1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter Mania

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I posted it in my reply to Lady Di

my username is spygrl

2. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

i missed that :eek:

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's called the disease of ME. I agree with the other poster- if you have a worldwide audience, then yes, something like this is fine. You know, ClutchFans is our version of Twitter because we do enjoy our daily updates of players, how practice went, game commentary, etc. But do we really need to know what Billy Cornshucker is doing in Meridian, MS? "Yep. Shucked corn today. Nothing better than shucking my corn alone in the barn. FRIIIIIIHAYYYYY!!"

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://music.todaysbigthing.com/betamax/betamax.swf?item_id=1479&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://music.todaysbigthing.com/betamax/betamax.swf?item_id=1479&fullscreen=1" /> </object><div style='padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:480px;'>See more <a href='http://www.todaysbigthing.com/'>funny videos</a> and <a href='http://music.todaysbigthing.com/'>Music Videos</a> at <a href='http://www.todaysbigthing.com/'>Today's Big Thing</a>.</div>

tweet tweet b****!

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i signed up for the purpose of using it as a direct news/info feed to my phone. cnn has been great for that.

however, most everything else, such as npr/nytimes just sends links to stories, which isn't very useful.

any other good ones out there that have it like cnn?

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

you could look here:
    http://wefollow.com/

not sure if its what you're looking for or not

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Shaq just tweeted an hour ago that he's going to his 24 hour fitness in Pearland to workout. Any stalkers out there?

8. eveluvsrox

negative.

he usually has a mini scavenger hunt or the first fan that meets up with him wins a prize.(most of the time money)

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

What I meant was someone willing to go there and take his photo.

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

11. eveluvsrox

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow b davis is the man.

he will always get my respect for his beatdown of the mavs a few years ago.

ALWAYS

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont know a single person on twitter, its one of the dumbest things in the world imo

14. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Don't knock it until you've tried it out.

I think it's great for people with mobile phones since you can just check your twitter page and post tweets whenever you want. I practically never use it on my actual computer or on the web.

Nice to get all the news, blogs, and posts from friends all in one easy to use and simple interface.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What means this word?

16. Fatty FatBastard

OK. but how is it different at all from status updates on facebook?

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am wondering the same thing, i just use facebook

18. wakkoman

Because it's not really just people posting about what they're doing at that moment.

Here are some great ones I follow besides my friends. I get Rockets updates from Jason Friedman, ESPN news updates that post links to articles, CNN breaking news, CNN Money, WSJ articles. Also, I read a few blogs, and they have a twitter feed that posts a tweet every time they have a new post. Updates from Clutch on clutchfans. There's one for Amazon DVD deals.

Just sign up for whatever information and news sources you read from and it all comes right to your phone in a easy to read and navigate format. And your phone doesnt ring everytime a new one comes across. I just like to open it when I'm bored, or have a few minutes and read up on what's going on.

Friends post links to funny youtube videos, images or whatever. Believe me, its not a bunch of people posting about taking a dump or having a coffee. And unlike Facebook updates, you can search through tweets. Also, you can respond to a specific tweet that a friend just posted. And then they can respond back. IMing, micro blogging, RSS reader all in one.

#138 wakkoman, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  19. Fatty FatBastard

Say what you want, but Facebook has killed myspace, and is about to kill twitter. I'm not sure why, but most folks only go to one thing. The media advertising has been incredible on twitter, which should begin to explain how badly it is run once people go there.

I give it less than a year.

20. wakkoman

Except Facebook and twitter are different things. Yes it's all under the social networking umbrella, but they are two different concepts. I didn't get onto Twitter until Clutch started his account. I was in the same boat as you, saying it was nothing different than Status update on Facebook. But once I got into it, my opinion on it changed a lot.

If you don't like it, don't use it. You don't have to prove to me that Facebook is king by giving your prediction of it killing Twitter and Twitter not lasting more than a year. I was a heavy Facebook user, and ever since I've been on Twitter, I use it much more than I do facebook.