1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick sends Von to the locker room (UPDATE: Adelman says issue settled)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, May 7, 2009.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Here is what happened from Feigen,

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

If that's true, Wafer needs to age about 10 years emotionally and get with it. He oughta know by now that coaches have substitution patterns, matchup issues, and plain ol' gut instinct. Throwing a hissy fit because he's still resembling a sieve on defense and was taken out is laughable. Intensity and fire is great in a player. Childishness is not.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Glad to hear they'll probably work it out. We're a better team with Von on it, as long as he's not detracting from the job at hand.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

sounds about right.....

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Nope not even close. mad Max was wong but at least I could understand. he helped us big time win a championship the year before and now he had to to play seconfd fiddle to Clyde. it takes alot of character to accept that. Max didn't have it and exploded. It was the mistake of his life. But Von was a ****ing nobody who couldn't get a contract nowhere. Adelman gave him a break and he acts all primadonnoa in the playoffs. Stupid guy who deserves what he gets.

P.S. I hope he apologizes and they work it out but if not goodbye VOn.

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I agree, and honestly it slightly concerns me that Wafer can't handle a substitution to the point that he would start throwing water bottles or whatever. Feigen writes it off as part of Wafer's intense character, and while I agree that Wafer competes and clearly does let his emotions guide his play, that sort of behavior is honestly just unacceptable and concerning to say the least.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't worry -- Morey fired up his laptop back at the hotel after the game and modified Von's numbers a little bit. If the numbers aren't right at the end of the season, Von will be throwing bottles at Mike Dunleavy next year.

8. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

I hope so too. He helped in the second quarter.

9. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Hopefully Von redeem himself in the home games and everyone forget the whole thing by next week.

10. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

We really need Von back

11. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I cannot say anything since I don't know what was said and why. Still I can say Wafer is wrong for getting mad in a time like this and I think we will not see much of him after this.

There's probably more to it than just this explosion by Wafer which worries me. I have liked Von so far, even with his I can do this by myself attitude but he crossed the line. To be sent to the locker room is pretty bad but we'll see.

It seems like people are trying to downplay this but my guess is Wafer is done as a Rocket. Even if he comes back in the playoffs, it's likely Von will ask a lot of money in the offseason for the spark he brought this season and I'm not sure Morey is willing after this.

Funny that this is about Von's ego since he is always trying to get the highlights with his dunks and everything, while he says himself that he does not like to draw attention (this was in the Chron article with regards to the mohawk which Von wanted to get rid of for this reason). Also in interviews he seems pretty humble but maybe that's a farce.

To the people comparing this to Maxwell: Vernon never ever exchanged words with Rudy T or Don Chaney like that. Maybe when he was going nuts and about to get ejected he has said something to them but I have never heard that Vernon was sent to the locker room by the coaches for this type of action.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

First of all let's not all hop off the bandwagon. The boy has passion for the game and lost his head. He just needs time growing up.

The hate energy should go to crawford and Kobe, and after lurking around the Spurs forum I just realized how effed up the Laker fans are.

I hope the Laker fans and the gaykers themselves **** blood. I hope Kobe starts crying, or Ron will make him.

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

A couple more reasons why Wafer hasn't been able to stay in this league. He's done as a Rocket.

14. worzel gummidge

Wafer has a history regarding his temperment. It's often brought up by the media when speculating on his chances of sticking with a team. I think Morey's alluded to it in one of his 610 radio interviews.

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He's done as a Rocket most likely. We already have too much depth especially if McGrady comes back or we get a replacement for McGrady.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Selfish.

I like Wafer but he needs to be more calm.

17. worzel gummidge

I doubt that. It'd take more than a time out in the locker room to do that. Anyway, in the Bill Simmons podcast Morey said something along the lines of not being a big believer in chemistry.

18. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

Von Wafer is just like a headless chicken on the court. He is the most selfish Rocket.

19. daRox

daRox Member

yeah because Rick Adelman wants to lose on purpose :rolleyes: Seriously, there are reasons why he's a coach. Von should have just sit down, shut up, and wait for his number to be called.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Von is emotional, there is no excuse for getting tossed by the coach...BUT, hopefully he learned his lesson.

DD