1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans attending Game 1 @ LA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chuckjl, May 1, 2009.

1. chuckjl

chuckjl Member

My buddy and I, both Houstonians, will be attending Game 1 against the Lakers on Monday. Our seats are in section 106 row 3. We both just started work in Bakersfield and unfortunately didn't think to bring our Rockets gear!

Anyways, never been to the Staples Center but I'm stoked. If any other fans will be attendance, holler and we can organize to meet and possibly grab a beer.

- Jacques

2. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

:mad: ..I got 9 9exmas in final week....Even more brutal than the bull-Celtics series.... No time left to attend a game :eek:

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

tickets are way out of my price range unfortunately otherwise I would have been there

spent my money on airfare and tix to see the games in Houston :cool:

if you need some rockets gear you can borrow any of my jerseys to wear at the game but they are all big so they may be waaay big for you

unless someone sneaks me into the game then i will be there

4. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

will be there in the nosebleeds in game 2 - section 320 with my yao jersey!

5. azureangel

azureangel New Member

We've been to Lakers' home court several times to support the rockets. But it's really hard to be heard among all the laker fans. Staples center was crazy loud.

The ticket prices are also ridiculous. The least expensive ones i could find was at least $80, and they are way up there in nowhere. All the good seats start at $250 on resale websites and ebay.

BTW, I'm in southern CA and we've flied to Houston to watch games in Toyota Center.

6. SunsRocketsfan

bummer yoyo... I was thinking about going... but my buddy scyman most likely cant go on our crazy adventures to LA anymore for awhile since he is a proud new daddy.

1 person likes this.
  7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

serious? oh man I need to call him up and give him my congrats.

unless there is a very remote possibility i could be at one of the games in LA but i am not banking on it

8. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

i think the following needs to happen:

- facepaint for everyone
    - paraphanelia to distract lakers players at the free throw line for those like chukjl sitting behind the basket
    - signs, and lots of them, to get on tv
    - hakeem olajuwan jerseys for those who have them (the channel the great one of course)

9. chuckjl

chuckjl Member

Bummer you and the others can't make it. I'm a skinny guy so anything bigger than a large makes me feel 12.

azureangel... where in Southern California are you located?

10. rfila

rfila Member

Can't join your guys, the whole family is going.
    Enjoy the game!

11. MADE

MADE Member

I will be there with 2 other Rox fans, and 1 Faker fan...I'll be in the nose bleeds section 332. I'd like to meet up before the game, but I don't think I'll be able to get off work early enough.

Sucks about the gear, but I only have a McGrady jersey... :mad:

12. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

way too expensive for a college student like me. else i'd go.

13. MADE

MADE Member

hahaha as I thought might happen, the Faker fan soldout...so if anyone is interested I have (1) ticket for sale for game 1 in LA.

14. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

how much? I'm thinking about going, but I'm still waiting for a contact of mine to reply.

15. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

awesome!

on a side note, I will be working in bakersfield this summer!

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

please contact me through the board for more info- I am seriously interested...

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I live in San Diego and would LOVE to go, but I think the tickets are just too much to justify sitting amongst Laker fans in the nosebleeds.

18. chuckjl

chuckjl Member

I hope the Lakers fans aren't overwhelming to the point that it becomes a bad experience. I know for a fact the Dodgers fans have no class. Are there any other Rockets fans going to the game?

Ah, what for! It's not too late to change your plans!

19. YugoRocketsFan

Make sure to not get shot. Them LA people are crazy.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the only way to get shot at Staples Center is by a plastic surgeon with an injection of botox or by a paparazzi looking to make a quick buck...

them LA people are frontrunning bandwagoners who arrive at the second quarter and only care about getting seen.