1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 111, Rockets 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

1. fanwq

fanwq Member

Dirty and refs are part of the game.
    Especially HCV.
    Before the game, I was afraid of Yao's foul problem that really hurt us a lot everytime.But the league wants the LA to win this game, we have no choice.
    The only interesting is Ron's ejection that light the flame of the war, the coming games will be most intensive. I think Rockets will win with warrir's heart.
    Go, Rockets!

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

[Analysis by me :D] Why we lost game 2

First off I'd like to say this is pointing out stuff, I am definitely happy with how the series is turning out with the fire and our split when the world was doubting us.

Also I'd like to reiterate I don't mind the loss because the Rockets played with an absolute fire that if we had seen in 2005 or 2007 (vs. Dallas/Jazz respectively) we could have gone far in the playoffs.

Stuff to improve/Stuff that needed to be done:

1) Yao did not get the ball early: Yes he was fronted more, yes the defense was probably better, but Yao NEEDS the ball early to be effective. He can wear down Pau, he can build confidence, and the Rockets role players can begin to get more open shots. That NEEDS to be a priority in game 3 (like it was in game 1).

2) The referees: Ok this is going to be a complaint by every fan ever after any loss, I know, but there are only a few things wrong with what I saw. The referees did a good job: Handling the bad situations (Yes even the Ron Artest ejection was correct just because of the game's situation) and calling both sides FAIRLY equally.

My problem was, when they messed up a call on the Lakers' side it was on an insignificant play, BUT when they messed it up on the Rockets' side it was often times a HUGE play in the game.
    1) When we were down 7 in the 2nd and they called offensive goal tending when the ball was clearly coming out.
    2) In the 3rd, when they called offensive foul on Yao when Gasol was clearly inside the circle because Yao was right under the basket (gave Yao his 4th foul)
    3) When we were down 8 in the 4th and Lowry makes a layup and should have had and 1 because Farmar's ankles were above the circle line, but they gave Lowry an offensive.

3) The Rockets were VERY hesitant to take their shots/a little too anxious. I saw Scola hesitant on his patent jumper as well as a layup. Brooks was scared to take a couple wide open 3s, Yao was trying to force passes before the double team got to him. These are all just things I'm sure they will cover.

4) The Rockets were not playing their pace of the game (outside of in the 2nd quarter). We tried to run and gun with the Lakers. We need to just go inside-out and allow the refs to call fouls. When the Rockets could get into the penalty, it is a beautiful thing.

5) Obvious stuff like: Turnovers, etc.

6) We let the Lakers get into our heads. They were clearly talking s**t to Scola and he let it affect his game. The Rockets need to keep the fire, but lay their egos aside. If Odom wants to talk, let the douche talk. The technicals I am ok with, but the thinking you need to show him up on the offensive end (which usually is going to lead to turnovers) I am not ok with.

7) Finally one that we had no control over: The Lakers shot OUT OF THEIR MIND good from the field. The Rockets constantly took it to the rack, the Lakers took it a couple times but mostly just shot jumpers. A 16/21 1st quarter in which from what I saw was 80% jumpers is absolutely absurd. The Rockets' defense was great and still they shot that well. Oh well :D.

(feel free to add to this list, these were things I noticed during the game)

Overall we played a good series and there should be a LOT to play for in Games 3 and 4. I'm going out on a limb (joking) and saying that game 3 and 4 are going to decide series. If we take them both 95% we win, if we take 1/2, I'd say that drops pretty drastically to 40-50%, and obviously if somehow we lose them both, 95%+ we lose.

And one last thing:
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO GAME 3, BE LOUD, BRING SIGNS, B**CH OUT EVERY SINGLE LAKER WHEN THEY GET THE BALL, AND WILL THIS ROCKETS TEAM TO A VICTORY :D.

1 person likes this.
  3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

And for the first time, Scola's reaction is completely appropriate for the severity of the foul.

4. Deepsouth

Deepsouth Member

T-mac want to play with Kobe.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    "Well that was a rip off."

6. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

the thing is, how do you NOT play yao, that would just start a whole other series of distractions. i dont know what is going to happen, but it is clear yao just CANNOT defend against pao right now, hayes is the MAN

7. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

lol
    as fans who live in Houston and can afford to go the game, it's their share of responsibility to cheer and help the team~

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Someone make a GIF of when Artest runs towards Kobe, saying in his face, "hit me in my throat again; hit me in my throat again; hit me in my throat again."

9. kaivin20

kaivin20 Member

agree! I'm not upset or panic for this lost. it's a win for Fakers on paper but a win for us mentally. rockets in 5!

10. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Hey UCI,

I went to UC Berkeley, so suck it. We dont need another Laker TROLL lurking around our forum.

11. monica

monica Member

so tired to comment.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

so the above wasn't a comment?

13. big11

big11 Contributing Member

First of all, don't ever call Yao garbage after you saw what happened in game 1 usob. Having said that, I am just so sick of him not imposing his will on the game. If he play like a girl then we lose. It's that simple!

14. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

all i hope is that our fans make it hell for kobe bryant every time he touches the ball...i want that team to be demoralized, i lost all respect for that entire team

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I was dissapointed with some of RA's coaching today. Landry was on fire in the second and sat out almost all of the third, while Scola was really struggling.

16. singer

singer Member

I'm actually happy, too. That's the best Lakers can get. Ok. I think we can do much better. We'll see!

Lakers and Gentlemen, we'll see.

17. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Great game, lots of fire and desire in this team now. Hopefully they let this feeling simmer until the home game and let loose. Go Rox!

18. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Lakers have figured Brooks out and thats a problem. All they need to do is keep one guy near the basket, and Brooks won't even bother going for a layup, he also sucks at passing in traffic so he overpenetrates and does nothing but dribble around until the shot clock is down.

19. Cav000

Cav000 Member

NBA, where unfair play happens
    where dirty play tolerented
    where business > basketball happens

we just do our clean , we teach NBA,LA what is basketball...
    we have wan this series from my side,no matter what will happen in NBA

20. Cav000

Cav000 Member

yeah ...brooks is a faster Novak only..RA expect too more on him, we paid ,paying and will pay for this