakim Member

That is before the elbow, and it's also from the wrong angle. If you watched last nights massacre on TNT, you would have seen the many replays showing the elbow go straight to Artest's neck.

You can't just play some obscure angle and say, oh it doesn't look bad from this angle. No Foul.

Anyone have a replay from the game? The angle they showed right after the incident?

12. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

13. LD2k

LD2k Member

I'd love to see a baseline angle of it.

It's all I have, unfortunately, from TNT's broadcast.

14. Super Von

Super Von Member

[​IMG]

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Congrats on joining a Rockets fan msgboard just to spread a still-shot that shows the direct opposite of what the video does.

Does that make you sleep better at night? Knowing that you did all you could to get your message out to Rockets fans that Kobe ISN'T a little b****? There's no penalty on the internet for being dumb, ignorant, and wrong, but I'm pretty sure at some that has got to adversely affect your outcomes in life. But you tell me. After all, that's the reason you made an account here right?

16. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

He loaded up for that elbow.

You can't tell me he's "positioning" himself. LOL

Not gonna lie, I got REALLY excited when I saw Scola get in Odom and Walton's faces.

Not going to back down!

17. LD2k

LD2k Member

Actually I enjoy talking with Rocket Fans. I've done a LOT of video work with/around the Lakers so I naturally enjoy listening and debating. I don't think I'm ranting senseless stuff - hell there is enough of that on Lakers forums anyways.

As for this angle:
    http://www.uploadho.com/files/1241680203.gif

I just see Kobe turning body to go for a rebound. I think this elbow is blown WAY out of proportion. That's it.

18. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

I've got a still shot, too.

[​IMG]

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Homer. Yet, if Kobe jumps into Yao, Lakers fans are crying foul. If Yao were to elbow Kobe in the chest, you would be crying bloody murder on Yao.

20. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

It is so clear that he loaded up his elbow and then swung. THAT IS IT!