1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blinebury writes about Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...g=ys-blazersrockets042709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Apparently, Adelman wanted him out the door when he was first hired, but now loves his ability to come up big in critical end-of-game situations.

Personally, I don't think Adelman uses Hayes quite enough or quite correctly-- even though the other 3 big guys Adelman plays are obviously no slouch and deserve minutes. I think Chuck is best playing next to Yao, but the rotation may necessitate him playing next to Scola or Landry and often guarding a center.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Chuck knows how to read situations and play off of others' strength. He's got glue like qualities and plays smart D.

Battier has that same glue like quality to bring roles together. Very interesting to see both of them play a crucial role together.

3. Tuan

Tuan Member

OMG those guys on the radios are r****ds. They were playing some sound bites of Feigen and were claiming how he was gloating. Its pretty obvious if you listen to it thought that he was not gloating.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Chuck was very valuable to this team when he was first signed IMO.. he always does the little things that don't show up on the box score and that's what wins games.

5. Tuan

Tuan Member

Opps!

My post earlier was suppose to be for a different thread. Sorry!

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

isnt this a repost?

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I love how we have career non-stat stars...

yeah Chuck is the man. I can't wait to see him get more play time...

Also why is Artest bricking us into the ground? At this point chuck's free throws would be more consistent.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's cool to see Chuck get recognition at a national level like that, even if its from a former Houston Chronicle employee.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how our entire front court, undersized as they are, have scrapped and battled against a longer, more athletic Portland team. When Deke went out, I thought we'd get murdered on the boards, but we've actually outrebounded them game after game. You have to give Yao a lot of credit for that -- he's gotten their front line in foul trouble, and he draws so much attention. When Morey said earlier in the season that Yao is playing his best basketball of his career, I didn't quite get it. The numbers weren't there. But I'm starting to see it in this series. The way Yao impacts the game on both sides is just wonderful to see.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He's a fantastic defensive player and people are now beginning to see that he does have a place in the active rotation of a very good team. It's a shame his offense has regressed a bit over the last few years. I suppose it's a combination of losing his confidence and people trying to "fix" his shot. He doesn't get enough credit for his passing ability either. He's the best passer by far of any of our three power forwards.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Chuck's terrific but playing him along side Yao for long periods is not good for the team. He can't shoot jumpers or post up,his FT shooting is bad. We need Luis in there with Yao,especially with all the fronting. That doesn't mean that Chuck shouldn't get minutes. He remains our best post defender.He does need more minutes when it becomes necessary to slow them down.

12. vizier

vizier Member

yao ,chuck, scola, battier, lowry - the smartest five in the house.

13. rocket_88

rocket_88 Member

best passer of 3 power forward.
    Best inside stripper in the league.

14. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Adelman is an Ass, plain and simple.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

As opposed to stripping outside? ;) Sorry it was just sitting there ready to be hit.... lol

I had no doubt that Adelman would think that about Chuck when he was hired.. which is why I kept saying I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded. Fortunately for me, and Chuck, no one else appreciates what he brings to the table as much as the Rockets do.

But every off season I will continue to fear he will be traded... because so many people only see the first layer instead of peeling the nasty layer of onion skin to get to the juicy good stuff underneath.

Edit: oh and I posted this first thing this morning, but apparently it hath faded away.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i have been ignoring the stats since i realized how other teams spent all their energy to figure out how to defend yao and be able to cover the holes on their defense.