1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6 shots for Yao? 6?! REALLY!?!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRoxFromDC, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

The problem is Ron Artest.
    He shoot us out of the game in the second half with his crazy 3 pointer.
    I rather see Yao force shot other than Artest off balance 3 pointer.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's really kind of amazing that the Rockets were able to play the Blazers so evenly after the first quarter when they got 4 points on 2-11 shooting from Ron Artest and only 6 points on 2-3 shooting from Yao. Meanwhile, the Blazers two stars played huge.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

i would rather see Wafer have more minutes. The guy is a stud. He can hit those threes on a much better clip it seems.

Artest had lived with the three all season, and now he's trying to do the same but he's on life support.

I hate it so much, but just about every team can take yao out of the game. I've never seen a team's super star become absolutely worthless on the offensive end like Yao has become. The fronting....ugh.

4. superweapon-yao

Well your marquee player only got 6 shot attempts in one of the vital playoff games...and that sh$$ will keep happening.. under our great and 'strict' coach RA ..yeah ****!!

If Rockets management could not deal Wade (or someone real qualified PG) to Houston I guess Yao definitely will leave next year.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Here we go again.

6. ibm

ibm Member

safe to say you didn't watch the seattle in the 90's? or the orlando-philly game tonight?

7. young.k.n

young.k.n Member

Coach didn't find a good measure to solve fronting Yao
    There is nothing wrong with Yao

8. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

Well, I don't want to carry on the debate with you. I know you are an old-timer poster and I respect your knowledge in the x's and o's. But whether you are biased or not, I think everyone here can make his own judgment. Good nite.

9. 99bb

99bb Member

First, our pg sucks, so we paid for it and will pay for it. Since coming to NBA, Yao has never played with a good PG.
    Second, RA is not a good coach. As a coach, he should be able to find a way to beat the fronting problem.
    Third, our players, especially, Ron and AB always tend to dribble the ball until the last second. Lack of ball movements makes Yao vulnerable to fronting :mad:

10. redao

redao Member

7 years
    two coaches in JVG and Adelman
    100 PGs.

still could not solve the fronting problem of Yao.

There is nothing wrong with Yao.

why?

11. redao

redao Member

you sure about that? the guy has been in this business for 18 years and got paid by millions.

12. respect_roc

respect_roc Member

They won shooting 43% froim the field - we lost shooting 50%. Life's a b*t*h! :D

Seriously, though, it can't be repeated often enough: defence wins games.

13. 99bb

99bb Member

In the business for thousands of years means nothing. RA has never won a championship and he will not. His lazier-fair coaching approach brings only inconsistency to the team.
    Discipline is the base of success. :(

14. respect_roc

respect_roc Member

Having read Adelman's comments about the team's lack of patience after game 2, I suppose it's fair to admit that I was wrong to assume that the coach planned to bypass Yao on the offensive end.

It just seemed that way because he rarely had a touch especially in the 4th quarter and the coach wasn't able to do anything about that, short of suiting up himself. :rolleyes:

Either they weren't listening or they just didn't see the openings/saw the openings but didn't feel comfortable making the pass. The latter suggests a lack of skillset and/or experience on the part of the passer.

Looking for the perfect opportunity or to make the perfect pass is crazy - we're going to have very few of these during the playoffs. Risks have to be taken - they've to understand that a missed shot is as good as a turnover, and judging from past games this season, we've a higher rate of success trying to get the ball to Yao than attempting jumpers.

15. 99bb

99bb Member

In the business for thousands of years means nothing. RA has never won a championship and he will not. His laissez-faire coaching approach brings only inconsistency to the team.
    Discipline is the base of success. :(

16. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Obviousely, It is the coach and PG's fault.

When Yao is fronting,The coach wanna the other players to attack .And Blazers will be very happy,due to Rocekts has given up their best offense weapon.AB can shoot, So what, He can' dominant the game.

Yao still can't get the ball in the proper time and position.even there is a chance.

Fronting just never be solved.

17. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

The key to solve the fronting is Scola and Lowry.

Scola always do perimeter shoot when Yao is fronting,or he will pass to the 3shooter on the other side.l;lo

-----In fact, at this time ,he can also pass the ball to Yao, because the defense player is behind Yao.

Lowry can make pick&roll with Yao ,and pass to Yao. he is the player can make comfortable pass and draw fouls.

18. bsugfg

bsugfg Member

COZ Yao is unstoppable and the most dominant centre is the NBA :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

[​IMG]

20. leow

leow Member

horrible thing
    How many 7 years for a player on floor?