1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao was not taken out of the game tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Apr 24, 2009.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I think we can win against the Blazers but definitely not the Lakers without Yao's offensive output. We never saw it as aggressive in the past it was because of TMac It's not easy to beat fronting, Yao is just not fast enough to take advantage. I think we have seen it 100s of times. Yao just needs to elbow and hit back until he fouls out. This will bring to attention to the refs the abuse that fronting comes with.

2. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

Yao can't do anything because the refs hate him. he will be fouled out in one quarter if he try to contribute on offense.

3. Zfan

Zfan Member

IMHO they are not as predictable as JVG era. Rockets are attacking with various offensive plays now.
    It's interesting to see how Blazers react in game 4. They don't want Yao to beat them but those frontings were not really working. Rockets found other ways to score.

4. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

To be frank, dude, I still think the current Rox dont need Yao any more.
    Yao is obviously not a good blue-collar player and also not a good rebounder and blocker like Howard.
    However, Yao has still some value right now, so trading him before he become much worse is good to both Yao and the Rox.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Sure, Yao has really stepped it up defensivly. He is rebounding, he is blocking shots, etc.

But he is not agressive AT ALL. I am concerned. He is just running up and down the court. He is not getting the ball at all because he doesn't fight for positions. He gives up very quickly.

And remember, this is our mainguy, guy who is shooting over 50% and should be getting at least 15 shots a game.

6. ibm

ibm Member

this can't be more inaccurate and is just flat out wrong.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

So you think Yao does everything correctly and it is just his teammates who don't pass the ball to him?

8. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Yao Ming WAS the game tonight. His presence alone opened up wide open looks for everybody all over the floor. Luis Scola and Landry were the clear beneficiaries.

Heck, I could play on this team and hit open jumpers if they're going to collapse 3 guys on Yao.

:cool:

9. kawins

kawins Member

I'm always amazed that the most active Yao hater on a Rockets' English forum is almost always some Chinese. What kind of self-esteem would you get by smearing one of your own ppl? Loser.

10. ibm

ibm Member

no. never said or even thought of that. but most of the times, yes. we have willing but incapable passers. to me that's the problem.

and a lot of times yao being unable to get the post position or hold it also has to with the whistles he gets or doesn't get.

in any case, saying that yao "doesn't fight for positions" is like saying the sun doesn't rise everyday, figuratively and literally.

11. kawins

kawins Member

You must have been watching text play-by-play only. Yao did the opposite of what you said: actively sealing his defenders, or getting away from them, but except part of 1st and 3rd quarters, the other players just couldn't or didn't get the ball to him.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

By saying Yao doesn't fight for positions I meant that he doesn't fight for positions enough. My fault. Maybe I should have added that.

Even Adelman said Yao needs to do a better job of getting positions.

Sure, we don't have the best passers. The only one who really can do that is Shane. T-Mac could do that very well too, but he is out.

We have a 7-6 target on the floor and we can't pass the ball to him, because every time we do it is a turnover or a bad shot. That's why we have a coach and assistants. We have to figure that out. 7 shots for your best player is just ridiculous.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oh no, it really doesn't matter because one time this happened to hakeem. and really you should be content to throwing out max contracts to guys who can't win position enough to get 7 shots in the post as long as they grab some rebounds. i mean, do you know how hard it is to find a center who only shoots 7 times and grabs some rebounds?? it doesn't matter that the blazers stopped double-teaming him last night when they saw that oden by himself and pryzbilla by himself was enough to deny him the ball in a playoff game where teams play rougher than they do in the regular season. i mean, come on...what do you expect...he grabbed rebounds. so let's max him out again next season!!!

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

This is exactly what I hope Yao will do when the other team spent the entire strategy to take him out of the game. Play good defense and grab rebounds.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually, I saw Yao wrestling in the paint that returned a glimmer of old Hakeem - Ewing battles and brought a tear in my eye. Does he need to seal his man and anticipate leading passes better by moving his feet? Yes, but that doesn't take away that he still opened up things for his teammates and that he worked his butt off on both sides of the court. And I thought a game plan that allowed us to shoot what 80%? in the first quarter was fine.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

yao opened the game up for scola, landry, and everyone else just because they had two defenders on him every time.

17. Seth

Seth Member

Wow, it´s really a shame that scola had a great game, shows how to lead a team and the only things that are said here is about his flopping and how Yao has to have more touches.

Has he??

Last game we try to involve Yao in the 4th and Portland almost took the lead, it was untill we involve scola again with his only shot of the 4th (yes, the best player in the game had only one shot in the fourth) that we regained that 6 points lead.

I hope our coach notices it, and stops changing things that work only for the sake of changing.

18. Seth

Seth Member

Not true, the bests moments offensively for the team came when Yao left the court midway the first quarter and Scola and Landry were hitting shots from everywhere and showing great speed in the Pn´R with the guards.

Admit it, it may hurt, but Yao ming only contribution were his rebounds.

19. RocketsBearFan

Actually, Yao played nearly the entire 1st quarter and Scola got the majority of his points in the 1st quarter. Admit it, if it came down to it, Scola would be shipped back to Argentina before the team did anything with Yao.

20. Seth

Seth Member

Scola scored more moints in the first because he was given more balls, actually he kept his shooting percentage similar during all quarters.

And say what you want, but you saw last night that the best offensive output was with Landry and Scola as our frontcourt, and the only thing Yao was opening last night was his gatorade.