1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC 1st round] CHI vs BOS

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Apr 18, 2009.

?

Your prediction for the Bulls-Celtics series?

1. Celtics win in 7 games

39 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Celtics win in 6 games

9 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Celtics win in 5 games

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Bulls win in 7 games

58 vote(s)
    38.4%
  5. Bulls win in 6 games

31 vote(s)
    20.5%
  6. Bulls win in 5 games

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Bulls win in 4 games

7 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

All good things must come to an end.

This will be a very memorable series for years to come. Unfortunately Rondo's 2 free passes will be too.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Chicago's defense was awful.

Gordon is crazy. That guy takes the toughest shots. When he's on fire, there's no defense that can stop him, but when he's ice cold, there's no offense that he can't kill.

Celtics are still pretty smart on both sides of the ball. If Orlando is anywhere close to Boston's basketball IQ, then the Magic should handle the series pretty easily. Boston is really maximizing their strengths here, and it's barely enough to get by a streaky, quick, but dumb Bulls team.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

i dont get this stat..

does that really indicate fair officiating?

if a team drives to the ball wayyyyyyy more than another team..there's more chances for a foul to be called.

and if one team stands around and shoots jumpshots all day..then u know

likewise a team is gonna have a lot more fouls called against them if they are very aggressive on defense.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

A_3PO since you are a Bulls fan too what do you think they should do with Luol Deng and John Salmon?

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Strategy wise Del Negro has a long ways to go, but he's got that team playing hard and together, which to me is improvement cause that Bulls team seemed like a bunch of overpaid underachievers before this year. I know Rose is also a big part of of the improvement but the overall team effort seems better.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i think everyone knows the key to playoff success is tough defense and aggressive offense. entire franchises are built for this time of year.

what team with a free throw disparity doesn't point it out when they lose and they need an excuse? jump shooting teams get no credit in the playoffs and they dont deserve to.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Get rid of Deng and keep Salmons.

I'm not as optimistic as others about the Bulls future. It's good they pushed it to 7 games, but this Celts team was crippled by injuries. IMO, the Bulls need a huge amount of roster turnover to become a contender. I think Rose is the only "untouchable" player on the roster. Predictions: (1) Tyrus Thomas will revert to being a lazy airhead and (2) Joakim Noah will never get any better than he is now because he isn't dedicated enough to basketball.

8. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The bulls are a jump shooting team. Del Negro was able to keep them in shooting rhythm for so long. It's a miracle! The celtics broke their rhythm about 3-4 minutes by the end of the 2nd quarter, and that is enough to win this game!

Great series! Great memory!

10. HAYJON02

The Bulls have a hell of a roster. Who wouldn't want to be stacked with talented young movable contracts? I'm only surprised they havent yet successfully packaged some of them for a disgruntled star. Who's going to be reloading soon? Ironically KG wouldve been a good target.

I completely forgot about Deng during this series. Salmons was a great pickup. He was huge for my fantasy team. I was pissed when his minutes went down after the trade.

Not a bad time to be a Bulls fan, despite this series.

11. wingcommander87

i really wanted Gordon to change my opinion of him, but the guy is an unconscious gunner. he should never be the first option on any team. he had a chance to tie the game but air balled that ridiculous pull-up three and then when he got the ball back after the pierce turnover, he never took a second to get a better shot, just jacked by a super-long three. :mad:

but he made the series super-interesting which is why i won't go off on him. great series, with an anticlimactic end.

12. ibm

ibm Member

the best series in the entire 1st round for sure.

would've been interesting to see what cold happen if rondo was suspended (which he should have been). that's the only thing that kinda tarnished the series.

the bulls need a legit center. they look similar to the portland team we just beat.

13. HAYJON02

the ONLY thing? cmon, youre being modest. anything would've tarnished the series to the predisposed. "they looked like punks to mine eyes" would've sufficed for most people.

success and confidence doesnt rub people well.

after we beat the lakers in the 2nd round, just watch how people hate on us. its a given. its our destiny.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Missed game 7, just saw the highlights. Looked like an overall convincing win for Boston so congrats to them for besting Chicago in a great, yet somewhat underwhelming, series. Rose vs. Rondo was one of the ages.

The only thing that irked me was Eddie House committing the cardinal sin of making a catch-and-shoot then talking smack. You can't make a jumpshot then stare down Chicago's bench and what not. Absolutely ridiculous. Furthermore, he was a total non-factor all series until tonight. I don't know if that's just the KG-douchebaggery rubbing off him or what. Either way it still tipped me off.