1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 86, Blazers 83

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Feels good to get a win, but this is playing terrible basketball. We made zero adjustments from last game on the offensive end. Scola, Battier and the defense kept us in the game.

I'm happy we won, but we got a lot to work on.

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

*but we played terrible basketball (minus the first half)

3. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

crowd was awesome! i lost my voice!

PORTLAND SUX! PORTLAND SUX!

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

5. kikimama

kikimama Member

sometimes outgrinding the opponent is a good adjustment. Better than giving up and letting down...

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you know whats so ironic, that whole "he doesnt score enough for playing 30 mins a game"... look at outlaw's line:

31 mins 2 of 11 3 rebs 2 assts 4 pts

Just to rub it in, shane's:

6 of 10, 4 rebs 2 stls, 4 blocks, 16 pts and ONE FOUL guarding Roy...

7. ludingji

ludingji Member

currently yao got divided from rox offense. his being double-teamed indeed leaves his teammates wide open space, like scola or landry. but yao is more than just a decoy! is that rick adelman's plan or strategy to give up yao on the offesive end. if not, then yao should step up and be more agressive. he gotta demand the ball more actively. anyway, it's believed that the team built around him. hopefully, we'll see yao take the initiative to take the ball and drive to the basket during the rest of the games. go rox! kill trail blazer and kick oden's huge ass

8. ibm

ibm Member

lebron style, you mean?

9. kikimama

kikimama Member

After a killer wade style cross over, of course.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Look at who were at the game.

[​IMG]

11. ibm

ibm Member

[​IMG]

world cup soccer finals - argentina vs. germany

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

13. rockets_fanatic

Yao Ming with 7 shot attempts. I will be honest, I didn't watch the game today, but why is he not being used...AGAIN!

14. The Brian

The Brian Member

game 4...the most important game of the series for us, imo.

take this and we will have a huge advantage to finish the series.

15. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Everyone said the intro was one of the sickest one ever..
    Is there a vid that shows it? I missed the intro :(

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

if you dont know then i'm guessing you didnt watch game 2 either :confused:

17. respect_roc

respect_roc Member

I recall at least 2 occasions towards the end of the regular season when Yao caught the ball on the move and both ended up as dunks. On both occasions, the passer was Lowry and Yao was moving forward, not sideways.

On one occasion, it was after an offensive rebound, and on the other Yao was the slowest to reach the offensive end but Lowry saw him moving towards the paint and threw him the ball.

The common things were that the opponents' defence wasn't established when the ball went to Yao and he was moving forward. It also happened to be Lowry who made the assists but I won't go into that.

It's really tiring for Yao to flash across the paint from left to right and then from right to left, hoping to get a pass - which, in the playoffs so far hasn't worked. The guys defending him could simply shadow him when he's doing the crab-walk.

When Yao is moving forward, the guy who's supposed to front him ends up behind him and is taken out of the equation. The guy who's supposed to be behind him ends up having a hard time not knowing whether Yao's going to dunk, layup or shoot a short jumper. On the 2nd occasion that happened, Yao dunked and was fouled.

So, I agree with you that Yao should get the ball sometimes when he's on the move. I'd suggest that Yao ought to try to move up the offensive end slower than the rest of his team-mates on some occasions, instead of establishing his position early which also naturally means that the defence would have established theirs.

18. brambly

brambly Member

we just send 5 guys on court and we will reach the champion:
    Yaotombo,Scolandry,Batest,Browry and clutch.

19. RYA408

RYA408 Member

Why does Yao gets so much hate when he has a bad game and still get hated on when he basically wins a game for us ??? cuz he's a Chinese and you all freaking know it. You people hate him because he's a Chinese guy in the NBA and you can't accept that.

As for this game: Ron played great D and Scola stepped up. Battier usually not a scorer had 16 tonight and everyone else too. That's the point of a team and it's great to still win when one of your star player is shut down by other team's defense. If we keep doing this , they'll just give up defending Yao because with or without yao scoring 20+ points , we can still win.

20. Cha Sui Bao

Cha Sui Bao Member

You're a disgrace of a fan and a human being.

ppl forget that his teammates need to pass him the ball in order for him to shoot it.