1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Must.Take.Ball. Out.Of.Brooks'.Hands

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by michecon, Apr 28, 2009.

1. superweapon-yao

If AB is not the problem I dont know what the problem is here...maybe our medical staff??

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am sure the Spurs fans were saying the same thing about Tony Parker.

AB is not the problem.......he had a bad game, but the team was winning when number 96 came in and killed the ball movement.

DD

3. code_red

code_red Member

AB, our starting PG, cannot pass the ball to Yao. Go back and look at the 6:40 mark of the 4th quarter when Yao sealed off his man and AB didn't pass it to Yao. This is a huge problem because only Battier can get the ball to Yao now. As bad as shooter that Rafer was, Rafer could get the ball to Yao and would have gotten the ball to Yao at the 6:40 mark of the 4th quarter tonight.

4. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

kneejerk my buttock. I've written a thread summing up AB. His speed, what does he do after he penetrates, what kind of and how easy defense can be against him. check it out.

5. michecon

Tony Parker faints. seriously...
    He had a bad game? did you watch those games after game 1? or the whole season, rather.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

First game everyone was doing well and it wasn't him that won us the first game. Second game he cost us the game at a crucial moment and only show up in the last min.

AB can't create shots and space for his teammates. The guy is playing out of control.

7. SeeingRocketRed

Well, at least put in Lowry. Good God, Adelman, are you even watching these games?????????????????????????????? Artest cannot be in there in the clutch, and neither can Brooks. End of story, make it so.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Shut the **** up...give me 5 Rafers and i will throw them all in the trash!!

9. choujie

choujie Member

AB could blow by Blake, but the problem is he can't finish or pass after that.

10. absent2007

absent2007 Member

I hate to see so many times, AB looks at Yao to get a 1-2 seconds wide open, had his man sealed, but AB was not even pretend to pass, but dribble away or just pass to others, WTF, WTF....

11. Chamillionaire

what do you want morey to do? AB has shown a lot of potential, he's a scorer in a pg's body. of course it's going to hurt us when he takes it to the rack and gets it blocked. he's short. but he can shoot, although very streaky, if he can hit 40% or more for 3's, i'm a happy camper and so is RA, if and when he plays selfish, we're not gonna win.

tonight, everybody except for shane played well, they beat us tonight. it's as simple as that. not AB's fault, nor Ron's. we shot poorly and they outplayed us.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

At least Von Wafer's IQ is a bit better than Aaron because Von knows he doesn't have to force attacking the basket when there is nothing there. But this mthfckr Aaron Brooks is so stupid that he will attack even with a bunch of Blazers inside when there is nothing there. Worst of all, he has no alternative or see if his teammates are open.

13. Chamillionaire

corrected

14. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

it's funny to expect a 25 year old rookie to grow potential.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AB is not the problem he is a growing PG, but he is not the issue.

Sure he could be better at getting Yao the ball, but that takes time...and he is unsure of himself passing it to Yao....I am happy to have him on the team as the starting PG, he had a bad game.

Big deal...he will get better....but you can not say the same thing for Ron....that guys IS the problem.

Learning the game of basketball, and particularly the PG position takes time..AB will be fine.....

DD

16. SeeingRocketRed

Yeah seriously. I was repeatedly yelling at AB to get the ball to Yao when Yao established beautiful post presence. It didn't happen, even when AB was looking right at him. What is he seeing? To be such a clutch shooter, AB has no clutch passing or awareness.

17. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

He singlehandedly almost cost us game 3

18. code_red

code_red Member

He is our starting PG! Saying our starting PG has problems passing the ball to our best player is like saying Joe Montana has problems passing it to Jerry Rice. Passing should be a natural skill of our PG - in this case, it's far from a natural skill of our current starting PG.

19. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

even cost us another failure of first round playoffs? you must be kidding.

20. michecon

WTF, Morey? He can trade Yao or whoever in the post season for all I care, let's taking care of this series first. Do something to finish the series first.