1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach should'nt have benched Von right after he made the biggest shot of the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Al Capone, May 1, 2009.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's not like Adleman saw him hit that shot and then decided to "bench" him. He was already scheduled to come out and he just happened to hit that shot right before the next break in the game. His sub (Artest?) had already been sitting at the scores table waiting to check in.

2. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I think that was a partial smokescreen.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

A WAFER smokescreen? Everyone I heard including Adam Wexler said he could barely get off of the plane.

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

You underestimate the Wafer Effect.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Benched !?

No, Wafer has a bulging disk in his back -- coach is resting him for the 2nd round (as was mentioned).

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

YEAH I WAS LIKE WTFFFF, ADELMAN YOU IDIOT

FIRE RICK ADELMAN!!!!!111

:rolleyes:

7. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

As was mentioned in my first post. :rolleyes:

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Go back and watch that play again. You'll see that Adelman had already called for Ron to check in the game before Von pulled up for the shot.

It was a strategic move that really had nothing to do with Von's big shot and everything to do with putting in a veteran and top defender to secure a big lead and close out the series.

9. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Am I the only one who notice when Adleman sends a player to the scoring table to sub for Wafer he starts to force the action. I first noticed it in game 3 when he was sub soon as Battier or Artest I forgetgot up to sub out Wafer had the big dunk and hit the 3 in the 2nd quater. He did that last night too in the 4th when the Rockets went on that drought Battier got up went to the scoring table then Wafer shot a three.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I haven't noticed that actually, but what I have noticed is that Von is often visibly discouraged to be taken out of a game. That's something that anyone headed to the NBA should be done with in high school, much less college or after they're drafted. I love the guy, but that's one thing he needs to work on before I'm fully confident that he can be a piece to a championship team.

11. riverage

riverage Member

agree! we need Wafer in the second round.