1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tech/Ejection on Ron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Hi SB Yang,
    Your name says it all about who you are.
    SB means stupid azz in Chinese.
    傻逼!!

2. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

that was bs, and if ron get suspended , im be freakin piss :mad:

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

There's also a reason Shaq left LA.. Shaq is a down-to-earth guy, and no one of that type could take being around Kobe for too long.. even if he was helping you win championships.

I, for one, don't think I could stand being around Kobe the person for much longer than a couple of hours.. he seems like a real douche of a human.

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Ron won't be suspended.. if he is.. I say everyone with Game 3 tickets shouldn't show up. Boycott NBA.

5. IVAN.D.TERRIBLE

Throat slitting gesture? What? Were we watching the same game? Ron was just trying to tell the ref what happened

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

This is exactly what should happen (or at least give him a Flagrant-1). It won't change the outcome of the game, and Kobe won't be suspended for Game 3, but he'll have to take it down a notch or risk a quick hook.

7. Rejane

Rejane Member

Good call.

8. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

9. fishguy

fishguy Member

I am disppoint about the Atest's reaction. I know Atest is Atest, but does Atest think about what he can get by doing that? It can only make Kobe win the game more easer! Isnt it? If it is not for the game, you Atest can kill Kobe. But it is for a game, everthing the player do is to win the game, look what scola done, he is the winner for himself, for the game and for our team. Ok, Atest is Atest, but it must be changed for the game, if not, our enamy will use it soon, let's see it.

10. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Actually they ejected Ron for running towards Kobe to talk to him. It should have been a tech thats it. But if the refs would have made the right call and call foul on Kobe

11. duteman

duteman Member

you suck

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity, does Clutch and Crew reserve the right to ban posters that appear to be fans of other teams or at least non-Rockets fans? If so, this guy should be gone. I know it's subjective, but the "throat slitting" comment is such a troll thing to say that it seems pretty obvious this guy ain't no Rockets fan.

13. dp_ning

dp_ning New Member

dirty laker + ****ing Ref = tonight's loss

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

first off, learn to spell his name right, ARTEST.

15. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

Sure, the poster's "throat slitting" argument doesn't hold much water, especially here, but I agree to an extent that what happened is pretty much expected.

Artest was all over Kobe. That was a foul BEFORE Kobe retaliated. Now, I don't advocate escalating the stakes, which is what Kobe did with that elbow, which was dirty, but also, that's what happens down low when people are jostling for the ball, ESPECIALLY with Ron Artest's physicality, he should know better than anyone that there is going to be contact, even dirty contact.

So, it should have been a foul on Artest BEFORE the contact, and a foul on Kobe after, since the first foul wasn't called, but the refs are flawed, I understand that they can't see everything. As for the tech...well, things were getting chippy and I can UNDERSTAND it. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

And as for all of you guys calling this poster out for being a Lakers fan and whatnot...cmon. Being objective isn't being a Laker fan.

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'd say it's debatable that it was a foul on Ron. It's called bodying up for rebounding position. He's stuck is butt out put his hand in the air and backed into him. That is the legal way you fight for position.

17. djimi

djimi Member

i watched the incident on tv the first time and honestly, at first glance its hard to see the elbow. Crawford blew the whistle against Artest for the following reasons:

1) his reputation
    2) he's Sterns biatch
    3) its Kobe (i hated him since he came into the league, just look at his face, full of arrogance)
    4) Lakers-Cavs final

either way....we're against the odds here of beating Lakers, lets just put this behind us and let this incident be fuel to play even greater basketball. we cant change the above 4 reasons, the only thing we can change is by playing the best basketball and hope for the best. Lakers have always been my most hated team ever since Kobe played for them. and the current team have to be the most hated....just look at them....Kobe, Sasha the ***, Farmer, Gasol, Fisher. the rest are ok though

18. gatechdude

gatechdude Contributing Member

With a table leg?

19. laneh

laneh Member

The elbow jester was mistaken for a throat slitting jester. Crawford is trigger happy. That's the ejection... :)

20. MattM

MattM Member

"Most significant is an elbow Bryant threw that caught Artest in the throat as they were jockeying for position under the basket. The NBA rulebook states that a player must be ejected for "an elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level." By the standard that's been set in these playoffs, Bryant should be suspended."

This is written by Adande, who is not a homer.

You are totally wrong on this issue, and your fanhood should be in question