1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conf. 1st Round] Orlando Magic vs. Philadelphia 76ers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 15, 2009.

?

Superman vs. AI2

1. Sixers

53 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Magic

101 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

yawn @ the first round series...

orlando-philly - blah

boston-chicago had hopes of being a good series but there goes that..booooooring.

cavs-pistons - it was over before it started

miami-atlanta - still trying to figure out..

spurs-mavs - extra boring. mavs are so freaking dull

lakers/jazz can get good if jazz can even it up..otherwise blah

denver-hornets - semi-boring.

if the rockets werent playing i wouldnt even watch the first round.

do we realllllllly need 7 games?!?!

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

You pretty much summed it up perfectly. Although I will say the only boring game in the Bulls/Celtics series was the 3rd game so I will still say it has been a fun series to watch.

Nuggets/Hornets series would actually be good if the Hornets at least half way showed up.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Orlando/Philly - It's an okay series, the last quarter for all the games so far have been exciting, good finishes.

Denver/NO - It's fun watching Chauncy be the "Big Shot" and the Birdman block the shh out of shots but NO play is dull and boring/lazy. CP3 flopping is annoying also.

Heat/Hawks - Decent series, game 3 will be interesting to watch since the other games have been dominating wins for each team.

Mavs/Spurs - Boring so far, blowouts.

Cavs/Pistons - The most boring of all the series, only series I change the channel

Lakers/Jazz - Not bad so far, I like seeing Jazz/Jerry Sloan frustrated and see Kobe be Kobe

and of course our series, probably the most exciting, I would think the same thing even if I weren't a Rockets fan.

4. ibm

ibm Member

have not watched too many 1st round playoffs too much this year. maybe i am not as passionate as before. maybe there have been too many blowouts?

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't know...this series might be close to ending, if the 76ers win the next game. I knew this was going to happen to Orlando. I still can't see why so many in media thought they would still be contenders when they got Rafer. He has been the problem for them, though. Still, he's not Jameer Nelson.

I think it is very likely that the 76ers will finish this thing in 5 or 6. I think everything from Van Gundy to the Magic being very 3 point oriented has reared its ugly head in the playoffs.

6. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

no one is watching? all on the way to the TC? alston is pulling some ... alstonesque shooting now~

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Holy crap Andre Miller is ugly

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have you ever heard him talk? Will make you laugh.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's not that orlando's strategy of relying on 3's is bad. the suns relied on 3's and made it to conference finals, the championship rockets took a crap load of 3's, several other teams have taken tons of 3's and done well. orlando's problem seems to be that none of their players aren't chokers who can't make a playoff 3 to save their lives. do they ever shoot well in a series that is close?

philly shoots 3's horrifically in the regular season and they're like 5-8 today and orlando is approximately 1-2342453 in this game so far. that's why it was hard to believe in them all season. plus, even after sweeping philly in the regular season, it just seems like philly is in their head and has been all series. philly makes the crazy shots to win games, gets the unlikely tip-ins while orlando misses the open jumpers and now it's like orlando and philly both expect those things to happen, and philly feeds off of it and orlando is crushed by it.

10. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

I find is so frustrating how Howard never gets doubled, never.

Yao isn't even allowed to catch the friggin ball, ridiculous, thats how much respect opposing teams have for the players around Yao.

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I'm starting to count the number of things Howard does that would be offensive fouls on Yao.

So far I've counted 3.

12. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Orlando is defending well, they just need to stop turning it over.

Philly needs this a lot, because last year they lost 4-2 after being up 2-1 against Detroit.

13. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

yea, I'm so glad he's gone. lol

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

everybody and their mamas know dwight isn't as good as yao offensively.

15. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

If Orlando wins this game, Philadelphia could be in some trouble.

16. imatexan

imatexan Member

Are you blind?
    HOw is the Bulls/Celtics series not good!?

The 76ers crowd is pathetic BTW

17. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Its amazing how many times Rafer abandons the offense and looks to get his own shot. Man oh man, trade of the yr for Morey !

18. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

9pt lead for ORL

this could be have been the most important quarter of the series, Philly needs to up 3-1, they can't handle the magic if they're just 2-2.

19. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Lou Williams is hurting the sixers damn it.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Alston is actually having a great shooting night, but the Magic can't grab an offensive board. 2 boards in 4 quarters? That's sad.