1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Too many days between games...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Apr 23, 2009.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously since when did the first round have two full days off between games, the Jazz-Lakers are on game 3 and they started a day after?

I don't think this helps the Rockets much - I'd rather they have blitzed portland and have them in an early hole (2-1 3-1 etc) within a few days, then put their bamboozled arses away so....WAAAAHHHHHH.

2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It takes a while to clear up NBATVs schedule?

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

It used to be a lot worse, with sometimes a game on Monday and one not until Friday.

I think its kinda funny though that the Lakers started their series the day after us, and play their game 3 the day before us.

4. chasingu

chasingu Member

i don't care much about it. sooner or later, we will win the series. ;)

5. hunter399

hunter399 Member

I think it helps us because of our age

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah, for some reason I didn't remember waiting this long between games. Maybe it's because I'm so antsy for the Rockets to win the next game.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think between Portland and Houston the long layoff benefits Houston as well. We're older, need longer to recover, and maybe some of our guys like Artest and Battier are finally getting a chance now to put some significant rest on nagging injuries they may have had throughout the year.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I used to love when they had the games overlapping on TNT/TBS. It was awesome flipping between NBA playoff basketball.

Now it's even more long and drawn out, with them not even showing all the games on real channels. Congrats NBA.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Well, Game 3 and 4 are Friday/Sunday... So does that help us?

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I remember "in the good 'ol days" when TBS also had NBA coverage, they would start the playoffs on a wednesday or something, and have four games a night. Two on TBS and Two on TNT. Or Two on TNT and one on TBS or something like that.

I liked flipping back and fourth.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Imma say that the Lakers/Jazz game is on tonight, so they don't have to schedule Jazz home games on Sunday. Game four is on Saturday night.

12. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

and game 5 is on tuesday

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think waiting this long between games is pretty much BS. Some consistency would be nice.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they scheduled the games so pretty much all game 4s and 7s land on the weekend so they can show them on ABC, it's stupid..

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Further evidence that today's league is not run for the fans, it's run for the dollar.

It is a business, after all, but that doesn't make it suck less.

16. young.k.n

young.k.n Member

It's good to us .we aren't young .we don't have so many players to play .

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we're not old either and half the team is pretty young, deke is old, he pushed our avg age over the roof

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I remember "in the good 'ol days" when I had to beg my mom to order the HSN broadcast on PPV because they would black out the national broadcast. Lousy thieving bastards.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember that. I was debating on starting a thread about the PPV playoff games.

I actually ordered a playoff game. Game three of the West Finals. We lost that one after being up 2-0 :(

I used to go to the SRO on 1960 and Cutten to watch play off PPV games.

I remember sitting in the parking lot of SRO cheering for Hakeem when he was awarded his MVP Trophy. I think it was Game 2 of the West Finals vs the Jazz.

20. young.k.n

young.k.n Member

you are right ,but the most important thing is that Yao ..is not a good physical player so he need to rest .