1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Love Ron Artest....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, May 7, 2009.

1. KKick

KKick Member

I am a big Ron Artest fan after today.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's boozer part 2 it seems like b/c bynum won't play a big role in this series. but unlike utah, lakers won't play him straight up.

3. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

We were talking about him standing up for himself. Not some dribbling or not, that's larger than him dribbling right or not.

If you want to talk about dribbling you would have to start with PG play and spacing. It's not all his fault he has to do something in a congested lane.

4. ebu

ebu Member

post game interview

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3_xmYLBnnA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3_xmYLBnnA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. doEmDirtyLandry

How does TNT have 27 angles of Kobe chewing gum pregame and ONLY ONE horrible angle of Kobe elbowing Ron in the throat?

Just get him back by dropping 41 on Kobe in Game 3.

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Honestly that was one Brooks, he was in front of Kobe and just ran passed him, for an open layup..... After Ron gets ejected.

Kobe's their best player, that was the best place to send a message right there.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was talking about Artest in game 2, and his lack of poise in the fourth quarter. Spacing issues and Ron Artest go hand in hand. And I'm not as impressed as others here for him getting himself thrown out in the fourth quarter of an important playoff game.

As for PG play, that's a topic for another thread.

8. michecon

getting thrown out, that's on referees, not on him. Ron let the world know of Kobe's antics and wouldn't let him getting away, that's smart. Otherwise, no replay would ever be shown, let along getting the attention. (see post 41 on Sam's thread).

Besides, there's something more important than winning or loosing a game. It doesn't seem that way to some of the fans. But that's true. What's good for winning Champ if you lose all your principals - stroking ego?

9. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I love Ron Artest. he is the ture warrior!

10. durvasa

LOL ... let me get this straight. Artest losing his cool and going after Kobe after not getting the call isn't about his ego. It's about principles. But him controlling his temper and trying to make the plays that give his team the best chance to win would be him "stroking his ego".

Give me a break.

11. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Toughness overdose. He over-compensate the one department the team needs, desperately.

12. michecon

Well, he didn't lose his cool. He anticipated he would get a tech. He backed off.

but whatever, make it a poll (stats!), see how many agree with you.

Basketball is just a game, sometimes, it's more than just a game.

13. durvasa

He did lose his cool (but for him, I suppose he was serene as the ocean). He definitely did not back off after getting the first technical. He continued yelling and pointing at Kobe. Joey Crawford had a quick trigger on the second technical, but at that moment that's to be expected and Artest should have known better.

14. michecon

I didn't even get the first technical thing. When's the exact time he get his first and second? It certainly wasn't said on TV. And from the post game interviews, I don't get the sense that there were two technical, or at least enough space between them to react to. He was quickly announced ejected. I thought he backed off after being separated.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The game was lost when Adelman refused to let the guys who brought the team back (Landry and Hayes) carry their momentum into the third quarter.

This was over by the time Ron got ejected. What game were you watching?

16. IcemanErik

IcemanErik Member

he's the man.

kick kobe's ass

17. durvasa

The first technical was whistled when he ran up to Kobe and got in his face. He was separated, but then he continued to yell and point at Kobe from a distance, and Crawford quickly gave him a second one. Artest had the opportunity, after being separated, to let it go and get his head back in the game. Most players in that situation probably would have done so. The more combustible types -- Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson -- have a harder time cooling down and letting things go.

18. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

That should be the new chant in HOU KICK KOBE'S ASS! KICK KOBE'S ASS

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...so true.

I have been a big Artest fan all season. He's frustrating as hell at times, but he always plays hard and brings toughness. You can't just pick that up anywhere. He's just one of those guys where you have to take the good with the bad sometimes because overall your getting more good than bad. If Artest doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder, this team is sunk - he brings the attitude that makes this team formidable. I'm pulling HARD for the Rockets to resign Artest this summer.

...but I don't think he should have been ejected tonight. The ONLY reason he was ejected is because he's Ron Artest, that's Kobe Bryant, and hot tempered Joey Crawford was the ref. If Battier had run over and got in Ariza's face in front of Danny Crawford, it would have been a tech and that's about it. I don't think that's fair to Artest but so goes the worst officiated league in pro sports.

...and while I'm on the subject: It's a travesty that Stern has been allowed to destroy such a beautiful game for so long with his arrogant officiating office(I promise they never acknowledge the mistake on the Kobe elbow). I would be willing to bet this won't be the last time we hear of officiating deciding a game this series...and as a life long basketball fan, I can tell you LA normally benefits from those calls.

{steps off soapbox}

20. durvasa

It was a 10 point game with 7 minutes to go when he was ejected. That's far from over. Artest was one of the few players in an offensive rhythm for the Rockets, and we were already down one wing player without Von Wafer. Just a very inopportune time, in a very important game, for him to get ejected.