1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bynum Wants Yao in Round 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, May 2, 2009.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I hope Bynum gets his wish.

2. 9495

9495 Member

Phil is not dumb. If I were him, I would front/double team Yao, and put Kobe on Artest. Take no chances. Someone else has to beat them.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Bynum is acting tough just like Pryzbilla.

Yao could've murdered his family, kicked his dogs, peed in his swimming pool and made him say Uncle and Bynum will still say I want Yao in front of the press.

It's probably an advantage if Yao had Bynum guarding him anyways. He won't be flopping as much as Gasol hopefully.

4. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Bynum wants Yao and Yao wants the win of the series, thats enough :D

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Bynum is lucky Mutombo isn't playing, because Deke owns Andrew Bynum.

6. ThaBlackKnight

Yao would slaughter Bynum if he's allowed to go 1-on-1 against him. Bynum, is a nice young center, BUT he benefits a lot from #24 on his team.

Lets see Bynum lead a team on his own, and see how good he does. Honestly, he's barking up the wrong tree...just ask Eric Dampier what happened to him in 2005 when he claimed he was better than Yao. Yao lit him up that series on very good shooting. But Dampier was saved by his much more talented team.

Yao may very well lose this war, just because his team is not as talented as LA, but he'll win his battle by a mile vs. Bynum. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and Fisher will be able to let him get away with saying this, but Bynum will learn a rough lesson this series.

Maybe Phil will realize this by game 1 or 2, and bench him like he did in Utah. When Yao came back from his knee injury in 2007, he faced Okur and Boozer and took them like a man, and matched up pretty well against them.

Bynum was benched and he plays much less ball than Yao does year round and he's only 22 years old...great going there Andrew. Go prove something for an entire season and make an All Star team before you "want to play Yao".

Just be careful what you wish for...

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

This is funny.

And true!

How do you do it?

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Unless I'm missing something that is not quoted in the article, I don't find anything wrong with Bynum said. It's not like he dissed Yao or said he was better or anything as Dampier did in 2005. All he said was that he's excited to face a player of Yao's caliber after not getting a chance to face anybody challenging in the Utah series. I actually take this as a compliment.

9. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I'm wondering the same thing lol. I thought he was just saying he wanted a challenge. He's not like saying You suck Yao, I'm going to OWN you. He just said I can't wait to play an elite center like Yao and he's going to bring out the best in me.

That's all I heard Bynum said. He didn't say I can shut him down with my eyes close.

10. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Bynum will be in foul trouble just like Oden and Pryzibilla. ;)

11. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

i am afraid that yao will be in foul trouble in every games.they have 3 big guys can go to paint draw the fouls and they have kobe can attack the rim..and most important thing is refs always with their side...if yao not in the court,they gonna kill us right away...

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe i'm in the minority here but I didn't find anything wrong with what Bynum said. All he said was essentially "I am looking forward to the challenge". Really, what's wrong with that?

If he's really looking forward to this challenge, perhaps he can try defending Yao one-on-one instead of using this formerly illegal defense turned "fronting" crap?

13. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

He is not that important on the Lakers

14. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Yao will seriously teach young buddy a lesson. :D

15. allforone

allforone Member

sounds like a babe seal calling for constant clubbing

16. Shrek_sue

Shrek_sue Member

1-on-1?I agree...Please... :D

17. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Hopefully he asked Phil to let him go 1v1 against Yao like Joel rofl

18. Chamillionaire

not even close, not fair. bynum is gonna get owned. its gasol i'm worried about, but then again luis and carl aren't bad either.

19. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

------------------------------------------------

Pau Gasol is a great flopper and outstanding whinner.

We will see what a biatch he would be...
    :eek:

20. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I wonder if he still feels the same way now.

Kudos to Andrew for wanting the challenge anyway.