1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao needs to be more vocal.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsBearFan, Apr 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RocketsBearFan

We've definitely got a problem if our roleplayer point guard gets it into his head that he's the primary option on offense, to the point of ignoring our center whose got his defender pinned under the basket. There's something seriously wrong with that and if all Yao can do is to throw up his arms in disgust then we're in trouble. Yao has been too nice to Brooks and obviously, AB is not a quick learner. If Yao is ignored by brooks, Yao, as the veteran and our supposed franchise player needs to scream, choke, kick, or smack our little PG until the point is relayed. We can't be having any of this nonsense in game 6 if we hope to win. Obviously Adelman isn't one for discipline otherwise AB and RonRon wouldn't feel that they have the greenlight to go a collective 15-54 over the last 2. Yao needs to really assert himself and make sure everyone is playing inside-out ball or else he's just as culpable as AB for our losses.

2. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

3. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

"His English is not good." :D

4. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Yeah, Shane only is not enough. This team lack a true leader who not afraid of getting into ppl face and hold ppl accountable like kobe. Yao has to understand this and step up to the leadership role. Unfortunately, it not in his DNA. Too many wasted possession,TOs,bad shots due to players do whatever they want instead running the system.

5. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Yao simply could say "Gimme the f**king ball" or slap AB's head afterwards to team him a lesson. Yao needs to stand out and more egocentric cause he is the franchise player who should carry the team

6. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

The refs were terrible but the game was winnable.

Games like today make me appreciate our two time champion rosters more.

Rule number 1 - when you have a big man. Give him the ball!

Rule number 2 - when you have a big man. Give him the ball!

Rule number 3 - when you have a big man. Give him the ball!

Rule number 4 - when someone is hot. Give him the ball!

Rule number 5 - don't forget rules 1 -4!

Yao needs to wring AB's neck to get with the program or his butt will be shipped out.

Morey must be watching this and must be wondering where can I get guys who can make quality post entry passes and make the right decisions with the ball in hand.

7. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Look. I'm just gonnna be honest. I did not even read your post. I felt like I didn't need to. Your title says it all. I don't post on here often, but when I do, please believe, I'm saying some deep stuff. Anyhow, my main point is this: It's not JUST Yao's fault. Sure, him being more vocal could help. Then, maybe Aaron Brooks will freakin not settle for a horrible shot. Cause, you'd all agree, if he wasn't settling, he'd at least HAVE to get some sort of shot that's good enough that he's getting to the free-throw line. Cause, 6 for 20, no wonder we lost. Had he just went 10 for 20, 4 more little shots, that's 8 points, maybe 12 pending where he got em! Anyways, I think you all get my point, if you don't, and are curious, hit me at 314-372-9704, ask for Corey. If e-mails your style, hit me at pplcww@live.com I answer daily. I wanna know what you think, honestly, so I hope you hit me up. Feel free to leave a voice mail. Like those, too!! But, honestly, what's wrong with getting a shot that's so good the referees feel bad for not calling the foul? U know? Anyways, I could show you better than I could tell ya, so that's why, when you see "Williams" on the back of a Rox Jersey, know, it's ME. And I won't be spectating, I'll be orchestrating. The Rockets' offense, that is. Peace.

8. wakong

wakong Member

The bad thing is that RA allows AB to play in such a style.

9. flashsky

flashsky Member

Yeah, that's the diffirence between RA and Spurs' coach.

When Gooden shoot 2-13 in game4, can u guess what Spurs did?

Put Gooden on bench in game5, evev Spurs lost the game, but their coach set their rules and express everyone.

What did AB doing? 6-20.... Omygod......
    Game 4 is Artest, but luckily Rox won it;
    Now Game 5 is Brooks, Rox lost it...
    Who is the next for poor shooting??Can Rox cost 1 lost-game more? or lose 2 games more??
    If those guys want to drive YAO away from HOU, then just do like game4-5.......

10. RocketsBearFan

I'm just gonna be honest. You need to read the original post before commenting because I'm saying Yao needs to be more vocal towards his point guard. Yao needs to beat the crap out of AB or do something to make that lil' chucker pass the damn ball.