1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

50/50 Rockets in 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobby60, Apr 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

IMO, I think it's probably 50/50 that the Rockets close this out in 5

Con:
    1. The Rose Garden will be vey noisy homecourt sanctuary Tuesday night.
    2. I think it's very difficult that either team could beat the other 3 in a row.:
    Pro:[/list]
    1. Rockets have the Big Mo going now.
    2. Blazer sensitive egos are shattered right now.
    3. Youth and inexperience are the Blazers' enemy right now.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's true but the Rockets have a good chance if they come out aggressively and set the tone. Getting the ball into Yao will be the key.
    If they can't get the ball into Yao quickly,stay aggressive. Pass the ball to the cutters and drive to the basket. Don't settle for jump shots. Defense always comes first though.

#2 saleem, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

agreed. they need a solid team effort like in game 4. Rox seem to make fewer mistakes down the stretch.....I think their team will play tense in the second half and it will force them into mistakes which favor a rox W.

4. ryl

ryl Member

I can actually see us blowing them out... or losing a close game... i don't see them blowing us out though. We have a good chance of winning the game, simply b/c i don't think Portland can handle the pressure well, and we've been kinda cracking down in pressure situations a bit the last two games, and I don't think we'll miss as many free throws next game when it matters.

5. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

I think its will be how the refs call the game.

If they call the ticky-tack fouls, that i would say its advantage- blazers

If they call the aggressive fouls and ignore the small ones then I would say advantage- rockets

6. vizier

vizier Member

i expect nothing less then a blowout.

7. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

roy had a solid game today, can he follow up with another one? where Roy goes the blazers go, make him shoot at a bad clip, and we win.

8. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Hahaha, that is so homer.

No way do we blome them out at the Rose Garden. It will be a close game wither way. We are better than Blazers in general. They are our biatches! But they also own in their homecourt... especially now that they know how to defend Yao.

It's a close one. Who will win? I don't know. The main point is that we will win our next home game either way hehe.

9. rockets_fanatic

We have to win this in 5. The odds are the Lakers will win in 5, so we cannot afford to go into that series, having played one extra game.

10. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

remember how rockets got blew out by 40 points homecourt game 7 a while back...
    that shows homecourt means nothing when morale is deteriorated...

11. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Btw, that game was in dallas. I also remember that dallas is not homecourt for the rockets.

12. ommy48

ommy48 Member

:D :D :D

13. Emma

Emma Member

I had planned to made a " So this season is over..."thread since we were down by 6 in the 4th quarter. Lucky Battier made two huge 3s at that time to hold up my impulse. Maybe I set aside it for the next game... ;)

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yao needs another huge first half.

Brooks needs another "hometown/area" big game.

Houston needs to get Portland in team foul trouble as early as possible in each period.

Houston needs to keep the rebounding and second chance shots at a high percentage.

AB and KL need to slash and cut, drive the lane, and draw fouls on Roy and Aldridge.

Artest showing up late, in a lead, would be nice... but NO chucking please, Ron.

Battier needs to stay clutch! Huge shots in two wins at home made a difference.

= 50%

If the Rockets can handle those things and limit Roy, Aldridge and Outlaw they should close in 5.

Who is officiating? <------that is the other 50%.

15. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I say we end it on tuesday, well we better! because I can see us losing game 6 and then it goes 7

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont see them blowing the rockets out tuesday night but it will be a close game...the rockets havent had great experiences closing out other teams lately too.

oh but no way we win the game if Joey Crawford is the official tuesday

i am going to say that Joey Crawford, Tony Brothers and Ed Malloy will be the refs Tuesday night

17. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

We can't be complacent. We have to go into the game as if it's a must win situation. All we have to do is resist the temptation to run with the pumped up Blazers and execute our half court game plan and we should close this game in 5. We don't freaking want to go back to Houston for game 6 with the momentum on their side.

18. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

That is a completely different series with different teams. You can't compare that past series to now.

19. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

I hope they can end this series in game5

Rockets must learn how to close the game ,when they are leading.

20. rocketghost

rocketghost Member

You know game 1 was at the Rose Garden, right? When we "blome"d them out? :confused: