1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: OUR NEW LEADER!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigPun662, May 5, 2009.

1. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Heart. Resilience. Not backing down. All these things left this team when T-Mac decided to have surgery and end his season. Today Yao showed what heart is. Today he showed what was stunted by T-Mac's presence. T-Mac a leader? You must be kidding me. If T-Mac is a leader, you might as well not go in to war. Everyone says we're a better team with T-Mac. I don't buy it. This team's personality changed once he left. Remember that guy who stopped chasing Jamario Moon in Toronto? You sure don't see anyone else doing that any more. You want your leader to be the first one to practice, and the last one to leave. You want him to be the hardest worker. You want him to fight the trainer to go back in the game even after his knee was smashed by Kobe. None of this describes Tracy Mcgrady. There should have been warning signals or red flags. There were some but we were blinded by his scoring ability and lobs off the glass for dunks. Boy were we fooled. Well hopefully we've moved on from that incompatible marriage. Our new leader is Yao Ming, and tonight, he showed us why.

2. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Tell me something i don't know

Yao leads by example, his heart, his courage, his determination, his WORK ethic.

3. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

I almost cried today....he transcended man!

4. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

I have to disagree. Yao said so himself after the game that the Rox don't have a pure talent player - like a Kobe, Lebron, or former Tmac. All they have is hustle, heart, and a trust for each other.

Today Yao just exemplified that in an extreme and public way. But day in and day out, every Rocket player has the same determination and heart. The "leader" of the team is the guts, hard work, and spirit of the team.

5. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

it's a good thread i thought.

6. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Yao just put tmac to shame with that come back and hustle, heart, and trust for each other

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Seriously tell me something I didnt know... U could of at least post this in the Rockets game 1 thread against the Lakers. lol attention w**** freal.

8. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

HAHAHA! He is a leader in terms of setting an example for the rest of the team. They follow his lead just like the Cavs follow Lebron. It's hard to follow T-Mac because he wasn't the best example. Do you agree?

9. richardcatheart

richardcatheart New Member

can't agree more

10. leecn

leecn Member

AGREE WITH YOU.

11. darkflame

darkflame Member

Yao was a hero,so was Shane!

12. wi3lau

wi3lau New Member

It is YAO's team which I never doubt.

13. young.k.n

young.k.n Member

As a chinese I am really proud of Yao and other rockets players‘ performance .my roomates and me have moved.there is no words can express
    my emotion .We should give Yao the tittle of MVP.Come on rockets and Get Red!

14. young.k.n

young.k.n Member

Don't blame Yao anymore .Although he has performed poorly sometime.But he work hard in every match.He contribute all himself to rockets.

15. NoBodyAnswers

NoBodyAnswers Member

16. Kezman

Kezman Member

Yao is a true leader!
    He just want to win the game,he never was a loser!

17. yysmer

yysmer Member

Success = 1% talent + 99% hard work

18. dlite316

dlite316 Member

yao"fight the trainer to go back in the game even after his knee was smashed by Kobe. "
    yao-the tough warrior...

well said...great post

19. riverage

riverage Member

after this season, when t-mac is in, yao will out.

20. Justified

Justified Member

You said it from my bottom of my heart.