1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/26/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Absolutely.

2. bubbachuck

bubbachuck Member

Rockets 3-1 leads

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I'd like to see Artest down on the block more this game, especially if they get Roy on him. He is a tough post up player, and to make a smaller Roy work on D would be a double treat. Maybe thats something that Adelman doesnt want to exploit just yet, to limit Portland's ability to respond to it. Would be a nice new wrinkle to bring in for game 4.

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea i don't know why Adelman never use him at the post. He's very lethal at the post. I mean NOBODY in Portland has the size to guard him seriously. All i seen so far is Artest dribble and pull up jumpshots or drive and penetrate. Never seen him post up and will his way to draw fouls. I always say that THAT has always been his strength.

I seen him post up but he post up way out at the 3 pt line or post up at the free throw line. He hardly get it at the post at all. I seen them posting up Battier! That ain't right. They should replace Battier with Artest.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Also i understand that it's hard for Artest to post up and drive when Yao is inside. I think Yao just had to clear when Artest post up.

6. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

Rockets 101-94 to take a commanding 3-1 lead in the series.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Keys to the game:

1. Scola keeps outplaying Aldridge.
    2. Contain Roy

It's evident that we don't need huge productions from our flawed superstars (Yao and Ron) to win the game. Keep playing good defense and move the ball around offensively we will be fine.

8. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

3-1!! Undoubtedly

9. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

Bet that 6-7, 260-pound frame of his can force no less than 3 fouls from B-Roy. Roy will have his energy sucked up by Artest on D, making him exhausted on offense as well. Yeah, Artest tiring out Roy would be a good strat coming into Game 4. I'd love to see that. :cool:

In terms of responding, considering the 2/3-spot for the Blaze, I don't think Nate will put that skinny, low-percentage guy (but taller) Outlaw in place of Roy. Outlaw (who has no post play) is pure bones and will give up on Test. And Fernandez, for the love of God, won't stand a chance either. I have a good feeling he'll consume both of them alive, plus Roy, if he just takes it down low and not take the low-percentage outside shot.

T-Warier = nobody on Portland
    May the force be with him. :D

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Just contain and limit B roy and Aldridge and we got the next game. Easy said and done. Play Rockets Defense!

11. ThaShark316_28

Remember the 2nd game we played them in Houston on that Sunday?

That is all.

12. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

This game worries me the most. The Rockets have not won a game 4 in their last four playoff series. I hope the TC is louder than game 3. And I hope yao goes off for more than 20. Come on Rockets, put this series away.

13. doggfrenzy2

doggfrenzy2 Member

You would think Yao should be able to have a decent game after two frustrating nights, but I don't see any reason Portland is gonna ease up on the defense of Yao nor houston can find a way to solve the fronting issues. Rox win, but Ron and other guys step up; Yao still no show

14. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Tough to call a guy who is creating double teams and wide open looks without doing anything a no-show. Thats ultimate respect by the Blazers. He can literally stand there(doing nothing) on the low block and they will keep 2 guys close to him at all times.

16. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If the Rockets win, I will do my homework happily. If they lose, I am not going to school.

I hate watching basketball games :mad:

17. GirlsAloud

GirlsAloud Member

I can't sleep. I am going to this game tomorrow with my brothers! I will probably lose my voice from all the cheering I plan to do.

18. ibm

ibm Member

try to carry a loudspeaker (don't let the security know) in there. :cool:

19. GoRoxFromDC

GoRoxFromDC Member

Rox win by dd and it's 3-1 goin northwest! lets get it!!! :cool:

20. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

It's payback time for Yao Ming.. He will lead us to the victory in game 4.. Go Yao, Go Rockets!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.