1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers Board Wants Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Ron and Shane might be able to wear Kobe down over a series.

Yao is figuring out how to be effective playing, even if fronted.

Our point tandem is doing a good job dually.

If we can limit Kobe and Gasol, we might have a chance, and limit their offensive rebounding.

The big X-factor, in my mind, are the officials. You know that the Ref/Front office cabal is as crooked as rumored. There was at least one ref left out there that hasn't been charged who Doneghy was calling constantly on his cellphone, and it probably wasn't about golf. So that's the big question mark; how the games will be called, how much Kobe will be sent to the line, how much Yao will sit with fouls, how much preferential treatment the Lakers get.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

What a coincidence! I want us to win too!

And there's a reason we play the games. History has to be made sooner or later right?

3. Tmac12

Tmac12 New Member

That's true.even though we could'n beat the Lakers,I believe we Houston and the Porland are the only two teams that can cause them the biggest trouble in the west,do you think so?

And ,don't forget,Impossible is nothing.Just as Michael(not Jordan ,the actor in Prison Break) says,"Just a little faith."

(PS:I'm a Chinese,I'm very happy to communicate with you!!Now I find this and can talk with your natives!Poor English ,pardon me! :D )

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Stupid Laker fans, no class whatsoever... this is why I hope they have an upset. I mean I'll respect them and say this can be a easy and quick series... but to not even give us a chance?? I mean, that's just a terrible. I hate Laker's fans particularly due to their class.

5. jteg25

jteg25 Member

nice way to remind everyone..anything is possible in the playoffs ;)

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Lakers and their fans have already punched themselves a ticket to the finals and booked the parade downtown...

remember 2004, when they thought they were a lock to win it all?

we need to be 2004's Pistons- the only way to win from this point is to completely buy in to the team philosophy.

and of course the Lakterds want us, they were fearful of teh ROse Garden, a place they couldn't win in.

they have fear, they just don't like to expose it.

we can beat the Blazers out of the Rose Garden, let's go get a win in Staples Center...

(after we close out Portland)

7. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

So, which part of Los Angeles are you from?

8. rice

rice Contributing Member

they need to feed yao the ball.
    and not let artest shoot fadeaway 3 pointers when the game is close on the line.

rember what happened last time?

we dominated the lakers by winning 15 in the 1st half, followed by a total collapse in the second.

9. Seth

Seth Member

Well i want to face the lakers to say the truth, i think we havee a great great oportunity here, if we won, wich is unlikely but not impossible, we´ll have our confidence sky high.

And i don´t really care for our 4th fadeaways, we have been past them, and now we kind of win even when that happens.

I think it will depend on Adelman changing the rotations a bit to match what PJ does.

Brooks - Fisher is an even matchup

Battier covering Kobe

Artest covering Odom

Yao covering Bynum

And Scola covering Gasol

I like howw our bench is playing also, i´ll take my chances against them.

If the refs don´t play a part on the game with fouls on Gasol and Kobe (especially Gasol that is a big time flopper) i think we can keep them honest.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

obviously the lakers have been the dominant team out west the entire season they really have very few if any flaws.

limiting gasol and odom is the key. if either of those guys get 20 points the Rockets are going be looking at a quick series.

but that is if the Rockets play them...there is still one more victory to go tonight hopefully the get it and move on to battle LA.

We'll be outmatched in pretty much every aspect against the lakers, except one:

Heart

oh and if lakers fans are ripping on the energy of the TC, they really need to step back and look at the staples center that place is like a funeral compared to the TC

1 person likes this.
  11. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

yeah they beat us 4-1 that year. Jim Jackson missed a 3 pointer in LA.

1 person likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

rep points for you...there is nothing funnier than LA fans calling out the energy of other cities' fans. that's just precious.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What a bunch of wimps. They have a great, great team. Kobe Bryant, good big men, veteran players, good coach. And, they're afraid of Portland because of a couple games in the regular season? They would kill Portland.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Are you sure you are a Rockets fan? :confused:

15. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

Would Lakers front Yao ? If they don't, we have a chance.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Lakers are banking on what they did in the regular season to the Rockets. Well this team in H-Town is not the same team they played before.

The Rockets will give the Lakers a better showing in the playoffs and I believe the games will come down to who wins the rebound totals for each game. I give the Rockets a very good chance on pulling the upset.

17. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Defense will win the next series just like it helped us gain control of this first round.

We have to keep Kobe in check, but at the same time, we can't just double up on him with Ron and Shane (like we did with Lebron in that one game) because there are still threats out there in the form of Gasol, Odom and at time Ariza, who has been a Rocket killer on the defensive side in the regular season. I hope they don't have Gasol at center, because I think Yao could easily out hustle Bynum but Gasol will take more work and is a much better offensive threat then most of the centers Yao usually dominates.

Still it is a very winnable match up if everyone plays up to their ability. Brooks and Lowry are better then Fisher and Farmar but Fisher's experience will prove to be a thorn in our side. If we can keep it to just one Laker going for 20+ points (and it not be Kobe) and deliver a good offensive and defensive game, I see us pulling out a victory.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thats pretty classless of you you to say that. :rolleyes:

IF we get to the Lakers then it'll be one sad ass series. There is no way we can win and the officials kissing Kobe's ass will only make it that much tougher to bear.

Lakers in 4 or 5. :(

19. rocketsmetalspd

Even if they do I believe Yao has finally learned how to play against that type of D. The Lakers do have the length to go one on one with Yao they also have quicker and better defenders that will double down on Yao. It will make for an interesting playoff round but first things first lets get past Portland.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Nice shout out by Adam Clanton. He was talking about this thread on the radio.