1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets and Yao need to make this tribute to Deke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zenithnadir, Apr 27, 2009.

1. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

In the final game of a series, if it is clear that we are going to win. In the 4th quarter when Yao gets a block, he needs to do the finger wave. This will be a token in-game tribute to Deke, and it will go down in the history books. The fans will explode (if on home court), the commentators will sing, and most importantly, Deke will be sent off in the most appropriate fashion - in a sign that he has left his unique and undeniable mark on basketball.

2. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

i dont know, Yao might get attacked, and then artest might get ejected for defending him :D

3. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

The finger is for Deke and Deke alone. How bout we just keep playing hard, just like he would be doing if he could get out there.

The wag is gone my friend, time to accept it.

4. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

What about if Yao gets a block in the last few minutes then Deke must stand up and do the finger wag

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What is wrong with a tribute?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJwz7wu8_s

6. acole

acole Member

I have the same thought.
    Does Yao hang out here? Or can anybody who see this thread tell him this idea?
    He will definitely do this for Deke I believe。

Hey Ron, hello, you there? :D

7. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

here is mine:

Yao blocks Oden, figer and to the crowd "this is for Deke"!

I can deal with a T for this. The fans would surely explode :D

8. riverage

riverage Member

good idea, i'll send Yao an e-mail.

9. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

you know yao?

10. guangzu

guangzu Member

Yao and Rox team just had one block last night while Blazers had 9. So if Yao did that finger wag thing and Blazers followed the suit, refs called technical fouls on each of them, we got 8 extra points, nice strategy ;)

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No, bad idea. He will get a foul called on him. There is a rule on the NBA books about this. ONLY Deke can do it, look it up.

12. Super Von

Super Von Member

Doesnt have to be Yao. Just first one to get a block late in the game has to do it. That would be great.