1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tech/Ejection on Ron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kobe just said Ron should not have been ejected.

2. dero72

dero72 Member

In his interview after the game, Ron brought up Kobe's dirty foul on Shane in game one.
    When the camera got back to EJ, Chuck, and Kenny...they all had that look on their faces like, 'I KNOW he didn't'...because all of the talk tonight seems to be tip-toeing around the 'elephant in the room':
    KOBE gets preferential treatment.

No one wants to say it.
    But theyre hitting all around it.

And RON basically said it.
    I love it.

3. G Rat

G Rat Member

There wasn't a 'bunch more' crazy stories. Artest told that one and then went on to talk about how the rockets are not a team who is going to start fights and that he personally did that in HS and as a kid and when he first joined the NBA, but that he is done with that crap.

4. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

Does anyone have a video of rons post game interview with his story? That is probably one of the funniest things ive ever heard him say! I love his heart and his toughness, even though we lost, just to see him get in kobe's face and show them "Im ron artest you dont mess with me" THat right there sold me, and im definitly buying his jersey

5. Rocketsfan86

Rocketsfan86 Member

is this all from the press con??? that nba.com will show later? or is it TNT interview in locker room or sth....

6. bloop

bloop Member

1) Refs didn't CALL the foul on Kobe. doesn't mean they didn't see it

2) They must have seen SOMETHING. They were under the basket with the BALL. It's not like they were at some weird angle. They at least saw enough of the play to call something on Artest right? Kobe's elbow came after Ron's "foul." what did the refs do, suddenly put their hands over their eyes after they whistled Ron?

3) Right the only possible thing Crawford can do after a dirty elbow is to call a random foul on Ron

4) It has nothing to do with verbal reprisal Ron got that call entirely because

a) player 1 was Kobe
    b) player 2 was Artest
    c) Fisher was ejected making it an easier call to eject a Houston player
    d) the game was close in LA in the 4th quarter.

sorry anyone saying Artest overreacted is just... lol... get real. what is this? Kobe gets a quota of 1 elbow per game?

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Anyone know how to read lips? What did Ron say to the first ref that called the foul on him, and what did that ref say back to Ron? :confused:

8. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

[​IMG]

looks clearly intentional to me.

thats pretty dangerous. IMO, it warrants some kind of fine/suspension. the league needs to recognize it at the very least.

9. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

[​IMG]

another angle. looks like kobe was getting mad that he couldnt box out artest/out muscle him, so he throws an elbow.

10. bloop

bloop Member

In the locker room interview Ron said that he told the ref that he'd just gotten an elbow to the throat. Ref said the foul was on him he didn't say anything from Kobe.

The refs didn't do anything so Ron went over to tell Kobe he needed to cut that out and play clean. Ron said he had his hands down and he wasn't going to retaliate then or retaliate next game he went over there to tell Kobe that he never elbowed Kobe and tell Kobe emphatically to play clean.

11. bloop

bloop Member

[​IMG]

look at that play. Kobe winds up and throws the elbow AFTER Ron's supposed foul.

if the refs called nothing at all that's one thing. that could mean they saw nothing. (however unlikely with the ball right there and them under the basket)

however, seeing as they saw Ron commit a "foul" it's factually impossible for them to not see the end of that same play where Kobe winds up and throws the elbow

12. code_red

code_red Member

Who the F*ck cares whether they saw it and decided to call it or saw it and decided not to call it? How does Artest getting himself thrown out of the game help us this game?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe has a history of this crap
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-K5MYXuAiaI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-K5MYXuAiaI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There was a 3rd angle from the sideline corner. Its more evident than these that Kobe sorta cocked his elbow forward before throwing it.

I believe the ejection was from the elbow motion Ron did after being pushed away. I first thought it was a throat slash too. What else are you supposed to do, though. An elbow in the throat and Artest gets the foul? You have to voice your complaints or else dirty play will continue to either go unnoticed miscalled. And applauded at that.

The elbow by Fish? Those morons Collins and Harlan followed up with praise about Fisher's toughness. Really?

15. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Stu Jackson was in the stands for one reason - to stand up Thursday morning and say the Lakers did nothing meriting suspensions. I will have to call my son in law in Las Vegas and ask him what is being said about the money flow on this series. Underground rumors are great. :D

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Kobe obviously got the preferential treatment in that game.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the worst thing about the Kobe elbow is that stuff like this always happens to non-floppers.

Ron does not flop...so for some reason he has to take getting hammered like this. I love Scola and Lowry but i get the feeling that if this were one of them they would have flailed to the ground and gotten the call.

18. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

KOBE is just wanna behavior like a b!tch. Kobe tried to pretend he is fairplay superstar.

You know what , once I thought Boozer is the most dirty guy.Now I know KOBE is just a supersuck, Kobe is really selfish and indelicate.I Just wonder , why he got so many fans.

Lakers should have 4 or more rings,if they stay Oneal instead of Kobe

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

he had to let Kobe know he wasn't going to stand for that kind of play.. he saw it happen to Shane and kept his mouth shut.. evident by him not speaking a word on the issue until just now.. seeing him pull that uncalled for mess again.. as Barkley said.. and Kenny Smith agreed.. you can play competitive.. you can play tough.. but there's a line you can't allow to be crossed without letting the player know.. you're not going to tolerate it.. if the officials won't tell Kobe to tone it down and keep it clean.. Ron felt obligated to go to him directly and tell him himself..

i for one applaud Ron for it.. his response.. at first offense.. hushed.. then on a more overt second.. promptly addressed and called.. it didn't help us this game.. but i have no doubts it will in the long wrong.. of what will be a long tough/physical series.. as it already has peaked in physicality in game 2..

he was merely sticking up for his team.. and actually upholding it's integrity in their tough play.. in contrast to the cheap shots galore of the Lakers.. with hints of it in game 1 by Kobe.. to full fledge display in game 2 by both Kobe and Fisher..

as he has made clear.. he wasn't looking to retaliate.. nor is he considering doing so next game.. or ever.. he simply addressed the problem..

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Er... except for Fisher tackling Scola.