1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Blazers 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

really made me nervous at the end with the missed free throws..and we win again even though yao didnt really have a monster game..3-1!! one more win so we can make it to the 2nd round then lose to the los angeles kobes lol

2. Aeron2009

Aeron2009 Member

It is really tough for both the team and fans!Wish a big win in Portland!And we will have enough time to prepare for the lakers!

3. pacmania

pacmania Member

4. avb

avb Member

Why is this post necessary? It was a great win for the Rockets, and Tmac is on the bench supporting the team.

5. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Replay on NBATV

6. rocket_88

rocket_88 Member

Offensively, he is 50% of Tmac. Defensively, he is 300% of Tmac.

To be honest. Tmac is the Only guy in this team not play 100% on defense.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Yeah the series would have been at least 3-1 blazers but most likely we would haven't been playing them they would be a 2 seed if not a 1 seed.

blake
    roy
    durant
    alridge
    pryz

with
    outlaw
    rudy
    batum
    frye
    bayless
    rodriguez
    and martell webster

off the bench????

and when bayless develops to take over blake's spot they would easily have the most talent in the league and a lot of young stars and an owner whos pockets are so deep that the lux tax is no biggie for him at all with a fan base that would easily sell out every night for the next 5-6 years.

for all the genius given to pritchard the one move he didnt make could have been the costliest to the franchise

of course if Oden does develop down the line to be a double double center with the blocks to boot then thats different, but this guy is rawer than dwight howard offensively when dwight first entered the league

8. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Does anyone have a clip of Roy's last 3 pointer? I saw one highlight on TV and I think he shuffled his foot over the line.

Why does Portland start Batum? Outlaw is a much better threat against us.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

1. They checked it during a timeout and it was a 3. Wel, at least refs said it was

2. They want Outlaw comming off the bench to be that scorer and energy guy.

10. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Do not underestimate TMac's (negative) impacts on both ends.

11. sandoon83

sandoon83 New Member

Obviously this is out of place, but since I can't start a new thread, I'm wondering if anybody would be willing to do it for me.....I'm looking to head to the Rose Garden tomorrow and wondering if anyone is able/willing to come from around the bay area. I'm actually a few hours north but would be headed up there for the game and back the next day. Also - Rogue Brewery in downtown Portland is epic. Any other stops....TBD. I'll be wearing my Red Artest jersey so if anyone's faint of heart and we start beating Portland's arse, my companion must be prepared to take some heckling, as I always do getting under the home team's skin when they're losing and the guy yelling his heart out in a roadies jersey has better seats than him :) Splitting gas and/or hotel is a plus.

12. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

13. landryfan14

landryfan14 Member

choot.... i'll take that W

14. paulschsueh

paulschsueh Member

Lowry was smart. After failing the first FT, the intentional missing of the second saved the game.

15. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I was going crazy everytime ron artest touched the ball....He was in a brick zone..Damn, talk about a black hole in the 4th quarter...Ron wouldnt have passed the ball if god told him to...Yesterday made me really realize that artest seriously thinks he's kobe or wade..Dribbling in the same place, no ball movement..smh...I will take the win! Atleast he plays with heart, since he doesnt use his head

16. spikejames

spikejames Member

Really great game. I actually thought that even if we lost, it would have been a great game -- well, you know, as much as it can be. Of course it was messy, that's the way it gets when everybody on the court is giving blood sweat and tears on every play -- it gets messy. And I looove that the Rockets came out on top in a game like that. They really showed guts and character. The refs called a good game, which is nice, no matter what the sore losers say.

My only negative thought is that I still can't keep from wishing that Yao would come up with an answer to the fronting defense. Every once in a while he ought to pull the plug on the defender, catch him leaning too much, do the ole! on him. Hasn't he ever taken any taekwondo classes? Instead of banging on the defender, use the guy's leverage against him -- Yao needs to freaking move his feet...

But that's nitpicking. Great game...

17. hmittal

hmittal Member

Its great the rockets will probably advance to the 2nd Round; however, if they dont find a way to get Yao shot attempts then they will get swept by the Lakers.

18. hmittal

hmittal Member

completely agree!

19. hmittal

hmittal Member

Its a fact

20. wedge

wedge Member

i'm sure it's already been mentioned but scola had SEVEN offensive rebounds in the last game. gangsta!