1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love Mike Bibby.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Will, May 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Bibby leapfrogs Webber, Peja, Christie, and Divac(He might have already been better than the latter two) in one playoffs?

Webber is still the best player on the team IMO, followed by Peja, Bibby and Christie,Divac, and Jackson.

2. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

If Webber is their best player, they are all pretty close to the same level. Webber looked awfully scared in the fourth quarter and hesitant to do anything and almost gave the ball away on that last possession. Shades of that Michigan game. To be fair Divac did three or four bonehead turnovers before that in this game.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How can you say Peja is better than Bibby? Peja has not contributed on aota to this playoff series? He is good, but he is interchangeable with Hedo, and many other NBA players, I might add.

4. EG#1

EG#1 Member

guess what! Phil told Kobe to guard Bibby the last play, then Kobe says, no, i dont want to, i feel uncofortable guarding him. HA kobe got broke this serious by bibby. Kobe shows he is good but not as good without shaq. he missed his last 5 or 7 shots i believe in the last 3 minutes. wow BIIIIIIIIIBBY

5. Nikos

Nikos Member

Actually Bibby lead his team to the finals in 1997 and a victory against the Ron Mercer/Scott Padgett/Wayne Turner led Kentucky Wildcats. They also beat Kansas in the elite eight as a #4 seed, Kansas had Jacque Vaughn, Paul Pierce, Raef Lafrentz, Scott Pollard......and they were the favroties to win it all, but Bibby and Miles Simon led them past them and then UNC in the semifinal (they had Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison).

Actually Bibby came out to the NBA after his SOPOHMORE season. His team lost in the elite eight to the Andre Miller and Michael Doleac led Utes. It was a stunning upset....after that year Bibby came into the NBA as a 20 year old.

Sorry to correct you...But I remember those Arizona Wildcats years when they were a great team :D .

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

When did we stop taking injuries into consideration?

Peja showed that he was the second best(Maybe, best) player on the team in Webber's absence.

Peja and Hedo are quite different players...Hedo is not the shooter that Peja is, and, as a result, is not as good a scorer as Peja.

It was not until Peja's emergence that the Kings started to resemble the team that they are today.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I aways knew he was a good player because I'v watched him on league pass. Its people on this board that thinks Francis is God in the nba. I said SAR and Brand are very good players playing on bad teams. Posters on this board, just like with Jackson stated anyone can put up good numbers on a bad team. Well isn't that what Francis,Cat, and Thomas did this yr but no one is trying to discredit them. Sometimes , in a situation like Vancuver, al they needis a good coach. They had Bibby,Dickerson,SAR,and Othella all together and allthey need was a Lenny Wilkens when he was availible. That team had good talent and nowthe leaue is starting to see SAR and Bibby as what hey were in the confines ofthe NW, very good players. I'm willing to say right now, if ATl can keep Ratliff straight up they wil be a contending team for the playoffs next yr. Thats just me, but once they started playingand got semi healthy, they played pretty good ball. Its sad they gave up their draft pick for Lorenzen Wright because at 8 there are some players that could realy help them.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Don't be sorry your right and I'm wrong. I was going off of memory when I know I should not. I just thought that I remembered Duke loosing to Arizona that year but I now know it was Kentucky.

Didn't Duke loose to someone the year before or the year after?

As far as Bibby I just don't think people should be surprised by what he has done since he obviously had the talent to be picked #2 in his draft.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Grr... I guess you're right. I was hopped up on that dagger play that day.

Ne ways, I still hate the cowtown crowd. And I still think Arco Arena is another name for Delta Center. :D

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

You're probably thinking of Rip Hamlton's UConn Huskies. That was a great game. I remember UConn's backup PG at the time was a great defensive stopper. I really wanted the rockets to pick him up. :)

11. Nellie

Nellie Member

"I love Mike Bibby.

He's what basketball is all about."

Thanks Mrs. Bibby.